The next manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25397
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The next manager

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:10 pm

martinbwfc wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:49 pm
Announcement tonight or tomorrow, it's Hill and Flitcroft.
Sounds like it to me.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: The next manager

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:12 pm

Tomorrow and Monday will be interesting then.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The next manager

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:10 pm
Marc Iles Tweeting we are due to appoint the new manager much sooner that expected
... That'll be about October then. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10532
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Up above the streets and houses

Re: The next manager

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:27 pm

So, 48 hours then?
Businesswoman of the year.

martinbwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:03 pm

Re: The next manager

Post by martinbwfc » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:27 pm

Aye lots of activity tomorrow and Monday, wonder if Iles will be able to keep up.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8170
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: The next manager

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:37 pm

It’s Keith Hill.

martinbwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:03 pm

Re: The next manager

Post by martinbwfc » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:39 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:37 pm
It’s Keith Hill.
Told you that not half hour ago.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8170
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: The next manager

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:40 pm

martinbwfc wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:39 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:37 pm
It’s Keith Hill.
Told you that not half hour ago.
Cheers, well done 👍
Right little ITK club on here now isn’t there

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: The next manager

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:41 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:40 pm
martinbwfc wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:39 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:37 pm
It’s Keith Hill.
Told you that not half hour ago.
Cheers, well done 👍
Right little ITK club on here now isn’t there
It'll get to the point where we are all relatives of each other...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25397
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The next manager

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:42 pm

Wasn’t first choice for me but can see sense in it. And I’m right behind him. Welcome to Wanderers Keith!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19771
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The next manager

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:43 pm

Flitcroft (I assume David) as assistant? Two absolutely cracking accents in charge then, if nothing else.

Good luck lads!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: The next manager

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:46 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:41 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:40 pm
martinbwfc wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:39 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:37 pm
It’s Keith Hill.
Told you that not half hour ago.
Cheers, well done 👍
Right little ITK club on here now isn’t there
It'll get to the point where we are all relatives of each other...
:lol:

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: The next manager

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:43 pm
Flitcroft (I assume David) as assistant? Two absolutely cracking accents in charge then, if nothing else.

Good luck lads!
I'm hoping when asked what is asked of the season that he responds with it'll be reet.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6889
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: The next manager

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:10 pm

A sensible appointment. Very happy. Good luck chaps
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3519
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: The next manager

Post by malcd1 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:42 pm
Wasn’t first choice for me but can see sense in it. And I’m right behind him. Welcome to Wanderers Keith!

Yep. Where I am at.

Good luck boys.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2659
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:34 am

Re: The next manager

Post by jimbo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:39 pm

Knows the league inside out. Solid appointment. Pretty happy with that.
I was saying Boo-urns

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16677
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: The next manager

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:33 pm

Yep, it’s the sensible appointment for me. On the disconsolate way back to the car the Mighty Flanners put it in a very clear way: would any other League One club hire Nobby? Possibly not. Hill? Much more likely. I know there will be people disappointed we didn’t get Nobby but while we were perfect for him, I’m not sure he’d be perfect for us.

On we go. Very best of luck Keith. Also good that he’s got Flicker back as his sidekick. That’s a decent combo.

nicholaldo
Promising
Promising
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: The next manager

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:49 pm

He's a solid appointment and quite probably the best we could hope for in the circumstances.

The positives are that he knows the league well, has plenty of experience, and by most accounts, plays good football. Also, he apparently doesn't suffer fools and is keen on promoting young players. He does appear to be very sensitive to criticism, though, and his media performances are often, shall I say, unpolished. I worry that if results don't go in his favour for an extended period his public utterances might result in him creating further problems for himself, and therefore us.

That said, I'll be getting right behind him and I'm looking forward to properly finding out what he's made of.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: The next manager

Post by Jugs » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 pm

Not massivelyyyyy convinced by this one but obviously I'll back him.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: The next manager

Post by Jugs » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:33 pm
Yep, it’s the sensible appointment for me. On the disconsolate way back to the car the Mighty Flanners put it in a very clear way: would any other League One club hire Nobby? Possibly not. Hill? Much more likely. I know there will be people disappointed we didn’t get Nobby but while we were perfect for him, I’m not sure he’d be perfect for us.

On we go. Very best of luck Keith. Also good that he’s got Flicker back as his sidekick. That’s a decent combo.
TBF Wimbledon offered him the job last season. He turned it down.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest