Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2692
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by jimbo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:13 pm

Olkowski's had a terrible game! He's been all over the place which is a shame.

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:12 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by jonnybwfc » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:14 pm

jimbo wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:13 pm
Olkowski's had a terrible game! He's been all over the place which is a shame.
He does, however, have wonderful hair.
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3683
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by DJBlu » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:19 pm

Really want to know the pass completion of Noone in the final 3rd. I think it's 1.

dave the minion
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by dave the minion » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:21 pm

in other news, went on the Allianz Arena tour yesterday in Munich. Guide - a lifelong Bayern fan - asked who i support. When i tell him, he replies "Ah, Kevin Davies...". Wonderful.
Image

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3683
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by DJBlu » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Pathetic all over the pitch.

feck off Parkinson.

dave the minion
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by dave the minion » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:41 pm

Not Parky's fault. he's not on the pitch week after week playing like a 7 year old. Whilst he might be limited as a coach and have his hands tied financially, the players - to a man - need to take responsibility for this. They are better than they are currently playing and need to quickly step up....
Image

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3683
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by DJBlu » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:44 pm

5 changes 2 of them from the back line and we concede 2?

That's clearly not Parkinsons fault.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:46 pm

Decent performance, at least going forward. I thought we acquitted ourselves well at times. Great ball in from Otz for the chance that Chester hooked off the line, and were it not for their illegal second goal (how the feck did the linesman miss that) we MIGHT have got something from the game. We were looking decent.

Once again, though, we shot ourselves in the foot early on with some poor defending. Olkowski was bloody awful defensively.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm

Definitely Olkowski's worst game for us. Hope it is a one off, we have enough problems elsewhere.

2nd half was worse than the 1st. Well beaten in the end. Noone, Ozzy, Buckley are not close to being good enough. We have enough of the ball, but once it gets to the final third it all breaks down. Ozzy had one of the worst games I have seen an attacking midfielder have. Gave it away, a non-entity defensively, hardly had the ball in the final third, ended up dropping deep and could barely hold onto it there. Needs to be on the bench now. Ireland and Ameobi if we can keep them fit are the only hope.

Interesting the commentator mentioned a "local consortium" interested in buying us. Anyone know anything about this?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:49 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Definitely Olkowski's worst game for us. Hope it is a one off, we have enough problems elsewhere.

2nd half was worse than the 1st. Well beaten in the end. Noone, Ozzy, Buckley are not close to being good enough. We have enough of the ball, but once it gets to the final third it all breaks down. Ozzy had one of the worst games I have seen an attacking midfielder have. Gave it away, a non-entity defensively, hardly had the ball in the final third, ended up dropping deep and could barely hold onto it there. Needs to be on the bench now. Ireland and Ameobi if we can keep them fit are the only hope.

Interesting the commentator mentioned a "local consortium" interested in buying us. Anyone know anything about this?
Honestly don't get this negativity towards Otz. Thought he looked decent tbh and whipped a great ball in for the chance they cleared off the line.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:52 pm

Jugs wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:49 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Definitely Olkowski's worst game for us. Hope it is a one off, we have enough problems elsewhere.

2nd half was worse than the 1st. Well beaten in the end. Noone, Ozzy, Buckley are not close to being good enough. We have enough of the ball, but once it gets to the final third it all breaks down. Ozzy had one of the worst games I have seen an attacking midfielder have. Gave it away, a non-entity defensively, hardly had the ball in the final third, ended up dropping deep and could barely hold onto it there. Needs to be on the bench now. Ireland and Ameobi if we can keep them fit are the only hope.

Interesting the commentator mentioned a "local consortium" interested in buying us. Anyone know anything about this?
Honestly don't get this negativity towards Otz. Thought he looked decent tbh and whipped a great ball in for the chance they cleared off the line.
Wasn't that Noone?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:53 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:52 pm
Jugs wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:49 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Definitely Olkowski's worst game for us. Hope it is a one off, we have enough problems elsewhere.

