Do you bee-lieve in Father Christmas? Brentford (A) 3:00pm, Saturday, 22 December

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Do you bee-lieve in Father Christmas? Brentford (A) 3:00pm, Saturday, 22 December

Post by Hoboh » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:21 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:58 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:50 pm
How has he managed to stay in charge?

1 win in 19 is absolutely disgusting.
It is disgusting and only at BWFC could such a useless & incompetent manager still be in a job after 1 win in 19 games, but basically its because the likes of yourself, BWFCI & others who have continually backed him....

Its been obvious to some for a long time that he's an absolute joke of a manager, clueless, the most boring, negative manager in football.... without an attacking, creative bone in his body - but the ones who have backed him because he's a nice man need to take a serious look at themselves because you are the ones who have kept the useless cnut in a job.
Same thing happen many times over previous managers PT, usual cries, give them a chance, need more backing, doing the best under the circumstances etc. etc.
Same people back them, they are nice chaps, not their fault the list goes on and on.
Try being as incompetent as these managers in your daily job for as long as they are, you won't last long.
Really boils down to p*ss poor judgement by those at the top which started with Gartside and continues with the current chap (although in mitigation I don't think Ken ever planned being here as long as he has been).

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Do you bee-lieve in Father Christmas? Brentford (A) 3:00pm, Saturday, 22 December

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:22 pm

Took a while but here we go...

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:24 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:13 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

It is disgusting and only at BWFC could such a useless & incompetent manager still be in a job after 1 win in 19 games, but basically its because the likes of yourself, BWFCI & others who have continually backed him....

Its been obvious to some for a long time that he's an absolute joke of a manager, clueless, the most boring, negative manager in football.... without an attacking, creative bone in his body - but the ones who have backed him because he's a nice man need to take a serious look at themselves because you are the ones who have kept the useless cnut in a job.
Go on I'll play.

We aren't the ones who have kept him in a job. That is the duty of one man. We are the people that have looked logically at all aspects before going for the man in the middle from day of appointment. Trouble with fans like you is that you're not happy unless it's all going pear shaped and you can say "I told you so".

I'm sure you'll enjoy your Christmas with a smug grin on your face knowing you are the only fan who said I knew this would happen.....

Can I ask who has if at all been your favourite Bolton manager?
Come on Blu. I carry no brief for PT but I am sure it hurts him as much as us. He is merely stating the obvious. We have an awful record and the manager cannot hide anymore. I cant imagine any other team who would have allowed a Manager to continue for so long with this dismal record. We are losing matches without any fight at all. Its has become intolerable.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:18 pm
Mar wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:11 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

Rolls eyes.

He's clearly not useless incompetent and clueless as you put it, his tenure clearly shows that but clearly something isnt working. Even the most ardent parkinson supporter knows it's time for a change.

We're missing a cutting edge and last season maybe some of the last season's players would've got us out of it.

Did we get a shot on target today?
How old are you 10 ?.....
PT we all share your frustration but that's a poor response for what was a considered reply that I suspect most of us agree with
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Harry - what with the comment 'He's clearly not useless incompetent and clueless as you put it'

So this is a considered response....I mean absolutely no offence to Mar whatsoever but come on 1 win in 19 - he clearly is useless & incompetent

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:35 pm
Harry - what with the comment 'He's clearly not useless incompetent and clueless as you put it'

So this is a considered response....I mean absolutely no offence to Mar whatsoever but come on 1 win in 19 - he clearly is useless & incompetent
Well, like Mar I suspect, I felt Parky deserved some loyalty for getting us up and keeping us up. However, as he said clearly something has to change now. I think we all accept we're heading for relegation and Parky clearly can't get a tune out of his squad.

Time to go certainly but it'll only happen if he chooses to walk cos Ken won't be offering to pay his contract up.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Parky is league 1
Squads league 1
He got lucky last season
I was willing to give him the benefit but unfortunately we can’t sack the players so I would sack the manager - and the league is much better this year so we are probably fcked regardless. Merry Christmas 😀

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:20 pm

He has to go.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:

No offense taken. Seemed like both your comments were fishing for a reaction.

I'm wondering whether we would've fared better with the players we let go. Morais, Pratley, Le Fondre. Again that rests on the management and board. Morais for all his faults frequently created chances.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:27 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:

I'm wondering whether we would've fared better with the players we let go. Morais, Pratley, Le Fondre. Again that rests on the management and board. Morais for all his faults frequently created chances.
Said at the time that letting the versatile Morais go was a strange one, while releasing ALF has proven to be an utter disaster. Absolute clowns in charge of this club.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:31 pm

I think it's pretty obviouis (a real No shxt Sherlock, in fact) why a lot of folk howled when Alf went. A lot was said about him not suiting systems etc, etc, but put him in front of goal and he'd score goals. Right now we couldn't score with three shots at a dartboard. Compared with our current vanguard, Anne Hegarty would probably score more. I have to wonder just how much training time is spent practising shooting? Not much if today and lately is anything to go by.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:33 pm

A few weeks ago Parkinson was asked by someone (Iles I think) about bringing in an attacking coach to help him (something that I have been saying for several months) and he 'stubbornly' said something about that he didn't need one.

