More meat, less gristle. Away at Sheffield Chews'day 27 Nov 1945.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: More meat, less gristle. Away at Sheffield Chews'day 27 Nov 1945.

Post by Martin_Cruise » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:54 am

elhadj wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 am
Some times I think that the administration maybe good for us when I see a f****g coward like Ken don,t want to put a penny in a club we all here for because we love Bolton it is make us like a family but he doesn't care about it even when we are going to administration who helped and saved us Eddie Davies not Ken Anderson , look Ken make a good job financially for Bolton but this is not enough you need to make a big decision like change the manager , not support him till some magic happen . We need a change .
I have read a few times that administration wouldnt be a terrible thing for Anderson, perhaps he could make some money from it.
If we did go into administration would the end result be that Anderson would remain owner with the debts wiped out, but the football side screwed for a few years due to points deductions and a transfer embargo

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:59 am

Martin_Cruise wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:54 am
elhadj wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:09 am
Some times I think that the administration maybe good for us when I see a f****g coward like Ken don,t want to put a penny in a club we all here for because we love Bolton it is make us like a family but he doesn't care about it even when we are going to administration who helped and saved us Eddie Davies not Ken Anderson , look Ken make a good job financially for Bolton but this is not enough you need to make a big decision like change the manager , not support him till some magic happen . We need a change .
I have read a few times that administration wouldnt be a terrible thing for Anderson, perhaps he could make some money from it.
If we did go into administration would the end result be that Anderson would remain owner with the debts wiped out, but the football side screwed for a few years due to points deductions and a transfer embargo
People misunderstand admin. It isn't "just go through a process and wipe off your debts". The administrator has a duty to pay many debts off as possible whilst ultimately trying to resurrect the business as a going concern. They can pay off outstanding money through asset sales and/or ultimately selling the whole business.

Anderson doesn't benefit from it because he loses his main asset - the football club/hotel/burnden leisure business. And would have to spend money to buy it in administration. Money he's not spending now.

The argument has always been that in admin it would allow for a "real owner" to step in, one who has the means to invest. The inference being that ED and KA were both too difficult to deal with for anyone to buy the club. However, I'd argue that any potential owner who is only prepared to buy once in admin has a big question mark over their head to start with.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:19 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:12 pm
Jugs wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:49 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 pm
Not for the first time, we've let a team who were no better than us, if not arguably worse, leave with the points. The effort's still there, but we can't win on effort alone. Tragic. Really, really tragic.
Whether you meant it or not, your phrasing is instructive. We did let them. We're too submissive, too weak until it's too late. That's the problem.

No, I meant it. We've let them because, despite all the good we did in stopping them from playing and then spending periods in possession further upfield, we didn't have the quality to create anything. We're set up fairly well and rarely get turned over as a result but if we can't hit the back of the net then clearly all that counts for naught. It's not really a matter of mentality as much as it is ability, and we're just shit.

He's not perfect and he makes mistakes but we have bigger problems than the manager. We've been masquerading as a second-tier outfit for a season and a half and now that the general standard of the league has risen we're being found out for the frauds that we are. We need a proper owner who can financially back us, or one who can at least financially maintain us, and quick. Without one, well get relegated soon enough no matter who's sat in the dugout.
It's both for me. We rarely approach a game with a winning mentality. It's a problem, especially at home.

Wednesday were there for the taking last night - I think PP has even admitted that himself. It wasn't a question of ability in the first half, it was a question of mindset and desire. We simply weren't prepared to go at them.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:33 pm

Looking at the scores tonight and there are more goals at villa park than we will likely see all season 😳

No wonder complete apathy has set in. It’s shit and dull supporting Bolton!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:18 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:33 pm
Looking at the scores tonight and there are more goals at villa park than we will likely see all season 😳 No wonder complete apathy has set in. It’s shit and dull supporting Bolton
Maybe the problem is we're so afraid of losing we've forgotten how to win? We spend large parts of most games in our own half relying on long-ball wallops sticking to one of the few white shirts forward, and then there's no support. We're always chanting the "fortress" mandate; we've been doing it for years; bows and arrows and boiling oil off the ramparts to keep the enemy out, but we never let the drawbridge down and charge forth in numbers. The rewards for 1-0 or 5-0 are just the same three points and you don't go backwards if you lose, just not forwards. When we do get within site of the enemy gates we throw mud pies and call them names instead of going for the jugular.

It isn't a sin to win lads, nobody dies win or lose. Let's try the winning bit for a change. Are you listening Parky?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:34 pm

^ I said as much the other night watching the highlights of Rotherham and QPR. They were both getting the ball wide and had 4 or 5 players charging into the box trying to get on the end of it. In addition their midfielders were shooting from outside the box with strikers running in looking for a rebound.

It was depressing to compare it to our pedestrian play which basically consists of "Sammi, please do something special" rather than any build up or approach play
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:51 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:34 pm
^ I said as much the other night watching the highlights of Rotherham and QPR. They were both getting the ball wide and had 4 or 5 players charging into the box trying to get on the end of it. In addition their midfielders were shooting from outside the box with strikers running in looking for a rebound.

It was depressing to compare it to our pedestrian play which basically consists of "Sammi, please do something special" rather than any build up or approach play
It starts with Alnwick, who takes an eternity to take a goal kick when the score is 0-0. Which, I assume, is PP's orders.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Aye. Stats can be reductive but I had a quick look at how many shots the other drop-dodgers had in midweek. Spoiler: it was more than us. And many of them were playing much better teams than our opponents.

At that point I was glad that I got too busy to continue my investigations.