If Bolton Wanderers imploded tomorrow...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

If BWFC ceased to exist

Support another club (say who)
9%
Become a general football fan
12%
Wait for a new, spiritual successor club - a non-league start-up
39%
Take an active role in forming a spiritual successor
6%
Give up on football
27%
Other (specify)
6%

Total votes: 33

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: If Bolton Wanderers imploded tomorrow...

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:02 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:06 pm
My interest in football has waned as it's become more and more available.
I don't even watch international games never mind premier League.
If BWFC goes bump and there's no reincarnation club I'll give up altogether and immediately.
Pretty much where I'm at. I gave up sky sports years ago and I haven't watched MotD for about as long.

I'd probably go and watch the odd non league game now and again and spend the rest of the time reminiscing via you tube
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:54 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:02 pm
I'd probably go and watch the odd non league game now and again and spend the rest of the time reminiscing via you tube

That's where I've been for some years, Harry, minus the YouTube viewing.

I'm happy attending the odd lower league game but honestly couldn't say when I last watched footie on the tele. I do know the last time I watched an England game David Beckham scored from the spot against Argentina!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:08 pm

Enoch wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:54 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:02 pm

That's where I've been for some years, Harry, minus the YouTube viewing.

I'm happy attending the odd lower league game but honestly couldn't say when I last watched footie on the tele. I do know the last time I watched an England game David Beckham scored from the spot against Argentina!

#metoo.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:59 pm

Instead of all this you could just do a poll on how old you all are. You know, save space on the internet.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:32 am

Kids eh!

I well remember when I knew everything.

:pissed:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:31 am

That's more than I can, Enoch. :oops:

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:04 am

Conversation at work yesterday:

Millennial: It was years ago.
Me: When?
Millennial: 2013.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:58 am

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:59 pm
Instead of all this you could just do a poll on how old you all are. You know, save space on the internet.
:lol: Ooh miaow!

Us older generations have passed the welfare and spirit of this club onto the next one. This disaster has happened on your watch!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:07 am

Not having that!

It's the 50-80 year olds (again). To blame for Trump, Brexit, Ken Anderson, everything.

All convinced themselves they fought in WWII.

We haven't got around to being in charge of anything yet. But an avocado that can't afford to get on the housing ladder would run the club better than Anderson.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:46 am

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:07 am
But an avocado that can't afford to get on the housing ladder would run the club better than Anderson.

Begs the question, when Davies decided to throw the club in the bin, why didn't one of those capable avocados pull it out and run it properly?

I imagine even a cash strapped house hunter can muster one pound sterling.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Not having that!

It's the 50-80 year olds (again). To blame for Trump, Brexit, Ken Anderson, everything.

We haven't got around to being in charge of anything yet. But an avocado that can't afford to get on the housing ladder would run the club better than Anderson.
Uhmmm? I wonder what those pesky 50-80 year olds gave the world, apart from Greenpeace, and rock concerts, and rock music, and Teflon, and punk music, and the United Nations, and the internet, and mobile phones, and black holes theory of, and Nelson Mandela, and transvestites, and Rubik's Cube, and Trivial Pursuit, and Only Fools and Horses, and Game of Thrones, postcodes, the Mini Cooper, miniskirts, and the moon landings, and the sperm we wasted producing the fxckin' ungrateful bunch of moaning 30-40 year olds... :grin:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:53 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:39 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Not having that!

Uhmmm? I wonder what those pesky 50-80 year olds gave the world, apart from Greenpeace, and rock concerts, and rock music, and Teflon, and punk music, and the United Nations, and the internet, and mobile phones, and black holes theory of, and Nelson Mandela, and transvestites, and Rubik's Cube, and Trivial Pursuit, and Only Fools and Horses, and Game of Thrones, postcodes, the Mini Cooper, miniskirts, and the moon landings, and the sperm we wasted producing the fxckin' ungrateful bunch of moaning 30-40 year olds... :grin:
It's just the national pastime of blame coming into play. Happened around the time Personnel departments became "Human Resources". All too easy, don't find a solution, find a victim. Delegation is the name of the game... :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:18 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Not having that!

A pedant (who'll be 53 tomorrow) feels the need to point out that Teflon is a brand name owned by The Chemours Company. The product / polymer's actually called Polytetrafluoroethylene (or PTFE to its mates ;) )
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:18 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Not having that!

A pedant (who'll be 53 tomorrow) feels the need to point out that Teflon is a brand name owned by The Chemours Company. The product / polymer's actually called Polytetrafluoroethylene (or PTFE to its mates ;) )
Excellent pedantry. Done with style as only a 50-80 year old could...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:25 pm

...was it Gold or Utah you landed on Bruce? :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:22 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Not having that!

I love a bit of pedantry but only when one knows what one's talking about, not when one's talking bollocks.

I do also enjoy folk talking bollocks but only when it's obvious one isn't spawning bullshit.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:47 pm

I love a bit of bullshit, but only when spread about to encourage growth of green shoots within the confines of the garden of pedantry
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:09 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:31 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Not having that!

I love a bit of pedantry but only when one knows what one's talking about, not when one's talking bollocks.

I do also enjoy folk talking bollocks but only when it's obvious one isn't spawning bullshit.
Are you suggesting I'm incorrect here, Enoch?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:25 pm
...was it Gold or Utah you landed on Bruce? :wink:
:lol:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:09 pm
Enoch wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:31 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Not having that!

Are you suggesting I'm incorrect here, Enoch?
Certainly not!

Just musing on the wider issue.