A Millers Tale.....Bolton V Rotherham Boxing Day. 3.O'clock

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: A Millers Tale.....Bolton V Rotherham Boxing Day. 3.O'clock

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:41 pm

Feck me: a win! Well that's brightened up my Christmas.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:50 am

Amazing! We were the better team, scored two goals and won. I am pretty sure that is the first time since we came back up to the Championship that all of those things are true.

4-4-fecking2 might be the way forward, if for no other reason it gives us a chance to score goals and win games. It was a very traditional 4-4-2 with a right footed O'Neil on the right and the left footed Ameobi on the left. O'Neil has real quality touches, and it is a shame he won't be able to play every game due to his age. Ameobi simply must stay and stay fit if we are to survive. Donaldson and Doidge works quite well, because Donaldson does a lot of running into channels whilst Doidge is a natural finisher who takes up dangerous positions. Neither are probably good enough for the Championship but at least we have activity in forward positions. Doidge might be capable of scoring a few once he gets some confidence I guess.

Lowe at right back, then left back after Taylor went off after 65mins, played really well, as did Williams who was brave enough to get on the ball and keep possession even if his final pass or shot didn't always find the target.

Rotherham are a big physical side, but awful up front, and if we are going to stay up, then we will need to finish above them. This game was more like a top half L1 game than a Championship game.

They say it is the hope that kills ya, but the lack of hope was certainly killing my enthusiasm. Nice to see something positive at the UniBol and nice to see some football that at least gave the crowd a chance to get behind the team.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:51 am

The first game I've missed in ages. Typical! Very happy with the result and hope we can carry something over to Saturday against much sterner opposition.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:08 pm

Anybody not seen the highlights..briefly..:

https://www.skysports.com/football/bolt ... ham/392820
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?