Love thy Neighbour...Bolton V Blackburn Sat 6th Oct.17-30

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Love thy Neighbour...Bolton V Blackburn Sat 6th Oct.17-30

Post by Jugs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:23 pm

How is Doidge going to develop when he's chucked on for ten minutes here and there?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:09 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 pm
If the following is true from Marc Iles then I am lost for words

"Few have asked about #bwfc playing two up front. I put the question to Phil Parkinson, and he said: "We did. Erhun Oztumer is a striker.""
Come on Parky wouldn't have said that, we are lucky to have him - he's the best manager we've had since 1888....I'm sure every other championship club would have Parky in a heartbeat....only Parky can play football like that.
:roll:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:12 pm
DJBlu wrote:

"Few have asked about #bwfc playing two up front. I put the question to Phil Parkinson, and he said: "We did. Erhun Oztumer is a striker.""
Oh right, we've replaced ALF with a striker who isn't a striker and a non league hero lol
You realise ALF wanted out of the club don't you?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:36 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:20 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

Come on Parky wouldn't have said that, we are lucky to have him - he's the best manager we've had since 1888....I'm sure every other championship club would have Parky in a heartbeat....only Parky can play football like that.
I’m on board with the attacking coach you suggested. We need help in the final third. How is Doidge going to develop from a league two player with no service?
Dibs - it wont happen, Parkinson will never admit to any deficiency in his coaching or tactics....after all he played 2 up front tonight, and if the supporters couldn't see that Oztumer was our 2nd striker then as usual they know nowt.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

You really do need help. It's becoming an unhealthy hatred towards the man.

The frustration I show is normally based from instinctive reaction to a loss. I'll sleep tonight and in the morning put my rational head back on and look forward to the next game. If your only joy in life is that you believe your opinions of an individual are slowly being proved true then I suggest you find a hobby other than football.

It's getting boring because no manager let alone PP can provide what you are looking for without funding. That doesn't mean he isn't making mistakes, what it does mean is he is working with what he has got. I doubt he goes out of his way to disappoint the fans.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:49 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:35 pm
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

Oh right, we've replaced ALF with a striker who isn't a striker and a non league hero lol
Only because he knew PP wouldn't play him. Knew his worth and knew PP didn't.

At the same time, he was contracted to the club. No one was under any obligation to let him go

But PP couldn't guarantee him any games

And now we're left with a midfielder as a striker yay lol

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:49 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

What the actual feck?

So he knew he wasn't going to play,
We keep him and don't play him.
We are better off? How?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:06 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 pm
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

What the actual feck?

We are better off? How?
Ok because you're playing dim, he knew he wasn't a guaranteed starter

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:12 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:06 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

What the actual feck?

We are better off? How?
It's cock all to do with playing dim. I know he wasn't a guaranteed starter as was the case last season. Your logic is what's confusing. We're stuck with what we have because he wanted away from the club not because we wanted to get rid of him. If a player doesn't want to be here then no matter how great he is he can do one.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:28 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:12 pm
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

What the actual feck?

We are better off? How?
It's cock all to do with playing dim. I know he wasn't a guaranteed starter as was the case last season. Your logic is what's confusing. We're stuck with what we have because he wanted away from the club not because we wanted to get rid of him. If a player doesn't want to be here then no matter how great he is he can do one.
When you sign a League One striker and make him your main man, despite ALF's record and contribution towards the end of last season, you're telling him you don't fancy him

Just as you did in Jan when you told him he could find a new club

And don't someone give me this 'Magennis suits our style of play better' yeah because that's reallyyyyy working out, especially in goals and entertainment at home isn't it. 9 shots on target in about 5 games. Brill

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:45 pm

DJBlu wrote:

Not his best quote.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:56 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:28 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:12 pm
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Jugs wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

What the actual feck?

