Forum use: How to add a photo, etc

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Forum use: How to add a photo, etc

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:11 am

As there have been questions recently. These are in Full Editor + Preview - I don't think you can add pics via Quick Reply.

ON DESKTOP:
Either: Click the white-writing-on-blue-background + attachments box under the main text-entry box. Then click the Add files box to find and select your image.

Or: If you can click and drag the picture (say from your desktop), you can do so straight into the main text-entry box. But make sure before you do that that your cursor is inside the text-entry box - if it's not, your browser might think you just want to view the picture in your browser window. (If this happens, fear not - your Back button should return you to your post-entry page.)

Either way, there should then be, underneath the "Add files" box, a pale-blue strip like this:
add file.png
add file.png (14.16 KiB) Viewed 945 times
Having made sure your cursor is in the place you want to put the pic, click Place inline. (If you have put the pic in the wrong place, you can cut-and-paste the code - the bit in square brackets starting and ending in "attachment" - to wherever you want in your post.)

ON PHONE:
Scroll down to the white-writing-on-blue-background + attachments box under the main text-entry box. Then click the Add files box to find and select your image.

At this point, it depends on your phone, and I've neither the knowledge nor the inclination to cover all possibilities. You'll need to find your Photo Library or whatever your phone/system calls it. (If you can't take/store/keep/find photos on your phone, you need more help than I can give in a forum post.) Select the pic you want. There should then be, underneath the "Add files" box, a pale-blue strip like this:
add file.png
add file.png (14.16 KiB) Viewed 945 times
Having made sure your cursor is in the place you want to put the pic, click Place inline. (If you have put the pic in the wrong place, you can cut-and-paste the code - the bit in square brackets starting and ending in "attachment" - to wherever you want in your post.)

Hope this helps. Happy to field further questions if I can.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Forum use: How to add a photo, etc

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:00 pm

Thanks for the guide.

I only have the two boxes: options, attachments.
I never get to "place inline" because whenever I select a picture, I get ERROR image too large to upload.

Never mind, I'll just have to paint pictures with words instead.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:00 pm
Thanks for the guide.

I never get to "place inline" because whenever I select a picture, I get ERROR image too large to upload.

That's interesting - yeah, I've had that too, but not very often. I don't know what the limit is (DJBlu might) but perhaps your phone takes gigapixel pictures (and screengrabs). You might be able to reduce the size but again we're wading into individual phone systems. Possibly worth a Google though.

Or just paint away. It's an estimated 1,000 words per picture... :D

(PS you only get the "Poll creation" box when starting a new topic)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:06 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:00 pm
Thanks for the guide.

That's interesting - yeah, I've had that too, but not very often. I don't know what the limit is (DJBlu might) but perhaps your phone takes gigapixel pictures (and screengrabs). You might be able to reduce the size but again we're wading into individual phone systems. Possibly worth a Google though.

Or just paint away. It's an estimated 1,000 words per picture... :D

(PS you only get the "Poll creation" box when starting a new topic)
My phone is too good! Never thought I'd hear that. I shall stick with word pictures until TW catches up with my level of technology...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:45 pm

I get the picture.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate