Out of the Forest and up to Le Moors.. Notts Forest Home, Wed, 24th Oct 8-0 .

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Out of the Forest and up to Le Moors.. Notts Forest Home, Wed, 24th Oct 8-0 .

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:17 pm

The noble Foresters of Nottingham leave the trees behind and visit Le Moors university for a lesson in jousting. Let's hope we can ambush a few and take a bagful of points off them. To horse.... :D
p.s. Bows and arrows will be deposited at the turnstiles and can be collected on Sunday afternoon. Bullseye and a 2-1 victory for the Trotters. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Out of the Forest and up to Le Moors.. Notts Forest Home, Wed, 24th Oct 8-0 .

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:15 pm

That's a big win you're predicting, Tango! :wink:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Out of the Forest and up to Le Moors.. Notts Forest Home, Wed, 24th Oct 8-0 .

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:32 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:15 pm
That's a big win you're predicting, Tango! :wink:
Okay, I'll take a little one then... :oyea:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:17 am

Steve Parkin: https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... st-forest/

“We need to be a bit more progressive at times, we know that. I think when we use Ozzie is gives us a bit more. But we also don’t want to wreck our confidence by being on the end of a walloping and being too open. It’s about finding that nice balance where we can create chances, a bit like we did against Derby and Blackburn.

“We have to attack a bit quicker, which would be my opinion. We’ve spoken to the lads about being more dynamic – not necessarily counter attacking – but when we get into that middle third let’s be a bit faster so we can get shots and crosses in.”

Parkin on Forest:
“They're a good, technical team with a pedigree manager. They've spent lots of money and the strength of the squad means they'll be expected to be up there in May. It's just such a difficult league. We would like to be more progressive, we would like to create more, but you do have to be so careful not to leave yourself wide open against a team like that.

"It just shows this is the hardest division in the world. Everyone says the Premier League is tough but the lads at the bottom get nearly as much money to spend as those at the top. In our division there’s a big gap.”

Chris Doidge: https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... est-clash/
“We’ve been doing a lot of shooting practice recently and sometimes it's instinct like that (his goal against Rotherham), it dropped to me lovely and I managed to put my foot through it, so it nestled in the corner. But everyone knows you’ve got to score goals to win games – and we need to create more for the front boys.

“I think Josh (Magennis) has done fantastic since he came in, scored goals, and Clayton was brilliant against Rotherham so as a team we’ve got to feed our strikers a lot more. We’re trying to do that. We changed our shape and played two up front and I think that helped us a bit. We got more ball in their box. In all I think it worked okay.”

Parky on strikers: https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... es-praise/
“Chris has had to be patient but he’s a great lad and we brought him in because we knew he’d work hard to improve. The lads are absolutely delighted for him because they’ve seen how hard he works in training every day.

"He’s a number nine and when we started off this season we had in our mind that Clayton (Donaldson) and Josh (Magennis) can play wide, so he could play down the middle. Josh has since done well in the number nine shirt.

“We have got that option still to go 4-3-3. I don’t know if Josh and Chris are too similar to be a partnership but I think Clayton can play alongside either one of them in a 3-5-2.

“Clayton was immense (at Rotherham), he ran his socks off for the team. He was very unlucky not to score, ran the channels which he’s good at, and did everything you want from a striker aside from getting the goal.

“I’m really pleased for him because he’s had to wait patiently and we’ve got competition at the top end of the pitch.”

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:24 am

Nice to see someone - even if it's the assistant manager and his "opinion" - recognising that we need to attack quicker and with more aggression at home.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:22 pm

I'm considering a half ST and the next few performances will make be making that decision for me. £27 for a ticket in the North Lower is still too much for a midweek Championship match and on that basis, I'll be listening to the wireless.

I can only see something of a drubbing tonight and if we're on the end of one, I reckon the pressure on PP will start to build towards the festive period. I reckon Forest will play deep and hit us fast from wide areas, so the team selection and formation will be interesting.

Another loss and potentially, we start falling towards the bottom 3. A win and we sit perhaps happily in mid table. I reckon 4 points from the next 2 is a decent return, but personally, I can't see more than 2 at most. PP and his deputy are asking for more shots and better quality balls into the box, but sadly, the team don't seem to have listened to many of his appeals to them so far.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:46 pm

It is going to be interesting how we line up. I have no clue what Parky and his team are planning for this. We could go 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1. With the comments being made about strikers in form and potential striking partnerships then 4-4-bloomin2 is even possible.

Vela or Ozzy could start in the AM role if we have one. Any of Magennis, Donaldson or Doidge could start up front. One or more could even play wide. Then we have three by trade wide players available in Noone, Wildschut and Dyer.

They have spent a lot of money, and are trying the Wolves model from last season, by investing in young Portugese attacking players. Karanka knows how to do well in this league. I see us losing this sadly 1-2 but hoping the spirit of May returns and we sneak the win. COYW.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:09 pm

Play 4-2-1-3 and frighten the xxxxing life out of em... :oyea:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:20 pm

Anyone know if the red button games are available on Now TV if you buy a day pass?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:55 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:20 pm
Anyone know if the red button games are available on Now TV if you buy a day pass?
Was going to ask a similar question. I've recently dropped Sky Sports - that's unemployment - but still have Sky and wondered what the best way would be for me to watch tonight's feast of entertainment. Any ideas welcome. (I'm not going to the stadium, I'm working till 6pm in London.)

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:09 pm
Play 4-2-1-3 and frighten the xxxxing life out of em... :oyea:
Out of them??

That'd f*cking terrify me!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:55 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Was going to ask a similar question. I've recently dropped Sky Sports - that's unemployment - but still have Sky and wondered what the best way would be for me to watch tonight's feast of entertainment. Any ideas welcome. (I'm not going to the stadium, I'm working till 6pm in London.)
According to our kid who has a monthly pass, it isn't :cry:

Gonna be a stream then I think.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Too many cars on the fxckin roads these days. (in a mini bus with eight Forest fans from work. Still ten minutes away from stadium).
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:16 pm

Blimey, they're only short of Luis Figa. Whole pile of Portuguese names in their. And our own team news is.......? Anyone?

Anticipating a few things might help a bit tonight, because ball watching at the speed they play is a no-no.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:25 pm

Anyone win at guess the XI? I was miles off!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:27 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:16 pm
Blimey, they're only short of Luis Figa. Whole pile of Portuguese names in their. And our own team news is.......? Anyone?

Anticipating a few things might help a bit tonight, because ball watching at the speed they play is a no-no.
They've only got 4 Portugese, not that many...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:29 pm

Okolwski injured in the warm up. Mark Little steps in...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 19.29.03.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 19.29.03.png (294.62 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
LITTLE IN FOR OLKO, MURPHY ON BENCH

Looks like back to 4231 with Vela at 10. Wildschut's third start, the first since PNE; in both his previous ones, he's come off after 61 minutes #gowarmupOz

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:29 pm
Okolwski injured in the warm up. Mark Little steps in...
Unless they had a hunch Olko was doubtful, it's lucky Little was on the bench to be elevated - he's only been in the matchday 18 for one of the last nine games

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:47 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:55 pm
Prufrock wrote:
According to our kid who has a monthly pass, it isn't :cry:

Gonna be a stream then I think.
This iFollow business - it's £4.49 a month or £10 for one match? Eh?

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/octobe ... am-forest/