A life of Pie.....Home to Wigan 1-12-18.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

A life of Pie.....Home to Wigan 1-12-18.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:35 pm

We might hope the visitors have lived up to their nicknames and scoffed a few ton of the famous pies, but best not to rely on it. I reckon "Pie are squared" off for battle, well "Cooked" and looking trim round the circumference. I'll still wave the flag and say, a win and who cares how.. :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Re: A life of Pie.....Home to Wigan 1-12-18.

Post by Athertonian » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:36 pm

Not looking forward to this one. I have too many Latics pals and I'm gonna get ribbed Sat night.

After watching that debacle on Tuesday I cannot see Wanderers scoring nor keeping a clean sheet.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:37 pm

Not looking forward to this one. I have too many Latics pals and I'm gonna get ribbed Sat night.

After watching that debacle on Tuesday I cannot see Wanderers scoring nor keeping a clean sheet.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:50 pm

3-0 to the Wanderers - Donaldson gets a hat-trick - pass me my pills Nursey
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:17 pm

I keep thinking something must change. Lack of creativity and attacking intent = lack of goals though.

Tough to call 1-0, 0-0 or 0-1
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:53 pm

Just to add to the ‘excitement’ players and staff been told they won’t be paid on time this month.

Super.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:37 pm

Are you sure? Kenny didn't mention it in his latest piece. I'm sure he would have if it was true. https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/novemb ... chairman3/
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:08 pm

Said this before on a couple of occasions now - forget the players for a moment -we've got a multi millionaire owner who can't be bothered paying his minimum wage earning staff on time..... WHAT A c*nt
I hate that man.... for this reason and many others
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:29 pm

There is no excuse for paying staff and players late, again. All the hallmarks of the last time we went down, just with less pratley.

I think it’s brewing to a head here. 0-4 and utter vitriol raining down from the 10,000 or so on (or 5,000 who see it out).

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:39 pm

Tickets seem to be selling well at least.

0-3 to Wigan.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:41 pm

If we do lose, at home in a derby to a team many of us old gits still see as non-league, I think Parky’s relatively gentle ride from the somewhat silent majority will come to a juddering halt.

I hope that doesn’t happen for many reasons, but mainly because I hate Wigan. No, actually, mainly because I love Bolton and I hate to see my club on the slide. Foreign interest disappearing (if it ever even existed), chairman mistrusted, team flaccid, manager deflated.

Mind, beating Wigan would be a tonic.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:11 am

^ Wise words DSB. The non league comment brought a smile too! :D

I wonder though if last night's news will at least save Parky from the vitriol for a bit longer? Another tedious performance ending in defeat is one thing. From players who haven't been paid (again) is another. Personally, all this latest news has done has increased my apathy.

I've no idea how football payments, TV rights etc are paid, whether they're staggered or not? Cash flow problems in November doesn't seem to bode well for March, April time :(
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:17 am

Paul Cook will surely be planning to get his midfielders and full backs making as many runs from deep to support his attacking players at the start of the game. He will know, as anybody does, that we are zero threat, and once the opposition goes 1-0 in front we don't have any way to get back into the game.

I guess we just have to hope we get through the first 30mins and fluke a goal from somewhere later in the game and hope it is enough.

I want to be optimistic, but am preparing to make a blackadderesque note in my diary.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:23 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:11 am

I wonder though if last night's news will at least save Parky from the vitriol for a bit longer? Another tedious performance ending in defeat is one thing. From players who haven't been paid (again) is another. Personally, all this latest news has done has increased my apathy.

I've no idea how football payments, TV rights etc are paid, whether they're staggered or not? Cash flow problems in November doesn't seem to bode well for March, April time :(
Very hard to see how we don't go into admin. This news being public in November kills the one shot we had of getting through this season, selling someone for decent money in January. That wasn't looking likely anyway given the run we are on. Now any potential suitors for Olkowski or Ameobi will become vultures. Bollocks.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:27 am

Wigan have lost there last 7 away games - so we all know what will happen, at least 2-0 Wigan.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:57 am

International break and lack of home games might be partly to blame for cash flow? I think there is a DD season ticket payment due as well.

Hand to mouth stuff though isn’t it again.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:29 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:57 am
International break and lack of home games might be partly to blame for cash flow? I think there is a DD season ticket payment due as well. Hand to mouth stuff though isn’t it again.
How much is cash flow worth in terms of goals scored? The main focus of it all is football because without that there'll be no fans and no cash to flow. K.A obviously sees the order of priority a bit diferent to the fans. Maybe he'll wake up in time to see his investmenrt (in which he seems to not have invested anything) not being the easy ride to riches he envisaged when becoming a football club owner. Our proud club is now an object of derision as a football team and once we really hit the slide it could soon be us that are non-league. Imagine being remembered as being responsible for that.

I'd love to think K.A is just being cautious and not selling the club off to any old shyster money grabber, and that he really cares about Bolton Wanderers....but it's hard right now.

p.s. This should really be in the K.A.thread, so apologies for that.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:01 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:23 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:11 am

Very hard to see how we don't go into admin. This news being public in November kills the one shot we had of getting through this season, selling someone for decent money in January. That wasn't looking likely anyway given the run we are on. Now any potential suitors for Olkowski or Ameobi will become vultures. Bollocks.
Honestly doubt anyone will want any of our players

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:29 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:57 am
International break and lack of home games might be partly to blame for cash flow? I think there is a DD season ticket payment due as well. Hand to mouth stuff though isn’t it again.
How much is cash flow worth in terms of goals scored? The main focus of it all is football because without that there'll be no fans and no cash to flow. K.A obviously sees the order of priority a bit diferent to the fans. Maybe he'll wake up in time to see his investmenrt (in which he seems to not have invested anything) not being the easy ride to riches he envisaged when becoming a football club owner. Our proud club is now an object of derision as a football team and once we really hit the slide it could soon be us that are non-league. Imagine being remembered as being responsible for that.

I'd love to think K.A is just being cautious and not selling the club off to any old shyster money grabber, and that he really cares about Bolton Wanderers....but it's hard right now.

p.s. This should really be in the K.A.thread, so apologies for that.
The man is a complete liar that no one wants to do business with.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Ideal game prep...conference call between players and Anderson (who will no doubt be in Monaco!) on the pay situation today. Be loud, be proud, lads!