Cr.ouch!!! Who will feel the pain? Home v Stoke, Sat 29.12.18

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Cr.ouch!!! Who will feel the pain? Home v Stoke, Sat 29.12.18

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:00 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:10 pm

What if it’s a choice between keeping the lights on till the end of the season or keeping the current squad as is but going into admin by March? As it stands we are told we will lose 3M quid. Who is going to bridge that gap in funding without player sales?I think it is that stark a position now.
We can't even be sure we won't be in Division One next season with the players we have. Sell any and what chance then? If that happens we won't need to sell anybody, they'l all be off anyway...
What I’m saying is, where will the 3M be contoured up from? A friend well connected in the business world said to me ‘Ken has less money than the average Camelot lottery winner, a lot less’. He doesn’t have 3M to fund the club even if he wanted to.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:01 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

What if it’s a choice between keeping the lights on till the end of the season or keeping the current squad as is but going into admin by March? As it stands we are told we will lose 3M quid. Who is going to bridge that gap in funding without player sales?I think it is that stark a position now.
We can't even be sure we won't be in Division One next season with the players we have. Sell any and what chance then? If that happens we won't need to sell anybody, they'l all be off anyway...
What I’m saying is, where will the 3M be contoured up from? A friend well connected in the business world said to me ‘Ken has less money than the average Camelot lottery winner, a lot less’. He doesn’t have 3M to fund the club even if he wanted to.
I really haven't the faintest idea.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:25 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

So if you had the choice betweeen admin and a 12 points deduction, transfer ban and all that goes with a business in admin or selling 3 key players in January which would you take?

I’m not sure it is cut and dried as a supporter. Admin would at least finally either flush out a buyer or see the club go away. Whereas selling assets delays the inevitable unless Ken miraculously finds a buyer...I’ve heard his attempts so far are nothing short of disastrous. Either way likelihood is we will go down.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:40 pm
at worst, the first founder member of the League to flounder in the abyss of non-leaguedom.
Point of order Spotty. Accrington got there before us in the 60s. Liquidated then reformed in the non leagues
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:25 pm

[/quote]

So if you had the choice betweeen admin and a 12 points deduction, transfer ban and all that goes with a business in admin or selling 3 key players in January which would you take? [/quote]

Why would you expect me to be able to answer questions that the finest financial brain-box officers of B.W.F.C obviously cant do satisfactorily? Do we, as league-proppers actually have three players that we own who would sell for the three million you claim we'll need just to stay alive, and have enough money left over to replace them in some fashion?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:25 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:18 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

So if you had the choice betweeen admin and a 12 points deduction, transfer ban and all that goes with a business in admin or selling 3 key players in January which would you take?
Who are these 3 key players though? Do you really and honestly think we have enough talent in our squad to raise a couple of million? I can't see it.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:00 pm

Ameobi is easily worth £3m of someone's money, say Norwich or Derby, to offer that something different that could help get them up.

Vela, who has been linked to Leeds before, I could see fitting into their high energy game and could fetch a million.

Not much other than those two to be honest but Ken's done well when selling folk before
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Beevers might get a couple of million. Right age and still another year on his contract I think? Vela would a mil at best now I think - and who in their right minds would sign a new deal here.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:14 pm

Vela has been shite for too long. League One player. If Ken gets a mill for him he deserves a statue.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:14 pm
Vela has been shite for too long. League One player. If Ken gets a mill for him he deserves a statue.
Funnily he performs better in December......

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:42 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:14 pm
Jugs wrote:
You mean when he's actually in the team? Velas not progressed in the way we'd all hoped but he never gives less than 100%

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:13 am

Pavel Olkowski is probably our most valuable asset right now. Seemingly a coup when he signed until 2020, but according to reports on this site, his performances have dropped so maybe he is unsettled. Has been placed on ice in the last couple games. Was his form that bad or is it to prevent injury because a deal been done? We shall see.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:05 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:42 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:14 pm
Jugs wrote:
You mean when he's actually in the team? Velas not progressed in the way we'd all hoped but he never gives less than 100%
I mean when he's in the shop window. He's been in the team this year and been below par. He shown glimmers of what he is capable of.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:22 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:13 am
Pavel Olkowski is probably our most valuable asset right now. Seemingly a coup when he signed until 2020, but according to reports on this site, his performances have dropped so maybe he is unsettled. Has been placed on ice in the last couple games. Was his form that bad or is it to prevent injury because a deal been done? We shall see.
He hasn't had a good game since September. I'd be very surprised if he goes in January.

Of all the players mentioned, Ameobi might attract a bid if Ken puts word out that he's available, while I can see Beevers attracting a bid of around £500,000 or less.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:18 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:29 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:40 pm
at worst, the first founder member of the League to flounder in the abyss of non-leaguedom.
Point of order Spotty. Accrington got there before us in the 60s. Liquidated then reformed in the non leagues
Fairy 'nuff. Point of Order approved.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:19 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:13 am
He took some shit pills around late October and they haven't worn off, yet
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:05 pm

That shitcnut Rowetts been found out again I see. Probably manage us on his way towards the Stan Ternent retirement home in a few years knowing our luck.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:08 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:05 pm
That shitcnut Rowetts been found out again I see. Probably manage us on his way towards the Stan Ternent retirement home in a few years knowing our luck.
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:20 pm

Jugs wrote:
There's still a player in him, I'm positive - But we're in the bottom 3 in the league - And he doesn't get into our team - The teams below us won;'t pay money in January just in case and the teams above us won't see the point in paying for him - If he ain't good enough for us, he ain't good enough for them
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:26 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:20 pm
Jugs wrote:
There's still a player in him, I'm positive - But we're in the bottom 3 in the league - And he doesn't get into our team - The teams below us won;'t pay money in January just in case and the teams above us won't see the point in paying for him - If he ain't good enough for us, he ain't good enough for them
The problem is nobody knows what he is. He's not a great technician or passer. He cannot control a midfield. He runs a lot but when played in a conventional midfield role, disappears and seems ineffective. He's only ever looked a player to me when running off Madine.

Since then he's looked a bit lost.