We are better off? How?
When you sign a League One striker and make him your main man, despite ALF's record and contribution towards the end of last season, you're telling him you don't fancy him

Just as you did in Jan when you told him he could find a new club

And don't someone give me this 'Magennis suits our style of play better' yeah because that's reallyyyyy working out, especially in goals and entertainment at home isn't it. 9 shots on target in about 5 games. Brill

I've got no intention of spending my Saturday night re-hashing an old argument so this is all I'll post on this point - he started more than twenty matches last season and in those matches we averaged a points return that would have got us relegated comfortably. The players we had just weren't good enough to accommodate him. I'd have preferred it not have been that way, but it was a reality we had to deal with.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:11 pm

The thing with ALF is you could largely rely on him to get you a goal. And he could score a variety, whether it be a worldie v Fulham, tap in v Villa or a header v Leeds

I just don't see a player we can rely on for goals ATM

And yeah I'm pissed off that we got beat at home v Blackburn lol

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:43 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:11 pm
The thing with ALF is you could largely rely on him to get you a goal. And he could score a variety, whether it be a worldie v Fulham, tap in v Villa or a header v Leeds

I've got my figures wrong actually. He started less than twenty but that run that we had with him starting would have got us relegated if we had set up that way for the whole campaign. And when we started with two up front it generally ended badly. None of that was particularly his fault.

I can't argue with you about us not having a player we can rely on for goals, though. And like you, I'm also pissed off that we got beat by them lot. Not least because they weren't really any better than us.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:55 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:43 pm
Jugs wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:11 pm

I've got my figures wrong actually. He started less than twenty but that run that we had with him starting would have got us relegated if we had set up that way for the whole campaign. And when we started with two up front it generally ended badly. None of that was particularly his fault.

I can't argue with you about us not having a player we can rely on for goals, though. And like you, I'm also pissed off that we got beat by them lot. Not least because they weren't really any better than us.
Yeah we weren't half bad at times once they'd scored. The lack of cutting edge killed us, and to be fair if Yanic's delivery was better we might have scored.

But that's another problem and Ameobi can't come back soon enough

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 am

We'll finish above Blackburn. Thought we were very unlucky
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:04 am

Thought we played pretty well and were very unlucky to lose. Possibly the best home performance of the season.

Magennis - superb. Our motm for me. Hobbs played really well also.

Ozzy - Clearly a neat player with decent ability but played too deep in this game. He needs to be creating and scoring in the role he is playing and didn't really look like doing that.

Grounds - At the moment a liability and the biggest reason we are losing games. Schoolboy defending for their goal.

Wildschut - Back to uber frustrating mode. Incredible pace and athleticism for someone of his build, but touch and control of a Sunday league player.

Thought we missed Ameobi in this game. Noone and Buckley aren't penetrating enough to break down teams who want to sit back and defend.

Blackburn were nothing more than ok. Only really created the one chance they scored from. They defended their lead ok, kept the ball well, Dack is an intelligent player who finds space and has good movement, a lot better than Ozzy in that role in this game.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:35 am

When all's said and done. Bolton Wanderers 0 is the only relevant factor.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:18 am

We played well, but our final ball and crossing let us down.

Oztumer isn’t doing well enough sadly, he had so much of the ball, but his end product isn’t there. In fact I think he looks out of his depth.

Wildschut was woeful when he came on. I was surprised Buckley went off as I thought he looked far more dangerous than Noone.

We are one quality wide player away from winning that game comfortably. We dominated it but couldn’t break them down. First half their keeper makes two great saves and they clear one off the line. They had one serious chance and score, so certainly the luck was with them.

Ameobi cannot come back soon enough. I also think the midfield needs a tweak. I’d be tempted to think who is most effective behind a striker, because Oztumer right now isn’t doing enough.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:33 am

^ Agree with most that but I'd keep faith with Ozthumer for now. Whilst I thought he was poor yesterday he does offer us something our other midfielders dont. He can play a decent pass, has that extra something to unlock a defence and can be a goal threat. I recognise there wasn't much of that on show yesterday but swapping him for another combative type (Vela or Murphy) would leave us worse off imo
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"