2nd half was worse than the 1st. Well beaten in the end. Noone, Ozzy, Buckley are not close to being good enough. We have enough of the ball, but once it gets to the final third it all breaks down. Ozzy had one of the worst games I have seen an attacking midfielder have. Gave it away, a non-entity defensively, hardly had the ball in the final third, ended up dropping deep and could barely hold onto it there. Needs to be on the bench now. Ireland and Ameobi if we can keep them fit are the only hope.

Interesting the commentator mentioned a "local consortium" interested in buying us. Anyone know anything about this?
Honestly don't get this negativity towards Otz. Thought he looked decent tbh and whipped a great ball in for the chance they cleared off the line.
Wasn't that Noone?
Don't think so.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1667
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Jugs wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:53 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:52 pm
Jugs wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:49 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Definitely Olkowski's worst game for us. Hope it is a one off, we have enough problems elsewhere.

2nd half was worse than the 1st. Well beaten in the end. Noone, Ozzy, Buckley are not close to being good enough. We have enough of the ball, but once it gets to the final third it all breaks down. Ozzy had one of the worst games I have seen an attacking midfielder have. Gave it away, a non-entity defensively, hardly had the ball in the final third, ended up dropping deep and could barely hold onto it there. Needs to be on the bench now. Ireland and Ameobi if we can keep them fit are the only hope.

Interesting the commentator mentioned a "local consortium" interested in buying us. Anyone know anything about this?
Honestly don't get this negativity towards Otz. Thought he looked decent tbh and whipped a great ball in for the chance they cleared off the line.
Wasn't that Noone?
Don't think so.
Fair enough if it was Ozzy. But I thought in general he didn't look confident, and didn't do anywhere near enough creatively. He is neat and tidy, but we need a lot more than that...

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38103
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:11 pm

Absolute bucking follox. I have supported the Wanderers all my life, since I first found out, via B.B.C Sports report on the radio we weren't actually called "Bolton Wanderers Nil". I was 8 at the time. I have seen enough ups and downs to still despise any relation who is a plastic manc or Scouse supporter. I will pass away supporting the Whites. They are, and always have been my team.

I will now say this with total conviction: Anybody who thinks this current team is good enough to get in the top half of this division playing like they are doing is absolutely xxxxing dreaming. We were played with tonight and any decent Bolton Combination side could have put up a better display. We can even turn an advantage into a disadvantage in two easy passes and if we spent as much time going forwards as we do backwards we may even resemble a football team. In short, we were made to look very foolish and amateur tonight. I'm betting every single manager in this league knows us as soft touches. Attack us and we retreat, and we still haven't got rid of the idea that we can win offsides all the time. Bollox to offsides, face the ball, it's known by every kid over ten that a fast man will go through you like mike Tyson walking through butterflies. Very pissed off tonight indeed. What the answer is I know not, but we need one in a hurry. Until we get some financing and buy players of the level needed we have really got problems. Yeah, okay, you know and I know you know....etc.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:11 pm
Absolute bucking follox. I have supported the Wanderers all my life, since I first found out, via B.B.C Sports report on the radio we weren't actually called "Bolton Wanderers Nil". I was 8. I have seen enough ups and downs to still despise any relation who is a plastic manc or Scouse supporter. I will pass away supporting the Whites. They are, and always have been my team.

I will now say this with total conviction: Anybody who thinks this current team is good enough to get in the top half of this division playing like they are doing is absolutely xxxxing dreaming. We were played with tonight and any decent Bolton Combination side could have put up a better display. We can even turn an advantage into a disadvantage in two easy passes and if we spent as much time going forwards as we do backwards we may even resemble a football team. In short, we were made to look very foolish and amateur tonight. I'm betting every single manager in this league knows us as soft touches. Attack us and we retreat, and we still haven't got rid of the idea that we can win offsides all the time. Bollox to offsides, face the ball, it's known by every kid over ten that a fast man will go through you like mike Tyson walking through butterflies. Very pissed off tonight indeed. What the answer is I know not, but we need one in a hurry. Until we get some financing and buy players of the level needed we have really got problems. Yeah, okay, you know and I know you know....etc.
Blimey, Bolton have even managed to piss Tango off!

It was offside though, and it was never a free kick to begin with BUT you are right - awful defending from Pawel, who had an absolute mare tonight.

nicholaldo
Promising
Promising
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:24 pm

We gave it a pretty good go but ultimately just didn't have the quality to get anything from it.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:42 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:24 pm
We gave it a pretty good go but ultimately just didn't have the quality to get anything from it.
Agree with this. We had a go, we almost equalised ... but ultimately we're not getting enough shots on target. However, there were signs of encouragement for me going forward but defensively we're just a calamity at times.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25489
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:30 pm

Jugs wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:49 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Definitely Olkowski's worst game for us. Hope it is a one off, we have enough problems elsewhere.

2nd half was worse than the 1st. Well beaten in the end. Noone, Ozzy, Buckley are not close to being good enough. We have enough of the ball, but once it gets to the final third it all breaks down. Ozzy had one of the worst games I have seen an attacking midfielder have. Gave it away, a non-entity defensively, hardly had the ball in the final third, ended up dropping deep and could barely hold onto it there. Needs to be on the bench now. Ireland and Ameobi if we can keep them fit are the only hope.

Interesting the commentator mentioned a "local consortium" interested in buying us. Anyone know anything about this?
Honestly don't get this negativity towards Otz. Thought he looked decent tbh and whipped a great ball in for the chance they cleared off the line.
He’s not very good. Modern day Riga. First touch then feck all.

Didn’t think we played badly tonight but the lack of end product is incredibly worrying. Parky has tried every combination and none are able to rustle up a goal.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38103
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:32 pm

Jugs wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:42 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:24 pm
We gave it a pretty good go but ultimately just didn't have the quality to get anything from it.
Agree with this. We had a go, we almost equalised ... but ultimately we're not getting enough shots on target. However, there were signs of encouragement for me going forward but defensively we're just a calamity at times.
Those two headed goal from the same player (okay, one was given offside ..luckily) were straight out of chapter one in the "How not to do it" book from a defence point of view. Ridiculously easy and the same player found the side netting not long after from much the same. Both times from defenders looking to play the offside rule and not facing the ball. Just one small ray of hope, Dodige looks hungry and may inspire a bit of bite up front. Both Donaldson, and later Mac, were woefully short of support and their knockdowns were just thank-you's for defenders. We really do need to get men in on goal. One interception that looked like a real chance ended up with Ben. Possesion means nothing if it isn't ending up with chances.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25489
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Villainous Intent. V Aston Villa away Friday 02-11-18 7-45.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:11 pm
Absolute bucking follox. I have supported the Wanderers all my life, since I first found out, via B.B.C Sports report on the radio we weren't actually called "Bolton Wanderers Nil". I was 8 at the time. I have seen enough ups and downs to still despise any relation who is a plastic manc or Scouse supporter. I will pass away supporting the Whites. They are, and always have been my team.

I will now say this with total conviction: Anybody who thinks this current team is good enough to get in the top half of this division playing like they are doing is absolutely xxxxing dreaming. We were played with tonight and any decent Bolton Combination side could have put up a better display. We can even turn an advantage into a disadvantage in two easy passes and if we spent as much time going forwards as we do backwards we may even resemble a football team. In short, we were made to look very foolish and amateur tonight. I'm betting every single manager in this league knows us as soft touches. Attack us and we retreat, and we still haven't got rid of the idea that we can win offsides all the time. Bollox to offsides, face the ball, it's known by every kid over ten that a fast man will go through you like mike Tyson walking through butterflies. Very pissed off tonight indeed. What the answer is I know not, but we need one in a hurry. Until we get some financing and buy players of the level needed we have really got problems. Yeah, okay, you know and I know you know....etc.
It wasn’t that bad. They are an extensively assembled side and we matched them for long periods. Poor defending cost us alongside our pathological inability to score. But we created chances. It’s quality in the final third that is the issue. And frankly the difference between 24th and 6th is a couple of quality attacking players with goals in them.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests