A welcome on the hillside......V Swansea at home, Sat 10-11-18 , 3-o'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Re: A welcome on the hillside......V Swansea at home, Sat 10-11-18 , 3-o'clock.

Post by dave the minion » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:39 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:44 pm

Groundhog day....how old are you 10 ?, the buck stops with the manager....Parkinson is a dinosaur let him go & ruin someone else's club
Ruin someone else's club? I infer from that that you think he's ruined our club then? How exactly has he ruined us?

By managing us for 2 1/2 years in the most extraordinary circumstances (payers not being paid, several threats of administration, fervert cost cutting, any assets we have being sold from beneath him, no transfer budget for most of his tenure, constant winding up orders, etc etc etc), all whilst getting us promoted to the Championship and (so far) keeping us there?????

Thats not the definition of "ruin" that I understand, but maybe I'm wrong.....

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:20 pm

This 100%....Parkinson moans that he's had no money to spend, then when he gets some money puts the 2 players that he's been allowed to sign for money on the bench....both who are strikers when we can't score a goal for toffee.

Sums up Parkinson completely....utterly clueless.
Do we know these strikers were Parky's choice? How do we not know that they were signed by KA/LA without Parky's approval? If they were, and they are not good enough, then they should be on the bench.

Again, the usual suspects would soon be on here complaining that he is playing sub-standard players every week if he did.....

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:43 pm

That Signing was a weird one.

Seems the majority want Parkinson out but who will replace him and who would get anything better from a bunch of players who lack quality? Parkinson's hands are tied tightly and has to work with what he's got whether we like it or not.

Today was better but we lacked any quality other than Amiobi who did look a class above anything we had. Donaldson worked hard but his lack of quality showed, as did most. As for their goal! I heard we couldn't have done nothing about that? rubbish, not one defender went to that player which allowed him to shoot.

We will probably go down the way things are going but, if changing the manager will do anything , only time would tell.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Yes lets carry on as we are....its clearly working
No. Its absolutely not working. I wholeheartedly agree with you on this.

But - a change has as much chance of making us worse than it has of making us better, so it needs to be done in a measured way. If there's no one out there willing or able to take us forward, then we can't just change it for the sake of it? For all we know KA could be scouring the market for potential successors and there just might not be any, so he has no choice but to stick with what we have...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:56 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:47 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Yes lets carry on as we are....its clearly working
No. Its absolutely not working. I wholeheartedly agree with you on this.

But - a change has as much chance of making us worse than it has of making us better, so it needs to be done in a measured way. If there's no one out there willing or able to take us forward, then we can't just change it for the sake of it? For all we know KA could be scouring the market for potential successors and there just might not be any, so he has no choice but to stick with what we have...
How can it possibly be any worse, surely I don't need to state the stats over the last 13 games ?

He's so uninspiring & boring he makes Phil Neal sound like Mourinho

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Anyway, that McBurnie's a cracking player.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:31 pm

First time we have lost 4 home games on the bounce without scoring. Congratulations lads, yet another record you have given us the pleaseure of witnessing in the past few years.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:33 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:41 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:20 pm

This 100%....Parkinson moans that he's had no money to spend, then when he gets some money puts the 2 players that he's been allowed to sign for money on the bench....both who are strikers when we can't score a goal for toffee.

Sums up Parkinson completely....utterly clueless.
Do we know these strikers were Parky's choice? How do we not know that they were signed by KA/LA without Parky's approval? If they were, and they are not good enough, then they should be on the bench.

Again, the usual suspects would soon be on here complaining that he is playing sub-standard players every week if he did.....
Parky said doidge was his first choice I think, after we signed him.

First choice within budget I suspect.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:46 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:29 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:59 pm
dave the minion wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:02 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:22 pm
We were fxcking domed as soon as Parsimonious Ken didn't sack Incapability Parkinson...
As you keep saying, but I still haven't heard a viable suggestion for the saviour who would step in and turn us round?
'scuse fxckin' me? My dog fr'instance! Or your sister, whether you've got one or not, or the squirrel that just shot out of a tree when that latest firework went off. In other words any cxnt but Parkinson.
This is the problem though isn't it? Results are shocking - fact. (some) fans want change - but not one of these people has come up with a viable alternative. Its fine to want change, but you need to know what you're changing to - surely? I'm a massive fan of Parky's and genuinely think he is the right man to either keep us up or get us back up, but after our recent run I wouldn't be too surprised or downhearted if he went. However, what I absolutely wouldn't agree with is the suggestion that anyone is better - that's just ridiculous knee-jerk-ism (I know, not a real word).

If there's a better manager out there who can improve us in the situation we are in then bring him/her on. But so far nothing better has been suggested, so surely we need to get behind who we still have at the helm.....
Mick 'fxckin mick' McCarthy; whichever Norwegian is in in charge of the third placed Norwegian team in Norway's second league; David Lee; Simon Grayson; the squirrel which I suggested the other day, who seems like an SAS ninja type to have overcome the firework assault and battery on his home.

That's five for you without having to break sweat. Sack Parkinson, he is useless. Bollocks about nothing better, there ain't many worse... I can foresee for example that you wouldn't be the right choice, but I'd still interview your sister...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:46 pm
dave the minion wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:29 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:59 pm
dave the minion wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:02 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:22 pm
We were fxcking domed as soon as Parsimonious Ken didn't sack Incapability Parkinson...
As you keep saying, but I still haven't heard a viable suggestion for the saviour who would step in and turn us round?
'scuse fxckin' me? My dog fr'instance! Or your sister, whether you've got one or not, or the squirrel that just shot out of a tree when that latest firework went off. In other words any cxnt but Parkinson.
This is the problem though isn't it? Results are shocking - fact. (some) fans want change - but not one of these people has come up with a viable alternative. Its fine to want change, but you need to know what you're changing to - surely? I'm a massive fan of Parky's and genuinely think he is the right man to either keep us up or get us back up, but after our recent run I wouldn't be too surprised or downhearted if he went. However, what I absolutely wouldn't agree with is the suggestion that anyone is better - that's just ridiculous knee-jerk-ism (I know, not a real word).

