Den is the menace: Millwall (a), 3pm Sat 24 Nov 2018

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Den is the menace: Millwall (a), 3pm Sat 24 Nov 2018

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Well, how near can we get to winning one? Three mins added and....they come and Wallace again and....they get it in the net (mic man screaming like a banshee) but it's offsie..or summat. And we talk of Gin and Beer, then Romeo sallies, Noone clears, they are doing all the pressing and that shouldn't be. We clear back to them and......Donalson, Noone and.....he skies it over the barr. 1-1 and that's it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:00 pm

How come a draw that feels like a loss feels worse than an actual loss?

Pig sick.
Businesswoman of the year.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:02 pm

That pass by Williams at the end just typifies us to a tee. The easy pass out wide to pull out the defence yet drives in the middle and either blazes wide or passes into the area where all the defenders are.

feck I hate this football club at the minute.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Yep, sickener. But we didn't lose, for once.

As usual, the cry will be why did we defend for so long? Didn't hear that much when we got wins like this (nearly was) in the promotion season, or against West Brom, Reading and Derby earlier in the season. It doesn't work all the time, but it might work enough. I'm heartened to hear we played well in the first half and hopeful we can at some point kill a game off.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:03 pm

As usual, the cry will be why did we defend for so long? Didn't hear that much when we got wins like this (nearly was) in the promotion season, or against West Brom, Reading and Derby earlier in the season. It doesn't work all the time, but it might work enough. I'm heartened to hear we played well in the first half and hopeful we can at some point kill a game off.
You say we didn't lose, for once: I'd say I understand from an actual linguistic sense that you are correct. But, now being beneath Millwall, with them above us, and the cut off interval happening to be the proverbial 'dotted line', I think we can safely can the notion that we didn't lose.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:13 pm

It was working in the first half because we had the personnel. Megennis going off to be replaced by a man who cannot play the target role was a massive game changer. That game was as cliché as you are ever going to see.

We were on top in the 1st half and had the referee been on the ball we'd have at least gone in 2 up. 2nd half, sat back all half and conceded.

Noone on for Buckley was a poor decision. They had 8 in our half at times. If he's going to give those out of favour a chance then stick Wildschut on and get their defenders running.

Maybe Vela on for Williams. The lad runs the same but has an attacking brain.

I'm so angry at that result it's unreal. Just wish the negative bastard would feel the same as we do and go for it when we are on top.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:17 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:13 pm

It was working in the first half because we had the personnel. Megennis going off to be replaced by a man who cannot play the target role was a massive game changer. That game was as cliché as you are ever going to see.

We were on top in the 1st half and had the referee been on the ball we'd have at least gone in 2 up. 2nd half, sat back all half and conceded.

Noone on for Buckley was a poor decision. They had 8 in our half at times. If he's going to give those out of favour a chance then stick Wildschut on and get their defenders running.

Maybe Vela on for Williams. The lad runs the same but has an attacking brain.

I'm so angry at that result it's unreal. Just wish the negative bastard would feel the same as we do and go for it when we are on top.
'the negative bastard' being Parkinson, I presume. Welcome to the club. A little late in the day, but welcome nevertheless.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:18 pm

The clock is well and truly ticking for PP

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:18 pm
Unfortunately, it isn't. KA won't sack him, because then he'd have to splash some wedge, which he won't do.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:10 pm

You say we didn't lose, for once: I'd say I understand from an actual linguistic sense that you are correct. But, now being beneath Millwall, with them above us, and the cut off interval happening to be the proverbial 'dotted line', I think we can safely can the notion that we didn't lose.
I see where you're coming from. I mean, you make little attempt to hide it... :D

We lost a lead, but we didn't lose the game. That's not linguistics, it's fact. Our points total is higher than this morning. I fully agree that it should have been higher still, and I would fight to defend your right to an opinion, but it's simply a fact that we didn't lose.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Unfortunately, it isn't. KA won't sack him, because then he'd have to splash some wedge, which he won't do.
Maybe, as unless you are telling me i've missed the news of a take over from a saudi oil sheik willing to staff millions on us, `i don't think we have the luxury of having enough cash to waste on discretionary sackings.

Or maybe even he won't sack him cos there isn't a viable, willing and able successor anywhere....

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:18 pm
I get what youre saying. But I reckon it’s all gonna come to a head eventually. This can’t continue

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:25 pm

Having only seen the FT score I am predicting a decent first half performance with us going 1 up, then slipping ever deeper in the second half. The inevitable equaliser arriving and us clinging on to be grateful for a point.
Am I far off?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:26 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:25 pm
Having only seen the FT score I am predicting a decent first half performance with us going 1 up, then slipping ever deeper in the second half. The inevitable equaliser arriving and us clinging on to be grateful for a point.
Am I far off?
Could you give me 6 numbers between 1 and 50 please.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:26 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:13 pm

With respect, that's a hindsight suggestion. After brief promise in August, Wildschut has not been the answer to any question except WTF. Bringing him on to help us grind out a result would have seemed insane.

Vela for Williams, maybe, although I'm still unconvinced Vela isn't a third-tier player. I suspect you're holding Williams's non-pass against him, and quite right too. Fresh legs might have helped though.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:27 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:26 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Am I far off?
Ha, if the lottery were as predictable as Bolton we'd all be millionaires!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:46 pm

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Maybe, as unless you are telling me i've missed the news of a take over from a saudi oil sheik willing to staff millions on us, `i don't think we have the luxury of having enough cash to waste on discretionary sackings.

Or maybe even he won't sack him cos there isn't a viable, willing and able successor anywhere....
So. Basically you are agreeing with me. But you're not agreeing with me. How weird life is.!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

maybe?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:27 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:26 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Am I far off?
Ha, if the lottery were as predictable as Bolton we'd all be millionaires!
That’s the problem though innit! We need a second goal but are scared to score one!

To be fair I was surprised we got a point.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Now here's the thing: I thought it was a well-deserved point away to a team that is about our level. Disappointing to concede late on, but can't complain overall. Their keeper had to make three or four decent saves to keep them in it. I wouldn't be sacking the manager on that performance. I think the subs were enforced due to injuries?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!