Doidge returns to FGR

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Doidge returns to FGR

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:48 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:46 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:43 pm
It's not what you're asking for, because such proof is rare, but a quick check reveals BN said this:

"Mr Vince also claimed on Monday that wages paid by his club during Doidge’s four months at Bolton, worth approximately £30,000, would be taken at source by the EFL."
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... s-in-hand/

I don't know where that's from but I suspect it's the long interview with Dale Vince on FGR's Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/fgrfc/videos/2535321429817981/
Thanks.
For what it's worth, I would have thought that, if Mr Vince expected BWFC to pay Doidge's wages during the last few months then he would have stated so, forcefully, and in legal terms. It appears to me that there was at least possibly an agreement that FGR paid his wages until a time when BWFC was able to take up the slack. Notwithstanding the quite obscure terms and conditions alluded to above. Again, I state quite honestly, I might be wrong... But I don't think I am.
Vince said ‘we will pursue the fee in court. The wages will be paid automatically out of their EFL payment.’ That was in their local paper. I cannot be bothered finding a link right now.

It’s madness to think league two FGR were prepared to lose a player for half a season for nothing whilst also paying their wages in full. Absolutely laughable.
So why did they pay his wages, if it's ABSOLUTELY LAUGHABLE? Because, apparently, they did. Pay his wages in full... Absolutely laughable... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:11 pm

...do you not do subtlety? Do you not understand the concept that maybe Vince agreed to pay Doidge's wages on the understanding they would be repaid later when the loan became a permanent transfer? Is that too hard a concept for your brain to accept?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 pm

I look forward to the court case. As entertainment at the very least...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:47 pm

Firmly into the realms of speculation now but doesn’t £30k for four months wages - ie about £2,500 per week - sound a bit low for a big-fee striker?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:09 am

Where we picking up his FGR salary when on loan, with a new deal starting 3rd Jan?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:44 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:02 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
It's not what you're asking for, because such proof is rare, but a quick check reveals BN said this:

"Mr Vince also claimed on Monday that wages paid by his club during Doidge’s four months at Bolton, worth approximately £30,000, would be taken at source by the EFL."

I don't know where that's from but I suspect it's the long interview with Dale Vince on FGR's Facebook page.
Thanks.
For what it's worth, I would have thought that, if Mr Vince expected BWFC to pay Doidge's wages during the last few months then he would have stated so, forcefully, and in legal terms. It appears to me that there was at least possibly an agreement that FGR paid his wages until a time when BWFC was able to take up the slack. Notwithstanding the quite obscure terms and conditions alluded to above. Again, I state quite honestly, I might be wrong... But I don't think I am.
Vince said ‘we will pursue the fee in court. The wages will be paid automatically out of their EFL payment.’ That was in their local paper. I cannot be bothered finding a link right now.

It’s madness to think league two FGR were prepared to lose a player for half a season for nothing whilst also paying their wages in full. Absolutely laughable.
So why did they pay his wages, if it's ABSOLUTELY LAUGHABLE? Because, apparently, they did. Pay his wages in full... Absolutely laughable... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Because that is exactly how football loans work.

The contract remains between the parent club and the player, who continue to use their PAYE system to pay said player.

The loan deal can then include a deal between the two clubs to compensate for those wages or a proportion of them.

It is a separate mechanism.

There is absolutely no way on gods earth that FGR would have let a player go without expecting his wages covered. The point at which that was due is a little irrelevant here, given it seems we are unable to pay anything till the EFL structural payment arrives - and that money will be deducted automatically from said payment if the league find it to be outstanding. I note in his multitude of rants over the past few days Ken has never denied we owe FGR that money.

jonnybwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by jonnybwfc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:38 am

If we are doing everything by the book, and in line with our contract (as Ken is suggesting?), why have we allowed Doidge to leave ?
Djorkaeff ... Djorkaeff must score ... he does ... HE DOES !!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:44 am

jonnybwfc wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:38 am
If we are doing everything by the book, and in line with our contract (as Ken is suggesting?), why have we allowed Doidge to leave ?
That may be an inconvenient question. Ken has chosen not to address that. Its all FGR's fault - they've broken the agreement.....I'm assuming then that Ken has the contractual proof and we'll take them to the cleaners...

However, there is also Remi Matthews.....why has he left?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:44 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Thanks.

The contract remains between the parent club and the player, who continue to use their PAYE system to pay said player.

The loan deal can then include a deal between the two clubs to compensate for those wages or a proportion of them.

There is absolutely no way on gods earth that FGR would have let a player go without expecting his wages covered. The point at which that was due is a little irrelevant here, given it seems we are unable to pay anything till the EFL structural payment arrives - and that money will be deducted automatically from said payment if the league find it to be outstanding. I note in his multitude of rants over the past few days Ken has never denied we owe FGR that money.
So let me get this straight... It's ABSOLUTELY LAUGHABLE that FGR would have paid Doidge's wages since August. But they have... BECAUSE THAT'S EXACTLY HOW FOOTBALL LOANS WORK!!!!????

Rearrange this: fxcking through talk you your anus.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Thanks.

So let me get this straight... It's ABSOLUTELY LAUGHABLE that FGR would have paid Doidge's wages since August. But they have... BECAUSE THAT'S EXACTLY HOW FOOTBALL LOANS WORK!!!!????

I have no idea why you are constantly so aggressive but its become tiresome. If you persist I'm going to put you on ignore. Wasting time trying to have a rational debate with someone who isn't able to discuss a fairly banal point with civility and decency is tiresome.

For a final time....(and if you want to verify this, go and have a chat with Simon Marland or any other football club secretary) most loans work where an agreement exists between two clubs for a fee and a % of wages to be covered. The parent club continues to mechanically pay the wages via their PAYE system into the players' bank account. But the agreement between the clubs means that said wages will be paid by the loaning club either in full or in part and that will be stipulated in the loan agreement.

I cannot stress enough how it is ludicrous to suggest FGR would loan their player and not receive his wages. In effect they would lose a player for nothing for half a season. I also want to add, again that Ken has never denied being liable for his wages.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Thanks.

I have no idea why you are constantly so aggressive but its become tiresome. If you persist I'm going to put you on ignore. Wasting time trying to have a rational debate with someone who isn't able to discuss a fairly banal point with civility and decency is tiresome.

For a final time....(and if you want to verify this, go and have a chat with Simon Marland or any other football club secretary) most loans work where an agreement exists between two clubs for a fee and a % of wages to be covered. The parent club continues to mechanically pay the wages via their PAYE system into the players' bank account. But the agreement between the clubs means that said wages will be paid by the loaning club either in full or in part and that will be stipulated in the loan agreement.

I cannot stress enough how it is ludicrous to suggest FGR would loan their player and not receive his wages. In effect they would lose a player for nothing for half a season. I also want to add, again that Ken has never denied being liable for his wages.
And I cannot stress enough that you do not seem to get it.
Where in all of the press releases and internet content has Dale Vince categorically stated that Bolton Wanderers were in breach of contract due to Forest Green Rovers paying Doidge's wages from August through December. Apart from your contention that to do so would be ludicrous and laughable, it would seem that Forest Green Rovers paid his wages and did not cavil when/if BWFC defaulted on 'repaymrnt' of those very wages. It is my question as to why Dale Vince didn't bother to mention this to the press in August, or September, or October, or November, or December. But waited until the EFL placed an embargo on BWFC and mentioned in passing that "FGR had paid Doidge's wages since August"... Of course they had. But it's not actionable, not illegal, and has only been picked up by commentators like yourself, who conflate a lot of hot air into a criminal activity.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:34 pm

Sometimes, but not often, the loaning club will let a player go on loan while they pay most or all of his wages. But this is more for a Big Club letting a kid get experienced at a cash-strapped lower-league club. I’ve certainly never heard of a club lending its star striker to a higher-tier outfit while still paying his wages - or even part of them.

This is obviously fairly new, with loan-before-buy being a way around the earlier transfer deadline. But it would surprise me if FGR did anything but laugh at the notion. We may never see the paperwork and I understand LLS’s determination to cut through the bluster to the facts but given the multiple other questionable occurrences since 2016 I strongly suspect we haven’t been entirely clean-nosed here.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:39 pm

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:34 pm
Sometimes, but not often, the loaning club will let a player go on loan while they pay most or all of his wages. But this is more for a Big Club letting a kid get experienced at a cash-strapped lower-league club. I’ve certainly never heard of a club lending its star striker to a higher-tier outfit while still paying his wages - or even part of them.

