Carpe Diem....Versus Derby County at the Unibol, Sat 29th Sept.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Carpe Diem....Versus Derby County at the Unibol, Sat 29th Sept.

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Hopefully Oztumer gets a go, Noine and Buckley alongside him and SJM. Carve the rest of the team up how you like though I suspect Hobbs will play and I’d be surprised if Lowe wasn’t in there alongside either Williams or O Neil.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:05 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:02 pm
Hopefully Oztumer gets a go, Noine and Buckley alongside him and SJM. Carve the rest of the team up how you like though I suspect Hobbs will play and I’d be surprised if Lowe wasn’t in there alongside either Williams or O Neil.
Oztumer seems risky against one of the best attacking midfields in the league? Against Birmingham he spent his time getting nowhere near play.

Is Derby the game to play him?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:11 pm

I suspect Parky will go Lowe, Williams, O'Neil in the midfield, on the basis that a lot of Derby's goals come from Wilson, Mount and Lawrence shooting from outside the box, and having three more defensive minded midfielders in there would be the best way to combat that. O'Neil and Williams do have the energy to get forward when play allows also.

My main hope is that Keogh at the back makes mistakes, and set pieces, and maybe some fatigue from them later in the game. Every time I have seen Derby this season, Keogh has looked uncomfortable receiving the ball in tight areas and trying to pass it around at the back.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:05 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Oztumer seems risky against one of the best attacking midfields in the league? Against Birmingham he spent his time getting nowhere near play.

Tough one, but we need to make the most out of the few opportunities we'll have to find space in their half. Who better?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:56 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:11 pm
I suspect Parky will go Lowe, Williams, O'Neil in the midfield, on the basis that a lot of Derby's goals come from Wilson, Mount and Lawrence shooting from outside the box, and having three more defensive minded midfielders in there would be the best way to combat that. O'Neil and Williams do have the energy to get forward when play allows also.

My main hope is that Keogh at the back makes mistakes, and set pieces, and maybe some fatigue from them later in the game. Every time I have seen Derby this season, Keogh has looked uncomfortable receiving the ball in tight areas and trying to pass it around at the back.
That's because (even though he's now guaranteed to score against us) he's absolutely shit
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:47 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:54 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Tough one, but we need to make the most out of the few opportunities we'll have to find space in their half. Who better?
Plus it winds up BWFC I every time someone says he should play cos he hates him 😂😉

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:14 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:47 pm
boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

Plus it winds up BWFC I every time someone says he should play cos he hates him 😂😉
I like the look of him. I hate the nonsense from our fans who every year pick a player and decide he’s the future.

The Riga effect. I suspect Oztumer will have his uses. But will be used in the right situation and I struggle to see tomorrow being it. Maybe off the bench if Derby do tire.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:08 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:14 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:47 pm
boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:

I like the look of him. I hate the nonsense from our fans who every year pick a player and decide he’s the future.

The Riga effect. I suspect Oztumer will have his uses. But will be used in the right situation and I struggle to see tomorrow being it. Maybe off the bench if Derby do tire.
Bolton fans just want someone who looks comfortable on the ball and who’s got a spark of creativity. They’re hardly gonna go gaga over Murphy are they. Otz gives us a bit of hope that there’ll be a bit of imagination in the middle of the pitch.

Sounds to me that you actually like being bored to tears ;)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:01 pm

Alnwick is out, knee injury - Matthews starts

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 14.01.22.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 14.01.22.png (407.82 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
Looks to me like
Matthews; Olkowski, Wheater, Hobbs, Grounds; Lowe, Williams; Noone, Oztumer, Buckley; Magennis
Subs: B.Williams (GK), Beevers, O'Neil, Vela, Wildschut, Donaldson, Doidge

Plenty options on the bench I guess, and you can't call it a negative XI either

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:01 pm
Alnwick is out, knee injury - Matthews starts

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 14.01.22.png

Looks to me like
Matthews; Olkowski, Wheater, Hobbs, Grounds; Lowe, Williams; Noone, Oztumer, Buckley; Magennis
Subs: B.Williams (GK), Beevers, O'Neil, Vela, Wildschut, Donaldson, Doidge

Plenty options on the bench I guess, and you can't call it a negative XI either
But it's only one up front! Of course it's negative! We should have chucked ten forwards on!

:crazy:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:11 pm

Vela hasn't been playing well, so no surprise there. I don't think well see the best of Wildschutt unless we give him a start role. I'm not suggesting that's a best option, just wondering. The rest, we have to hope Parky gets it right. We seem to have a bit of fire power in reserve. Beevers might not be over happy right now though. All told, I'm "hoping" for the points in this one.

COME ON YOU WHITES..... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Seems strange that he's going with Otz today when he didn't fancy him against QPR but we can only see how it goes.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:54 pm

As the lads do deep breathing of the Rivington air, our mic men chat about how good Derby are...Come on lads, don't rub it in. Talk of Derby being a bit knackered after midweek, can't see it some how. We need to start forth as we mena to go on. Come on...Five to go...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:01 pm

Mic man can't resist mentioning Bury, then on to real football, he reckons about two and a half thousand Derby supporters have made the trip and possible fifteen thou in total? . Mention of Stephen Darby on the shirt, then away we go. Derby in all black...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:07 pm

We're playing left to right (whatever that means on a radio) and off.....They kick off, Mathews gets his first touch and...we get a throw. I'm going to struggle with some Derby names as they get a free kick and then a throw. They sally forth and swap a pass or two ,get repulsed and then earn a throw off Hobs. Wilson (for them?) blocked and they have a corner. Back they come and...get another throw. (Wilbraham scores for Rochdale by the way) Bennet gets fouled, they get a free kick and here they come.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Johnson and Boggle swap passes.....mic man gives scores, then all that ends as a goal kick to us. Mic man telling us how good Derby are, we block it and sally ourselves and....Scott Carson wallops, no he doesn't he.......ohhhh a bad back pass and Buckley took too long to shoot, tried to round the keeper.... and they clear.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:12 pm

Free kick on halfway to us and......Wheats gets a corner. Oztumer takes and.....outswinger and....not a good one. Buckley comes and.....NOONE SCORES....1-0 US. :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:14 pm

Mathews cleared loing, Buckley crossed and Noone nodded home.....Yeah..... :D

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Get in!

Good header at the back post.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:17 pm

whoop whoop!!
coyw