Red Hats and One-eyed Snakes - the ups and downs of new management.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Red Hats and One-eyed Snakes - the ups and downs of new management.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 01, 2019 9:22 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:03 am
Nixon wrote: Harvey claimed Anderson had been behind extension. So what’s going on here??
End of day, sounds like he'll be the only one winning anything (financially). Business is business and all that.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed May 01, 2019 10:00 am

Admin and failing to fulfil our fixtures; that’s some points deduction for next season!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 01, 2019 10:17 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:03 am
Nixon wrote: Harvey claimed Anderson had been behind extension. So what’s going on here??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 01, 2019 10:32 am

On talksport - Simon Jordan who described Bassini as "worse than Ken" had an offline conversation with him and now seems to think he's a "good un". But that Bassini shouldn't have promised to pay wages that he clearly couldn't - as he wasn't owner.

What a mess. Undertone of conversation between that nob head Jim White and Simon Jordan seems to be that they both think it is unlikely that Bassini has acceptable source of funds to convince the EFL. Also that they think Ken will push it into admin before he gets a further chance....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 01, 2019 10:41 am

You know, I'm beginning to think Simon Jordan might not be the most credible witness. Just a noise machine, sucking in oxygen and spurting out opinions. It's like a dripfed version of watching a drunk argue with himself.

"This is the worst guy ever!"
"No, this is the worst guy ever!"
"No, actually he's alright!"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 01, 2019 10:57 am

Only beginning to think Simon Jordan might not be the most credible?!?!?! :-)

We need to urgently contact Sir Dave Rich[ards] a Knight of the Realm, who's sadly not passed one comment so far. There is s distinct possibility that Bassini think's he's actually called Dave Rich and therefore he's rich.

Last night I was in the "must be close" camp otherwise why agree to a 48 hour extension. The other possibility is that he was nowhere fcuking near and they figured 48 hours would be tight enough to fcuk him off completely. Either way, the decision doesn't appear to move anything forwards and I guess me looking at a different spin makes me a drunk arguing with myself - at this hour too. Shocking.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 01, 2019 11:04 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:57 am

We need to urgently contact Sir Dave Rich[ards] a Knight of the Realm, who's sadly not passed one comment so far. There is s distinct possibility that Bassini think's he's actually called Dave Rich and therefore he's rich.

Last night I was in the "must be close" camp otherwise why agree to a 48 hour extension. The other possibility is that he was nowhere fcuking near and they figured 48 hours would be tight enough to fcuk him off completely. Either way, the decision doesn't appear to move anything forwards and I guess me looking at a different spin makes me a drunk arguing with myself - at this hour too. Shocking.
Ha! The Jordan thing was sarcasm.

Love the idea of Bassini's confusion. "Oi Sir Dave, are you related to Richie Rich?"

I really can't think of a positive for the 48hr thing. I know it's not as simple as some make out - "Have you got the money or not?" - and that the League is also in a cleft stick: either they're rigorous, which takes time, or they're not, for which they get pelters. They're also dealing with (IMO) two different types of, let's say, difficult characters in Ken and Loz. But this can-kicking just makes everything so damn tight - and does anybody really believe that come Thursday, all will suddenly be magically well?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 01, 2019 12:45 pm

Does Bassini call Rich 'Buddy'? :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed May 01, 2019 1:03 pm

Not fulfilling fixtures could well be fait accompli for the EFL - they can wash their hands of us with a clear conscience - we're so fckd.

Just one bleeding endless 'ledge beyond the edge' of can't possibly get any worse than this, straight after the other.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed May 01, 2019 1:07 pm

Nothing happens Thursday, Friday's too late for any action.
No game over weekend, court next week.
Toast.

Wonder what the league would look like with us expunged?
Please tell me pie eaters drop (just give me something, anything, to hold on to:)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 01, 2019 1:12 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:07 pm
Please tell me pie eaters drop (just give me something, anything, to hold on to:)
Nah. They'd drop to 45; so would QPR (worse GD); so would Reading (worse GD); Millwall would drop to 43; Rotherham to 39. And there'd only be two relegation spots (one being Ipswich). Sorry.

