"Leeds kindly light....V Leeds at home 3-0'clock Sat 15-12-2018

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:37 pm

Re: "Leeds kindly light....V Leeds at home 3-0'clock Sat 15-12-2018

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:49 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:38 pm
Madine was very good in his last 5 months with the club. Magennis i think has marginally more pace and wins just as much in the air. However, unlike in Madines golden spell, Josh doesnt hold it up as well. He also suffers because he doesnt have the nippy options of Alf, Robinson or Vela (often) to lay off to.
I disagree. He wasn't "Very Good". What he was, was the only focus of a dire attack in a shit team. Yes, he scored ten goals, but we also shipped points during that 'renaissance'. He was a Very Mediocre big lump who got quite lucky to get snapped up at a Very Inflated price. Which chump, anywhere on the planet, would still lay out six million quid for him, right now?

Come on. There's sticking to a point of view and then there's just covering your eyes and willfully ignoring what's in front of you.

Gary Madine isn't very good. He wasn't very good before last season, and he hasn't been very good since. But you can't argue that he wasn't playing well before he moved to Cardiff. He was involved in 16 goals by the end of January (10 goals, 6 assists). It's currently mid-December and we've scored 15 total this year.

Sometimes players just have a purple patch, where everything they touch comes off. Michael Ricketts had his, that was Gary Madine's. He even scored a direct free-kick ffs.

Anyway, if the past two years have taught us anything, he'll be back here on loan soon. After we sell Ameobi and Ben Alnwick.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3520
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: "Leeds kindly light....V Leeds at home 3-0'clock Sat 15-12-2018

Post by malcd1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:54 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:31 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:49 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:38 pm
Madine was very good in his last 5 months with the club. Magennis i think has marginally more pace and wins just as much in the air. However, unlike in Madines golden spell, Josh doesnt hold it up as well. He also suffers because he doesnt have the nippy options of Alf, Robinson or Vela (often) to lay off to.
I disagree. He wasn't "Very Good". What he was, was the only focus of a dire attack in a shit team. Yes, he scored ten goals, but we also shipped points during that 'renaissance'. He was a Very Mediocre big lump who got quite lucky to get snapped up at a Very Inflated price. Which chump, anywhere on the planet, would still lay out six million quid for him, right now?

Come on. There's sticking to a point of view and then there's just covering your eyes and willfully ignoring what's in front of you.

Gary Madine isn't very good. He wasn't very good before last season, and he hasn't been very good since. But you can't argue that he wasn't playing well before he moved to Cardiff. He was involved in 16 goals by the end of January (10 goals, 6 assists). It's currently mid-December and we've scored 15 total this year.

Sometimes players just have a purple patch, where everything they touch comes off. Michael Ricketts had his, that was Gary Madine's. He even scored a direct free-kick ffs.

Anyway, if the past two years have taught us anything, he'll be back here on loan soon. After we sell Ameobi and Ben Alnwick.

Apparently, Wigan are after loaning him. Groundhog Day?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16787
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: "Leeds kindly light....V Leeds at home 3-0'clock Sat 15-12-2018

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:23 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:16 pm
Happy Christmas, might not be around for a week or two.
All the best Spotty, and to all other TW folk. We may not always agree, but I'm glad we're here (and there's a club to argue to about). Here's to a better 2019.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests