Hail the conquering heroes come.......Bolton V Hull, 3-0'clock Sat 27th Oct.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Hail the conquering heroes come.......Bolton V Hull, 3-0'clock Sat 27th Oct.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Once did a week's course in Hull. Most impressive thing I remember was the mounted statue of King Billy and not much else. Now the Billy boys are coming for a visit. Hope they won't be conquering us and we can get a win....at last....Views....?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Hail the conquering heroes come.......Bolton V Hull, 3-0'clock Sat 27th Oct.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:42 pm

PP presser, per official Twitter feed.

"What is important for myself and the team is that we've got to put in a better performance across the 90 minutes on Saturday.

We accept the criticism from Wednesday but there is a big gulf between the two teams. That said, standards have got to improve.

We've got to have that belief and bravery on Saturday to show the supporters what we're all about as a team. We're capable of playing much better than we did Wednesday.

Jason Lowe is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season, but Will Buckley is back after his spell on the sidelines.

We're looking forward to the challenge of Hull City and we need a response from Wednesday. It will be interesting to see how they line up with their injuries, but we'll be ready for tomorrow's clash.

Every game is a big game - three points can make such a difference in the league standings - but we need to get back to how we know we can play and how we did so against Derby."

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Hail the conquering heroes come.......Bolton V Hull, 3-0'clock Sat 27th Oct.

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:20 pm

There wasn’t a big gulf in the league between the two teams before Wednesday.

Regardless, the standard PP boom/bust cycle is due a turn soon. Will it be tomorrow?

I’d play the Don and Magennis and Dyer in a 433. Vela, Williams and Murphy will be the midfield 3 I think. Olkoswki and the other 3 lads from Weds.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Lowe will be a big miss. Quietly does a lot of tidying and linking at the back.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:42 pm
PP presser, per official Twitter feed.

"What is important for myself and the team is that we've got to put in a better performance across the 90 minutes on Saturday.

We accept the criticism from Wednesday but there is a big gulf between the two teams. That said, standards have got to improve.

We've got to have that belief and bravery on Saturday to show the supporters what we're all about as a team. We're capable of playing much better than we did Wednesday.

Jason Lowe is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season, but Will Buckley is back after his spell on the sidelines.

We're looking forward to the challenge of Hull City and we need a response from Wednesday. It will be interesting to see how they line up with their injuries, but we'll be ready for tomorrow's clash.

Every game is a big game - three points can make such a difference in the league standings - but we need to get back to how we know we can play and how we did so against Derby."
Here's where I differ with that analysis.
We didn't play against Derby, it was a case of Derby didn't play against us.
If we are going to have to rely on other teams not turning up, we're fxcked.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:10 pm

It's one of them where you probably think "well, we've been rubbish recently and it's all doom and gloom but we're not total rubbish, everyone's been a bit dramatic and we'll beat Hull and pick things up again, I mean it's only Hull."

The reality is I think we'll lose 2-0.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:13 pm

It's one of the EFL coverage's main matches, will be extended highlights on Quest, and thus won't be on iFollow. Mate of mine's doing commentary so I told him everyone loves Parky and we're playing like Holland 74. (I didn't really)

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Hull apparently only have one fit senior CB (Villa loanee Tommy Elphick), with Reece Burke (ex BWFC from last season) and Jordy De Wijs injured from Wednesday.

Hull are run terribly but have one of the top six budgets in this league, and have some good players. In normal circumstances I could see us losing this, but the fixtures have let terrible for them with that long trip to Bristol on Wednesday night. Then they have conceded last second goals to lose and draw their last two games, so morale can't be high. We need to get lot of balls into their box and play direct imho. 3-1 to us. COYW.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:32 pm

It's definitely a game for this much mooted positive approach to finally appear.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Walking to the game on Wednesday night I realised it has been ages since Forest had won a league game at ours. I knew then and there we were doomed.

I can't remember the last time Hull won a league game at ours either.

0-3 again
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:59 am

You're just too positive Harry.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:17 am

I genuinely hope the players put in the yards for Parky today. When all is said and done he has put up with some right shit here and there is plenty who wouldn’t have coped. He is a decent bloke and deserves a fair crack of the whip. Players need to step up for him today and show what they are made of.

Come on you white men!

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:48 am

:( I'm just deciding whether to go or not & I'm a STH, don't think there will be many there today

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:53 am

Parky can sound off as much as he likes. We all know full well it'll just be more of the same. He wasn't even prepared to try to take the game to QPR at home, FFS, against a side with a worse history of away defeats than the French military.

As I mentioned after Forest, we'll only score if the opposition gift us one. We certainly aren't cut out to create one, especially not from one of our ale house 'set-pieces'.

Hull City to think it's their 4ucking birthday. 2-0 to them.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:53 am
Parky can sound off as much as he likes. We all know full well it'll just be more of the same. He wasn't even prepared to try to take the game to QPR at home, FFS, against a side with a worse history of away defeats than the French military.

As I mentioned after Forest, we'll only score if the opposition gift us one. We certainly aren't cut out to create one, especially not from one of our ale house 'set-pieces'.

Hull City to think it's their 4ucking birthday. 2-0 to them.
Spot on....its Parkinson's mentality that needs to change, the team mirror Parkinson....very dour, passionless & uninspiring

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:06 pm

Interesting line-up to say the least. REALLY hope it works and we win.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:06 pm

Donaldson & Doidge up top
Oztumer in the midfield
Wheater dropped

Cant say it’s not an attacking line up.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:51 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:06 pm
Donaldson & Doidge up top
Oztumer in the midfield
Wheater dropped

Cant say it’s not an attacking line up.
Wheater, almost unanimously best player weekly? No Magennis? Not seen the full sheet, but hmmm? Ah well, COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:05 pm

A bright first er...45 seconds, and now we have a free kick. Okloski and.....a bit if huffing and puffing, they clear, we go back.....they clear badly, Oz goes and....mic man has a bit of chat about Oz and co. Goal kick them, Oz comes again......crosses and cleared. O back again and...a free kick then.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:05 pm

http://www.footystreams.stream/p/ch66.html

Game is on here for those willing to endure the punishment.