If there's a better manager out there who can improve us in the situation we are in then bring him/her on. But so far nothing better has been suggested, so surely we need to get behind who we still have at the helm.....
Mick 'fxckin mick' McCarthy; whichever Norwegian is in in charge of the third placed Norwegian team in Norway's second league; David Lee; Simon Grayson; the squirrel which I suggested the other day, who seems like an SAS ninja type to have overcome the firework assault and battery on his home.

That's five for you without having to break sweat. Sack Parkinson, he is useless. Bollocks about nothing better, there ain't many worse... I can foresee for example that you wouldn't be the right choice, but I'd still interview your sister...
You say there ‘ain’t many worse’ which clearly is nonsense. McCarthy and Parky have remarkably similar win percentages as managers. Hard to dislike Big Mick and he’d be my choice but is he much different to Parky? I struggle to see it.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:11 pm

If Mick McCarthy would come here, I would definitely be all for it. To me McCarthy is the Championship version of Parky as a L1 manager. He knows the league and is effective at getting results on a budget.

The problem however is KA. McCarthy or anyone else would be mad to come here with players morale at risk due to late payment of wages, when there is always the looming threat of administration, when any player who excels over the next few weeks will be sold in January. I really wish KA would take the view that this is the optimal time for him to sell up and get rid asap.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:12 pm

Let's not lose sight of the fact he has done a fantastic job... But it's clearly as well as he can do. We are 100% going down with him in charge, but some freshness may just give us the bounce we need. It probably won't.. but it COULD
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:24 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:12 pm
Let's not lose sight of the fact he has done a fantastic job... But it's clearly as well as he can do. We are 100% going down with him in charge, but some freshness may just give us the bounce we need. It probably won't.. but it COULD
Trouble is usually it either changes nothing or things get worse. Which is why statistically clubs are changing managers so often.

Our own history also points to this.

Normally you take the risk and hope as you say. When you can't pay the bills though and aren't sure you will attract the right quality of applicant...I'm still not sure.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:43 pm

you can't resign yourself BWFCI - There's hope yet

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Some time the change will bring motivation to the player to prove them selves to the new manager , I hope Mr Ken have the balls to do it and show him the door and bring a good manager like Mick McCarthy or Appleton or try different and new things and bring Kevin Nolan and Kevin Davies and campo , make Nolan the manager and Kevin Davies and campo his assistant , they are all love Bolton and will do anything to prove they can do it , or give David Lee a chance maybe he can teach first team how to play ball on ground like he did with under23 and achieve a fantastic result .

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:02 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:11 pm
If Mick McCarthy would come here, I would definitely be all for it. To me McCarthy is the Championship version of Parky as a L1 manager. He knows the league and is effective at getting results on a budget.

The problem however is KA. McCarthy or anyone else would be mad to come here with players morale at risk due to late payment of wages, when there is always the looming threat of administration, when any player who excels over the next few weeks will be sold in January. I really wish KA would take the view that this is the optimal time for him to sell up and get rid asap.
If McCarthy is what we're looking for, we might aswell keep Parkinson

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:02 pm

elhadj wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:46 pm
Some time the change will bring motivation to the player to prove them selves to the new manager , I hope Mr Ken have the balls to do it and show him the door and bring a good manager like Mick McCarthy or Appleton or try different and new things and bring Kevin Nolan and Kevin Davies and campo , make Nolan the manager and Kevin Davies and campo his assistant , they are all love Bolton and will do anything to prove they can do it , or give David Lee a chance maybe he can teach first team how to play ball on ground like he did with under23 and achieve a fantastic result .
Appleton? When the going gets tough, he gets angry and fights the players

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:26 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:02 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:11 pm

If McCarthy is what we're looking for, we might aswell keep Parkinson
I disagree.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:48 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:24 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Trouble is usually it either changes nothing or things get worse. Which is why statistically clubs are changing managers so often.

Normally you take the risk and hope as you say. When you can't pay the bills though and aren't sure you will attract the right quality of applicant...I'm still not sure.

Which of Lee, Megson, Coyle, Freedman and Lennon do you think we'd have been better off sticking with?

Our own history suggests that if we sack Parky, we'll stay up. Other than Lennon to Phillips (when we were already effectively relegated), our history of sacking managers is excellent. Big Sam and Rioch left of their own volition, so how far would you have to go back to find a time where we potted a manager, and the new man didn't improve us in the short term? The mid-80s?

Longer term, I think it's hard to argue that our general decline is down to a high turnover of managers, not the arse falling out of the bottom of the club.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:14 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:48 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:24 pm
boltonboris wrote:

Which of Lee, Megson, Coyle, Freedman and Lennon do you think we'd have been better off sticking with?

Our own history suggests that if we sack Parky, we'll stay up. Other than Lennon to Phillips (when we were already effectively relegated), our history of sacking managers is excellent. Big Sam and Rioch left of their own volition, so how far would you have to go back to find a time where we potted a manager, and the new man didn't improve us in the short term? The mid-80s?

Longer term, I think it's hard to argue that our general decline is down to a high turnover of managers, not the arse falling out of the bottom of the club.
None of those managers build sides that came close to prompting a pitch invasion. Let alone two.

But one could argue if we could do it all again we might have been better off letting Lee rebuild from the championship, without wasting the millions trying to stay up year on year. Would we log term have been worse off? I doubt it. Probably better off in some ways.