Cr.ouch!!! Who will feel the pain? Home v Stoke, Sat 29.12.18

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Cr.ouch!!! Who will feel the pain? Home v Stoke, Sat 29.12.18

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:54 pm

Still beneath the dotted lines... but by sacrificing a duck I got us the points against Rotherham. This Saturday I have another potential burnt offering - the missus will be back from the in-law, and I've offered to cook our delayed turkey. A much bigger bird, more powerful magic. Guaranteed three-nil win to us to propel us up beyond the drop zone 8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Cr.ouch!!! Who will feel the pain? Home v Stoke, Sat 29.12.18

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:54 pm
Still beneath the dotted lines... but by sacrificing a duck I got us the points against Rotherham. This Saturday I have another potential burnt offering - the missus will be back from the in-law, and I've offered to cook our delayed turkey. A much bigger bird, more powerful magic. Guaranteed three-nil win to us to propel us up beyond the drop zone 8)
Hope you're right Spots, ( of course you are) although "turkey" isn't the most appropriate term here. Can you just stick to "bird" and avoid things like "Stoking the fires" etc......
Ps, and remind our centre backs that Crouch is six feet thirteen tall!...(six feet seven actually, but that's like two Oztumers....) Come on you Whites... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:59 pm

I f*cking 'ate Stoke...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:01 pm

^ me too. Horrible club, dreadful fans and even the rather charming Mr Crouch is usually a thorn in our side.

0-2 loss
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:19 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:01 pm
^ me too. Horrible club, dreadful fans and even the rather charming Mr Crouch is usually a thorn in our side.0-2 loss
I've said this before, but one of my favourite moments was our next meeting after the cup disaster. A pic was shown of a Stoke fan as strutting about with a big placard saying "5-0". Irony, it ain't in it. We beat them 5-0... :D

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Yeah absolutely hate these c*nts, and let's not forget it was them that relegated us with an illegal goal and a questionable penalty.

I do hope PP sticks with 442 tomorrow and that we really go at them. But I don't think he will

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Jugs wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:03 pm
Yeah absolutely hate these c*nts, and let's not forget it was them that relegated us with an illegal goal and a questionable penalty.

I do hope PP sticks with 442 tomorrow and that we really go at them. But I don't think he will
He'd better fxcking do!
I'm sacrificing a turkey for this... The least he can do is attack.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:19 am

" Awake, for morning in the bowl of night, has cast the stone that puts the stars to flight"

Oh, alright then, in Bolton and Stoke lingo, "Geddup, it's match day!" Loving Stoke the way all true Whites fans do, how nice a New Year present it'll be if we can get the points off the Potters today. Against the odds, I reckon we might just do it. It'll be tight, especially with the tall one down the middle, but stranger things have happened. A win then for me any which way....COME ON YOU WHITES....... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

ae:)

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:49 pm

I've just seen Michael Appleton on his way into the stadium. Make of that what you will...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:50 pm

The quality on their bench shows what we're up against. Get anything today and it's a bonus imo
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:01 pm

Dog walked, brew made and deep-breathing on the spot all done. Good to go against the "Crouching" Dragons, come on you Hidden Tigers....We go.... :oyea: :oyea:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:01 pm
Dog walked, brew made and deep-breathing on the spot all done. Good to go against the "Crouching" Dragons, come on you Hidden Tigers....We go.... :oyea: :oyea:
Gravy already fooked. Turkey on the way to being burnt to a crisp. All sacrifices going according to plan. I've added a bread and butter pudding into the mix just to make sure the hex works...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:08 pm

First free kick to us from Lowe, they head clear via Shawcross...then get a free kick in reply. And....some mic chat about this and that, a throw cleared by them, then they get another in reply on halfway. And....now Ben wallops one and it comes back to him for a chuck-out. And....the voices in the box not rising in anticipation yet.....to and fro and mic lads tell of teams etc. Chat about Ryan Woods...then they get a thgrow. Williams gets forth, then Vela gets us a free kick. And....and....Wheats and....they clear and we win it back and.....Shawcross clears. Afoebi given onside...but no cigar. Ince...and Vela gives another one away and....Afoebi crosses well and a header is saved by Ben.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:11 pm

Shawcross clears, Williamson.....and "Grounds" Where's he popped up from? Ince sets them off and Jason Lowe clears calmly. Back they come and out it goes for a Ben wallop. And.....scores, then.....Stoke doing the pressing so far. Bit of head stuff, we break via Beevers, Doidge, .....they clear.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:16 pm

They sally, Allen, McClaine and.....Lowe has to give a way a corner. And.....another one via Beevers. Mic lads chat, then.....in and.....we bring it out. We visit the Black pudding crew.....then...Williams, Sammi, loses out and....mic chat again, then....McLaine (Die Hard?).....We press at them and.....Afoebi scufffs one. Edwards, Ince Allen, Woods.....etc....and....crossed and....a goal kick to us.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Vela and Doige get a mention, then scores intervene and back the Potters come. Too m uch mention of them so far and....Beevers sees the ball out for a goal kick. They have a bit more possession, then Ben says, "Mine" and sets the lads off.....they clear eventually and it gpes back to wallop land. Sammi goes now and....his cross for Donaldson is too deep. Now how good would an early goal be? Come on....Lowe send one into touch. Goal kick us again. Sammi wins it, Vela moves forth, Lowe, Wilson, Beevers, Williams, Sammi...Wheats, and back to Ben for a wallop. Ince breaks and.....we get a goal kick ????? shins one for a goal kick.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Keep ball is fine if it leads to something. They sally at us once more and Lowe sees it out for a corner. Throw them and.....some scores...then...Edwards.....and he launches one in and...Doige cxlears but it gets back to Butland.....Lowe plays sheherd again. Goal kick us. 24 mins gone...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:29 pm

Deep throw them near their area.....and ...a bit of mic chat, then......no support up front, but Doidge....Sammi lashes one a bit high and it gets blocked....we have a bit more possesion....then Grounds, Sammi, Williams......mic chat.....we lose out and Ince crosses. Beevers blocks the header and we clear. They sally back ...they have a pass or two then Ince loses out and Williams wins a free kick. Come on Whites, get in there...we go pudding hunting to Meadow Lane....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:30 pm

We're getting mashed! So I've just put the roasties in, which means they should be nicely burnt in about 80 minutes. That should counteract the mashing...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:34 pm

And now, a few challenges flying in and Williams is on the deck for a minute. Scores about this and that, here and there.....chit-chat, then....they sally back at us for a change. Grounds heads clear and.....they have another corner. And....Donaldson heads clerar, they come back via Ince and Allen and....the cross is poor and we have a goal kick . And Ben launches, they launch it back, Allen and Ince, Grounds....and it all ends with Sammi striding forth and Vela hits a bit of a tame one.