A welcome on the hillside......V Swansea at home, Sat 10-11-18 , 3-o'clock.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: A welcome on the hillside......V Swansea at home, Sat 10-11-18 , 3-o'clock.

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Bolton Wanderers have lost four consecutive home league matches without scoring a goal for the first time in their history.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:59 pm
dave the minion wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:02 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:22 pm
We were fxcking domed as soon as Parsimonious Ken didn't sack Incapability Parkinson...
As you keep saying, but I still haven't heard a viable suggestion for the saviour who would step in and turn us round?
'scuse fxckin' me? My dog fr'instance! Or your sister, whether you've got one or not, or the squirrel that just shot out of a tree when that latest firework went off. In other words any cxnt but Parkinson.

If you think we lost today because of Parky, I can only assume that your seat faces the rear of the stand.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:22 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:20 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
We were fxcking domed as soon as Parsimonious Ken didn't sack Incapability Parkinson...
As you keep saying, but I still haven't heard a viable suggestion for the saviour who would step in and turn us round?
'scuse fxckin' me? My dog fr'instance! Or your sister, whether you've got one or not, or the squirrel that just shot out of a tree when that latest firework went off. In other words any cxnt but Parkinson.

If you think we lost today because of Parky, I can only assume that your seat faces the rear of the stand.
WTF....are you for real ?....who's fault was it then the fans ?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:26 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

How many of todays team did Parkinson sign ?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:28 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:10 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Give David Lee a crack. We're going down anyways.
Said it last season when we were going down, but if we were going to change - and I'm still not sure yet - then I'd say the best bet for either staying up or coming back up might be Simon Grayson. I'm sure folk will be along to boo but I've not seen any other suggestion worth changing for.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:26 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Most of them, from the bargain basket where he's been asked to shop.

We had the chances to win. He didn't ask Ameobi to put it wide from five yards out, or Donaldson to take a horendous touch when clean through, or Oztumer to miss when he had a free shot on the edge of the D. We might previously have lost matches because of Parky but today wasn't one of them.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Much better on the ball today but, can't score goals and do not look like doing so. Still clueless in that last third. Going down like a lead balloon unless Parkinson can work another minor miracle.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:44 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:39 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

We had the chances to win. He didn't ask Ameobi to put it wide from five yards out, or Donaldson to take a horendous touch when clean through, or Oztumer to miss when he had a free shot on the edge of the D. We might previously have lost matches because of Parky but today wasn't one of them.
Groundhog day....how old are you 10 ?, the buck stops with the manager....Parkinson is a dinosaur let him go & ruin someone else's club

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:46 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

He didn't react to the change in shape by Swansea which nullified our threat from the 15 mins we were on top in the second half.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:44 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Groundhog day....

The irony!

I don't disagree with you that he hasn't got the best out of us recently. We did well today though.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:52 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:46 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

He didn't react to the change in shape by Swansea which nullified our threat from the 15 mins we were on top in the second half.

He brought Taylor off for Doidge and went with two upfront.

Regardless, we had the chances to get something today. That we didn't was down to the players.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:01 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:52 pm
DJBlu wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

M

Regardless, we had the chances to get something today. That we didn't was down to the players.
We were on top in the second half and Graham Potter brought on Olsson for McKay in the 62nd to add more to their defence as we were getting success down the right. His reaction to this change was Noone on for Buckley and Magennis for Donaldson, like for like in the 67th. In the 81st Minute out of desperation Doidge was brought on in sacrifice for our left back.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:10 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:01 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

M

We were on top in the second half and Graham Potter brought on Olsson for McKay in the 62nd to add more to their defence as we were getting success down the right. His reaction to this change was Noone on for Buckley and Magennis for Donaldson, like for like in the 67th. In the 81st Minute out of desperation Doidge was brought on in sacrifice for our left back.

Again, we had the chances to get something. It wasn't Parky's fault that we missed them.

I won't argue if we make a change. When we're losing without scoring it can't really be any worse. But we didn't lose because of the manager today.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:11 pm

The only thing that can save us now is if Ken puts his hand in his pocket and brings back Madine, Le Fondre and Wilbraham!

Lol

Honestly, though, I think it's a bizarre situation when we haven't had a pot to piss in for 3 years, only to then blow a million quid on a striker who gets 9 minutes here and 9 minutes there. If we're spending a million quid on a striker, he has to be the main man.

As it is, the worry is real that we've blown all our budget on a panic buy (how can it be anything else when PP clearly doesn't trust him?) and now won't be able to buy some extra fire power in January.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:16 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:10 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:01 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

M

Again, we had the chances to get something. It wasn't Parky's fault that we missed them.

I won't argue if we make a change. When we're losing without scoring it can't really be any worse. But we didn't lose because of the manager today.
I agree with you that the players missed the chances but we were on top could have scored had it continued, the confidence was quite high at that point. It dwindled into nothing after that substitution.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:11 pm
The only thing that can save us now is if Ken puts his hand in his pocket and brings back Madine, Le Fondre and Wilbraham!

Lol

Honestly, though, I think it's a bizarre situation when we haven't had a pot to piss in for 3 years, only to then blow a million quid on a striker who gets 9 minutes here and 9 minutes there. If we're spending a million quid on a striker, he has to be the main man.

As it is, the worry is real that we've blown all our budget on a panic buy (how can it be anything else when PP clearly doesn't trust him?) and now won't be able to buy some extra fire power in January.
This 100%....Parkinson moans that he's had no money to spend, then when he gets some money puts the 2 players that he's been allowed to sign for money on the bench....both who are strikers when we can't score a goal for toffee.

Sums up Parkinson completely....utterly clueless.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Look, spending a fee on Doidge was odd. How many step up right away from league 2? But as Iles always points out, pretending it’s a million quid is silly. It’s nothing like it. Might be a million quid if he scores the winner in the champions league for us.

But we are not in a position where we should have spent money at all on an unproven league 2 27 year old, especially if he wasn’t seen as first choice immediately.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
This is the problem though isn't it? Results are shocking - fact. (some) fans want change - but not one of these people has come up with a viable alternative. Its fine to want change, but you need to know what you're changing to - surely? I'm a massive fan of Parky's and genuinely think he is the right man to either keep us up or get us back up, but after our recent run I wouldn't be too surprised or downhearted if he went. However, what I absolutely wouldn't agree with is the suggestion that anyone is better - that's just ridiculous knee-jerk-ism (I know, not a real word).

If there's a better manager out there who can improve us in the situation we are in then bring him/her on. But so far nothing better has been suggested, so surely we need to get behind who we still have at the helm.....
Last edited by dave the minion on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:33 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Give David Lee a crack. We're going down anyways.

Maybe this would work. But if we tried it and it failed miserably (think Jimmy P a couple of seasons back...), how long before the same people are on here complaining that Ken got rid of an established manager for a newbie who wasn't up to it and basically threw our season away?

Ken's not blessed with the resources of the options to have his pick of managers. He either sticks or he twists, but - as I've said in other posts - he might wish to twist, but this has every chance of blowing up in his face.

I still would like to see the list (which clearly doesn't exist) of available, affordable & willing managers who will improve our current situation......

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:34 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:29 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
dave the minion wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
This is the problem though isn't it? Results are shocking - fact. (some) fans want change - but not one of these people has come up with a viable alternative. Its fine to want change, but you need to know what you're changing to - surely? I'm a massive fan of Parky's and genuinely think he is the right man to either keep us up or get us back up, but after our recent run I wouldn't be too surprised or downhearted. However, what I absolutely wouldn't agree with is the suggestion that anyone is better - that's just ridiculous knee-jerk-ism (I know, not a real word).

If there's a better manager out there who can improve us in the situation we are in then bring him/her on. But so far nothing better has been suggested, so surely we need to get behind who we still have at the helm.....
Yes lets carry on as we are....its clearly working