He's got Steve Parkin who's an old school defender, with managerial experience at Mansfield, Rochdale & Barnsley and Julian Darby who was one of the most limited, boring, side ways passing midfielders I've ever watched in a BWFC shirt.
How on earth does Parkinson think that his backroom staff are suitably qualified & experienced enough in the attacking side of the game to give us a chance in the championship - Parkinson is deluded, he thinks he's better than he is.....between himself, Parkin & Darby there is no one who knows anything about the attacking side of the game - he's a long ball, play as many 6ft plus players as you possible can, ultra defensive dinosaur of a manager....who when he eventually goes will probably never again manage in the championship again.

But several on here think he should continue to manage our famous club....

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:31 pm
I think it's pretty obviouis (a real No shxt Sherlock, in fact) why a lot of folk howled when Alf went. A lot was said about him not suiting systems etc, etc, but put him in front of goal and he'd score goals. Right now we couldn't score with three shots at a dartboard. Compared with our current vanguard, Anne Hegarty would probably score more. I have to wonder just how much training time is spent practising shooting? Not much if today and lately is anything to go by.
I had a geezer on twitter telling me it would be okay because Magennis would get into double figures and Otzumer - I kid you not - would 'get at least 7 goals.' :lol: :lol:

I think people underestimated how hard it is to find someone who can regularly score at this level on our budget. I can put it simply: It's almost impossible, and it's especially harder when you give yourself 2 weeks before transfer deadline day.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:33 pm
A few weeks ago Parkinson was asked by someone (Iles I think) about bringing in an attacking coach to help him (something that I have been saying for several months) and he 'stubbornly' said something about that he didn't need one.

He's got Steve Parkin who's an old school defender, with managerial experience at Mansfield, Rochdale & Barnsley and Julian Darby who was one of the most limited, boring, side ways passing midfielders I've ever watched in a BWFC shirt.
How on earth does Parkinson think that his backroom staff are suitably qualified & experienced enough in the attacking side of the game to give us a chance in the championship - Parkinson is deluded, he thinks he's better than he is.....between himself, Parkin & Darby there is no one who knows anything about the attacking side of the game - he's a long ball, play as many 6ft plus players as you possible can, ultra defensive dinosaur of a manager....who when he eventually goes will probably never again manage in the championship again.

But several on here think he should continue to manage our famous club....
There are some people out there in football who use that to label Big Sam, just saying like :D

Seriously Parky is not fit to lace Sams boots at least Sam knew when and where a team needed extra input.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Mar wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:

Mar, I may be an annoying cnut on here, but I'm honestly not the fishing type - I'm an old school 100% 'say it how I see it type'....who loves my club but seriously despises Parkinson. Those who think he's done anything special at BWFC seriously need to think again, he's done nothing apart from turn us into the most boring, negative, predictable, shite, dull, un watchable football team going - who haven't got any idea of how to attack, create or even score.....between himself & KA he's managed to take us as near to how we were in the 80's than anyone in recent history

Well done Phil Parkinson....job for life.....turn the lights off & close the stadium, at least until the dullard, clueless cnut Parkinson has gone.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:20 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:35 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:31 pm
I had a geezer on twitter telling me it would be okay because Magennis would get into double figures and Otzumer - I kid you not - would 'get at least 7 goals.' :lol: :lol:

I think people underestimated how hard it is to find someone who can regularly score at this level on our budget. I can put it simply: It's almost impossible, and it's especially harder when you give yourself 2 weeks before transfer deadline day.
I was a big ALF fan and was gutted to see him leave but he wouldn't have made any difference this season. We're creating nothing. Absolutely nothing. ALF and for that matter Magennis, Doige or Ozthumer can't score if you don't get the ball to them around the box.

Parkys shortcoming is that his style of play meant we'd rarely get the best of ALF and won't ever see what Ozthumer could do

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:02 pm

I don't know if any body notice this , Phil Parkinson until now did not comment after Brentford match I check the official website there is nothing , I don't know if this is mean anything .

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:31 pm

elhadj wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:02 pm
I don't know if any body notice this , Phil Parkinson until now did not comment after Brentford match I check the official website there is nothing , I don't know if this is mean anything .
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... nderers-0/
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

elhadj
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elhadj » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Okay , because in official website there is nothing .

Sweet
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Sweet » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Parky is dog shit.