Cr.ouch!!! Who will feel the pain? Home v Stoke, Sat 29.12.18

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Cr.ouch!!! Who will feel the pain? Home v Stoke, Sat 29.12.18

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:21 pm

He looked Handy in League 1 partnering with Clough before he left. But yeah... League 1
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Shrewsbury beat Stoke 3-2 in the F.A.Cup.....just saying.. :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:54 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:26 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:20 pm
Jugs wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:14 pm
Vela has been shite for too long. League One player. If Ken gets a mill for him he deserves a statue.
There's still a player in him, I'm positive - But we're in the bottom 3 in the league - And he doesn't get into our team - The teams below us won;'t pay money in January just in case and the teams above us won't see the point in paying for him - If he ain't good enough for us, he ain't good enough for them
The problem is nobody knows what he is. He's not a great technician or passer. He cannot control a midfield. He runs a lot but when played in a conventional midfield role, disappears and seems ineffective. He's only ever looked a player to me when running off Madine.

Since then he's looked a bit lost.
He is probably the player who has suffered from our piss poor attack coaching the most - in a high energy high pressing midfield game under the right coach I think there was a better player in there. Would benefit from moving clubs I think.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:05 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:54 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:26 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:20 pm
Jugs wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:14 pm
Vela has been shite for too long. League One player. If Ken gets a mill for him he deserves a statue.
There's still a player in him, I'm positive - But we're in the bottom 3 in the league - And he doesn't get into our team - The teams below us won;'t pay money in January just in case and the teams above us won't see the point in paying for him - If he ain't good enough for us, he ain't good enough for them
The problem is nobody knows what he is. He's not a great technician or passer. He cannot control a midfield. He runs a lot but when played in a conventional midfield role, disappears and seems ineffective. He's only ever looked a player to me when running off Madine.

Since then he's looked a bit lost.
He is probably the player who has suffered from our piss poor attack coaching the most - in a high energy high pressing midfield game under the right coach I think there was a better player in there. Would benefit from moving clubs I think.

I think that's probably true, even if I'd give Parky credit for having the foresight to push him further forward. Vela's fine as a runner to press with intensity and close down space, either as one of a middle three or behind the centre forward. The trouble is, it's less effective if he's the only one doing it.