And I see Bury got promoted last night. Hmm.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed May 01, 2019 1:25 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:12 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:07 pm
Nah. They'd drop to 45; so would QPR (worse GD); so would Reading (worse GD); Millwall would drop to 43; Rotherham to 39. And there'd only be two relegation spots (one being Ipswich). Sorry.

And I see Bury got promoted last night. Hmm.
Bollocks - More ledges then :roll:
Still...
Erm.
Weather's pickin' up :conf:

Thanks DSB anyhow. Just made me realise, I haven't looked at the league in weeks.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed May 01, 2019 1:31 pm

right, last mard one from me.
If it is game over, out last ever match will be a defeat at stinkin' BR.

I can't bear it

(nurse, NURSE!)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:57 am

It appears the league said "for us to approve it you need X, Y and Z" and Bassini said "give me 48 hours".

Bassini said he was "hopeful" and "somewhat confident" afterwards that he could complete the deal. Which I reckon in his language means "if my numbers come up on the midweek lotto I might have a small chance".....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 01, 2019 3:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:48 pm
Bassini said he was "hopeful" and "somewhat confident"
Situation normal, then.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 01, 2019 3:57 pm

Wed May 01, 2019 3:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Situation normal, then.
What's normal?

My fear here is that the league will just say "we just enforce the rules". Ken will take action only once Bassini is a no. The two games that we need to fulfill before Thursday next week cannot in my view be played until something changes. I can only imagine the players would play if Bassini took over (though that is not happening) OR an administrator was appointed. But until then I can't see them playing.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 01, 2019 4:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:57 pm
Wed May 01, 2019 3:52 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Situation normal, then.
What's normal?

My fear here is that the league will just say "we just enforce the rules". Ken will take action only once Bassini is a no. The two games that we need to fulfill before Thursday next week cannot in my view be played until something changes. I can only imagine the players would play if Bassini took over (though that is not happening) OR an administrator was appointed. But until then I can't see them playing.
What's normal is that a swivel-eyed loon is "hopeful" and "confident" (but he's giving himself the caveat of "somewhat").

The League are a paper tiger but Ken's hiding behind them because even he doesn't wish to be seen as a puppy-drowner. He's probably disappointed Baz hasn't produced the bag of cash and may be hoping he still can. (After all, *something* made him change his mind about admin two weeks ago: presumably the promise of money.) Bassini is posturing and blaming everybody else for the fact he can't satisfactorily produce the money. Ken is blaming Bassini. Bassini is blaming Ken. The League are hopping about. Everyone is acting hard (ooh, a stiffly-worded press release) but doing nothing.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed May 01, 2019 4:58 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:20 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:03 pm
In the EFL's defence, they can only judge what's put in front of them. If they'd just ruled it out today, it's fairly apparent Anderson ain't stumping up wages, so they only have one horse to back...
Surely the EFL's biggest priority is getting the Forest game on, then the Brentford game on, and complete the fixtures? It is clearly not ensuring that there are responsible people in charge of football clubs. Given that, I don't see how they could have produced a worse outcome?

If they say "no bugger off, you have had enough time" to Bassini, KA either has to put us into admin tomorrow or pay the wages himself. Either way there is a clear outcome, with time before the Forest game for a clear decision to be made by all parties.

If they give Bassini 24hrs, it would all go down on Thursday, which is cutting it very fine.

Giving him 48hrs with his track record over the last two weeks enures maximum uncertainty, and the biggest possibility of the Forest game not being played, precisely due to that uncertainty. No one at our club can know if the wages have been paid before the Forest game, unless Bassini produces the goods before the end of the 48hr deadline, or Anderson voluntarily stumps them up, which no one can truly believe will happen?
To the EFL it no longer matters. The season will be complete.
The fact we haven't played two matches is immaterial. We were given the opportunity to play them and because we didn't we can be punished. But, but but but the EFL provided a season. No need to adjust games, fixtures, scores etc...
All's Well...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu May 02, 2019 10:59 am

Larry v Shaun round 2 is at 7.00pm this evening. Anyone got a stream?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 02, 2019 11:59 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:59 am
Larry v Shaun round 2 is at 7.00pm this evening. Anyone got a stream?
I think they're both capable of generating their own streams, tbf.