Red Hats and One-eyed Snakes - the ups and downs of new management.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Red Hats and One-eyed Snakes - the ups and downs of new management.

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:01 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:57 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:49 pm
"48 hours"
YAY!!
Be reet.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:43 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:33 pm
If the EFL are struggling to ratify someone it must be bad. Dean Holdsworth and his pay day loan got through no bother.
Especially given that he's proclaiming £20m in the petty cash...
Plus that £1million his brothers PLC company are quite happy to lend him on the back of his name change and twice (thrice?) bankruptcy and directors ban. OH YAY I cannot wait for this clown to take us over. Ken’s parting shot I reckon. The massive Cnut (to borrow Bruce’s accurate terminology...)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:00 pm
Surely if Laughingstock Lawrie has the wherewithal then he doesn't need another 48 hours? Has Katastrophe Ken agreed to this? He was sounding all tough 24 hours ago, the MASSIVE c*nt.
They have some sort of contract between them, but unless it contained a means of exit for either party then it might not be c**t's call to just cancel, he might have to prove breach....

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:34 pm

A second date? Must be love.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:36 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:34 pm
A second date? Must be love.
Maybe Lawrence forgot the goose grease.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:25 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:00 pm
Surely if Laughingstock Lawrie has the wherewithal then he doesn't need another 48 hours? Has Katastrophe Ken agreed to this? He was sounding all tough 24 hours ago, the MASSIVE c*nt.
They have some sort of contract between them, but unless it contained a means of exit for either party then it might not be c**t's call to just cancel, he might have to prove breach....
Good speech.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:21 pm

Absolutely ludicrous outcome. 48hrs essentially takes us into Friday. The players aren't playing because they haven't been paid. That leaves one working day to sort everything out, with Forest and both sets of supporters not knowing if they have a game to put on until sometime towards the end of Friday.

Also one banking day. The money won't be in the players or staff accounts even if payment is sent Friday.

Shaun Harvey seems in the KA/LB league of clueless. What is he doing ratifying in February that there was enough money to get through the season when pretty much every bill was unpaid and KA expressing severe reluctance to pay that months wages, and he was stonewalling every takeover attempt? Why is he considering approving LB when he has failed to meet all deadlines, has a terrible history and there are others expressing interest? LB is the antithesis of fit and proper. And why give him most of the remaining working hours this week to do something he has failed to do in 2-3 weeks? Why not 24 hours max? Utter joke.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:30 pm

Sadly Spotty seems to have nailed it months ago - league gets over the finish line and we're domed (& on our own in a darkened room with these forkin footy fiddlers, 'now come and sit on yr uncles' knee, Lofty love').

Sorry - too dark?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:39 pm

FFS, EFL.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:44 pm

Seems like they're drawing it out even further unnecessarily. I have no faith that Bassini will deliver on time and I fear the worst for the club.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:50 pm

I can't see any way we're going to fulfill our last two fixtures now.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:03 pm

In the EFL's defence, they can only judge what's put in front of them. If they'd just ruled it out today, it's fairly apparent Anderson ain't stumping up wages, so they only have one horse to back...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:20 pm

Contracts of employment are drawn up between the players/staff and who? Somebody owes the money by law or the contracts are a joke. Way I see it, until K.A sells the club he's the employer and owes the money. Get it paid Ken and at least come out of it honestly. If only it were that simple....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:03 pm
In the EFL's defence, they can only judge what's put in front of them. If they'd just ruled it out today, it's fairly apparent Anderson ain't stumping up wages, so they only have one horse to back...
Surely the EFL's biggest priority is getting the Forest game on, then the Brentford game on, and complete the fixtures? It is clearly not ensuring that there are responsible people in charge of football clubs. Given that, I don't see how they could have produced a worse outcome?

If they say "no bugger off, you have had enough time" to Bassini, KA either has to put us into admin tomorrow or pay the wages himself. Either way there is a clear outcome, with time before the Forest game for a clear decision to be made by all parties.

If they give Bassini 24hrs, it would all go down on Thursday, which is cutting it very fine.

Giving him 48hrs with his track record over the last two weeks enures maximum uncertainty, and the biggest possibility of the Forest game not being played, precisely due to that uncertainty. No one at our club can know if the wages have been paid before the Forest game, unless Bassini produces the goods before the end of the 48hr deadline, or Anderson voluntarily stumps them up, which no one can truly believe will happen?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:20 pm
Contracts of employment are drawn up between the players/staff and who? Somebody owes the money by law or the contracts are a joke. Way I see it, until K.A sells the club he's the employer and owes the money. Get it paid Ken and at least come out of it honestly. If only it were that simple....
Between players/staff and whichever business they're contracted to. In this case, Burnden Leisure. Burnden Leisure either has no money (or whatever money they have is in frozen accounts). It's Burnden Leisure that owes them (players anyhow) ... Ken Anderson is not the employer.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:39 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:20 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:03 pm
Surely the EFL's biggest priority is getting the Forest game on, then the Brentford game on, and complete the fixtures? It is clearly not ensuring that there are responsible people in charge of football clubs. Given that, I don't see how they could have produced a worse outcome?

If they say "no bugger off, you have had enough time" to Bassini, KA either has to put us into admin tomorrow or pay the wages himself. Either way there is a clear outcome, with time before the Forest game for a clear decision to be made by all parties.

If they give Bassini 24hrs, it would all go down on Thursday, which is cutting it very fine.

Giving him 48hrs with his track record over the last two weeks enures maximum uncertainty, and the biggest possibility of the Forest game not being played, precisely due to that uncertainty. No one at our club can know if the wages have been paid before the Forest game, unless Bassini produces the goods before the end of the 48hr deadline, or Anderson voluntarily stumps them up, which no one can truly believe will happen?
I don't particularly disagree with what you're saying other than the scenario where Bassini might have been "nearly there", you'd think if he was a million miles adrift they wouldn't have cut him slack... My guess would be he was close enough to warrant the extra time (in their opinion)...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 01, 2019 12:00 am

Knowing Bassini's track record and the opinions held about him by his ex fans, it almost makes you doubt whether him losing out might be a good thing or no, especially if there are other options as K.A has hinted. Not fair to judge by appearances, but there something a wee bit discouraging about Bassini. I'd love to be completely wrong but he seems to be to football what Quasimodo was to noise abatement. ( No disrespect meant to the non-fictional Notre Dame). Like I said, I'd love to happily eat my words if wrong...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed May 01, 2019 3:22 am

Whatever the result of this disgraceful brouhaha in which BWFC followers have found themselves involved I shall still wear proudly the as yet unworn BWFC jacket (it's autumn here) that my daughter bought for me as a birthday present and which was imported from the club shop. It was not cheap (she inadvertently left the price tag attached). I have also a small BWFC pin that I attach occasionally to my apparel and which has elicited more than a few comments from those who noticed it.

As TANGO and others would shout, COYWM.

I think I might go to my bed, lie down, adopt a foetal position, and have a bloody good cry.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 01, 2019 6:43 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 12:00 am
Knowing Bassini's track record and the opinions held about him by his ex fans, it almost makes you doubt whether him losing out might be a good thing or no, especially if there are other options as K.A has hinted. Not fair to judge by appearances, but there something a wee bit discouraging about Bassini. I'd love to be completely wrong but he seems to be to football what Quasimodo was to noise abatement. ( No disrespect meant to the non-fictional Notre Dame). Like I said, I'd love to happily eat my words if wrong...
The other option is now administration. We might end up in admin regardless.

It’s so awful that it’s hard to know what is for the best. I’m inclined to agree with Worthy that the EFL has little choice - they had to give him some time. The thing is we don’t know what the issue is. They say he didn’t provide all the information required. That could be code for ‘doesn’t have the money’. Or it could be he doesn’t have a strong enough business plan yet or cannot account for origin of money with required documentation etc...

I do not think Bassini will ever be owner. I don’t think he will ultimately pass, but if the league said no, they know it’s admin or worse....thought position for them to be in. And had they not given Bassini extra time no doubt he’d be publicly blaming them for a famous old club sinking to the depths.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:03 am

Nixon wrote: Harvey claimed Anderson had been behind extension. So what’s going on here??