This is obviously fairly new, with loan-before-buy being a way around the earlier transfer deadline. But it would surprise me if FGR did anything but laugh at the notion. We may never see the paperwork and I understand LLS’s determination to cut through the bluster to the facts but given the multiple other questionable occurrences since 2016 I strongly suspect we haven’t been entirely clean-nosed here.
...which is also why I said the court case will be entertaining.
If one materialises.
If Ken has been as criminal as BWFCi insists then it will at the very least get rid of him as our CEO.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:06 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Thanks.

And I cannot stress enough that you do not seem to get it.
Where in all of the press releases and internet content has Dale Vince categorically stated that Bolton Wanderers were in breach of contract due to Forest Green Rovers paying Doidge's wages from August through December. Apart from your contention that to do so would be ludicrous and laughable, it would seem that Forest Green Rovers paid his wages and did not cavil when/if BWFC defaulted on 'repaymrnt' of those very wages. It is my question as to why Dale Vince didn't bother to mention this to the press in August, or September, or October, or November, or December. But waited until the EFL placed an embargo on BWFC and mentioned in passing that "FGR had paid Doidge's wages since August"... Of course they had. But it's not actionable, not illegal, and has only been picked up by commentators like yourself, who conflate a lot of hot air into a criminal activity.
He said that the EFL will automatically deduct the wages from our structural payment. What more are you expecting him to say? This was reported in the BN and the local FGR sports press. Ken has never denied owing those wages btw....

As for why he didn't mention it - there could be many reasons. Most like that KA kept telling him there was a cheque in the post and he didn't want to go public and potentially disrupt the move of a player who clearly wanted to be here. BUT the point is that Vince says that money we owe - and the EFL will pay it to them. A claim which has not been denied, and the logic dictates we owe it. Short of a copy of the loan contract (which I'd love to see and I'm sure Ken would love to show us all...not) what are you expecting?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:39 pm

If one materialises.
If Ken has been as criminal as BWFCi insists then it will at the very least get rid of him as our CEO.
Please do not put words into my mouth. I have never alleged that. Merely that FGR are pursuing us (or claim to be) in court for unpaid LOAN FEE. And that the wages will be deducted automatically from the EFL structural payments. Note that the wages and fee are a separate issue.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:53 pm

It would appear the BWFC fan swelling attendees amounted to just two YouTube types and those interesting looking blokes who managed to get themselves on the bbc sport website. I wish Forest Green no ill will but I do find it quite amusing that after all the fuss the typical apathy set in!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:49 pm

So, no court case?
How very fxcking inevitable.
Dale, somesortofnewagetravelker Vince, is as big a tit as Ken sucks-the-blood-outta-capitalism Anderson!
You can both sue me, Arseholes! No, really, go for it, T W A T S.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

If one materialises.

It would be helpful if you could point to an example of this insistence. Only, I haven't been able to find one myself, and I assume, given your persistence in demanding that others produce hard evidence of their assertions, you hold yourself to the same standard and thus will be able to provide plenty.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:15 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:33 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

If one materialises.

It would be helpful if you could point to an example of this insistence. Only, I haven't been able to find one myself, and I assume, given your persistence in demanding that others produce hard evidence of their assertions, you hold yourself to the same standard and thus will be able to provide plenty.
Can you give me evidence of my persistence in demanding hard evidence of other's assertions? I think not! I tend to demand only that logic is applied to situations were unicorns are usually free to roam...

But however, BWFCi on Thursday 10th January at 7:48 pm on this very website made the following bold claim:
Quote:
"Vince said ‘we will pursue the fee in court'... I cannot be bothered finding a link right now"
Unquote.

You may now contrast that with my post above.
LLS this very day at 4:49pm said
Quote:
"So, no court case?
How very fxcking inevitable."
Unquote
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:15 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:33 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

If one materialises.

Can you give me evidence of my persistence in demanding hard evidence of other's assertions? I think not! I tend to demand only that logic is applied to situations were unicorns are usually free to roam...

But however, BWFCi on Thursday 10th January at 7:48 pm on this very website made the following bold claim:
Quote:
"Vince said ‘we will pursue the fee in court'... I cannot be bothered finding a link right now"
Unquote.

You may now contrast that with my post above.
LLS this very day at 4:49pm said
Quote:
"So, no court case?
How very fxcking inevitable."
Unquote

The fee, yes, but not the wages. And it was the intimation that we had agreed to pay (or cover, or reimburse, or however you wish to describe it) Doidge's wages for which you required hard evidence. But besides, if you could provide proof of any insistence that our chairman is guilty of criminal activity in relation to this it would be most welcome.