If Bolton Wanderers imploded tomorrow...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

If BWFC ceased to exist

Support another club (say who)
9%
Become a general football fan
12%
Wait for a new, spiritual successor club - a non-league start-up
39%
Take an active role in forming a spiritual successor
6%
Give up on football
27%
Other (specify)
6%

Total votes: 33

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If Bolton Wanderers imploded tomorrow...

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 pm

There's some really sad cockney/southern admissions coming out here. Get a fecking grip. I've worked pretty much all my life in the South, but fecked if I'd bring up a child in the shit hole.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:30 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 pm
There's some really sad cockney/southern admissions coming out here. Get a fecking grip. I've worked pretty much all my life in the South, but fecked if I'd bring up a child in the shit hole.

A tad sweeping! :shock:

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:21 am

Worthy4England wrote:

Come down here, take our jobs, sh@g our women and drink our beer. B@stard. :lol:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:51 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:21 am
Worthy4England wrote:

Come down here, take our jobs, sh@g our women and drink our beer. B@stard. :lol:
Let me be clear - I've been very principled about not sh@gging your women (that's my version of events anyhow, I suspect Enoch was somewhere at the back of all this) and I used to travel vast distances to find a pub serving Boddies. That pi$$ water you describe as "our beer" I have no intention of drinking! :D

On the take our jobs bit. Mine is clearly not "your job" - it's mine. :grin:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:36 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:33 pm
I've found this thread really interesting. I too have no connection to Bolton (the town). Despite that, I've been a die hard supporter for almost 50 years coz of my dad & granddad, although neither came from Bolton.

In my youth, me & my dad were going to 30 games a season, but these days, I only go to the London games (where I've lived for 30 years).
I've only ever seen one game at the Reebok when we beat QPR 2-1 in August 1999 (even then, I was in the away end with my QPR mate).

But, at QPR (away) a couple of weeks ago, when we scored, I was leaping up and down like a loon (I'm 55 next month). DSB and I probably had a bit of a hug for the second. Both of us had certainly lost our voices by the final whistle (does anyone else know that "we are the one and only Wanderers" song?). I left the ground with a slightly floaty feeling and a big grin on my (rather lovely, if I do say so myself) fizzog. Mrs Domingos would definitely tell you I was less grumpy than usual that evening.

Although I very much enjoy going to my local non-league club, it's a social thing as much as anything else. At the end of the day, I'm "Wanderers 'til I die" and that's the way it will be until one of us is no more. Let's see what happens ....
55 Next Month!
I thought you were a fellow Eric's Member!
You could only have been 15 when it got shut down!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:18 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:36 am
TonyDomingos wrote:
I've found this thread really interesting. I too have no connection to Bolton (the town). Despite that, I've been a die hard supporter for almost 50 years coz of my dad & granddad, although neither came from Bolton.

In my youth, me & my dad were going to 30 games a season, but these days, I only go to the London games (where I've lived for 30 years).
I've only ever seen one game at the Reebok when we beat QPR 2-1 in August 1999 (even then, I was in the away end with my QPR mate).

But, at QPR (away) a couple of weeks ago, when we scored, I was leaping up and down like a loon (I'm 55 next month). DSB and I probably had a bit of a hug for the second. Both of us had certainly lost our voices by the final whistle (does anyone else know that "we are the one and only Wanderers" song?). I left the ground with a slightly floaty feeling and a big grin on my (rather lovely, if I do say so myself) fizzog. Mrs Domingos would definitely tell you I was less grumpy than usual that evening.

Although I very much enjoy going to my local non-league club, it's a social thing as much as anything else. At the end of the day, I'm "Wanderers 'til I die" and that's the way it will be until one of us is no more. Let's see what happens ....
55 Next Month!
I was 14-15 when I went to Eric's. They always had Saturday matinees for u18s. Great times!
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:38 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:18 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:36 am
TonyDomingos wrote:

55 Next Month!
I was 14-15 when I went to Eric's. They always had Saturday matinees for u18s. Great times!
:D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:27 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:04 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:32 am
Chorley. I'm seriously considering leaving this whole cake and arse party behind anyway and taking up with The Mags, regardless as to what becomes of BWFC.

Chorley could well be playing in the National League next season, in which case, you're more than welcome to join me when they play at the Westminster Waste Stadium. Mind you, it is dangerously close to Millwall!
That's a kind offer, TD, and one I'll happily take you up on if it comes to fruition.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:27 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Chorley. I'm seriously considering leaving this whole cake and arse party behind anyway and taking up with The Mags, regardless as to what becomes of BWFC.

Chorley could well be playing in the National League next season, in which case, you're more than welcome to join me when they play at the Westminster Waste Stadium. Mind you, it is dangerously close to Millwall!
That's a kind offer, TD, and one I'll happily take you up on if it comes to fruition.

I'll have our housekeeper prepare the east wing in anticipation.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:39 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:20 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Good job she doesn't log on here, Domingos!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:47 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:39 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

She? It's a fella called Hans who does the cleaning in lederhosen and little else. He has a wicked way with a feather duster. :wink:
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:47 pm
Enoch wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

She? It's a fella called Hans who does the cleaning in lederhosen and little else. He has a wicked way with a feather duster. :wink:
See, I read that as a leather duster :shock: :lol:

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:40 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:47 pm
Enoch wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

See, I read that as a leather duster :shock: :lol:

Special occasions only. 8)
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:16 am

:shock: :lol:

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Branagan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:56 am

This is feeling very real now. Especially following EFL's order to Bury. Anyone had any other thoughts on life after BWFC now that it could well be round the corner?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:37 pm

My life wouldn't fall apart...there's plenty of other things to do - doubt I'd actively bother supporting anyone else.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:51 pm

Branagan wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:56 am
This is feeling very real now. Especially following EFL's order to Bury. Anyone had any other thoughts on life after BWFC now that it could well be round the corner?
Chorley FC (which I may do anyway depending on how our mop flops)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:33 pm

Good of them to get promoted to a nationwide league just in time. I'll be off to Sutton in a fortnight (hopefully after Wycombe the week before).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:06 pm

My interest in football has waned as it's become more and more available.
I don't even watch international games never mind premier League.
If BWFC goes bump and there's no reincarnation club I'll give up altogether and immediately.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:06 pm
My interest in football has waned as it's become more and more available.
I don't even watch international games never mind premier League.
If BWFC goes bump and there's no reincarnation club I'll give up altogether and immediately.
International and Women's International football(not club level) and Bolton Wanderers. That's it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?