Bassini - A Watford viewpoint....

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

WatfordBurnsy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Bassini - A Watford viewpoint....

Post by WatfordBurnsy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi to you all,
I hope you don’t mind me infiltrating your forum but felt almost compelled to do so after watching Mr Bassini’s SSN interview.
I cannot speak too much about Ken Anderson. I don’t know all the ‘ins and outs’ of what he has done to your club, except from what I have read from on this forum. He sounds like a very unsavoury character indeed...

But what I can speak about is Laurence Bassini. And I will try and say nothing libellous but rather just what is known by us Watford fans, what had been proved by courts of law and the general outlook of the man by our fans.

He is simply not to be trusted. Can I say he will be worse than Anderson? No. Because I don’t know Anderson’s every action. But I can assuredly tell you he won’t be better. He’s no ‘white knight’, he’s not even a ‘grey knight’. He is 100% a very dark cloud waiting to loom over your club. Shaun Harvey is a disgrace to even allow him back in football. The man willingly took us to the wall and then complained when the club was forcibly taken from him to save its future.

Saying he’s had bids of £20m already? He said that to us. It was false.
Saying he had funds ready? False.
Shirts with names on? Done already.
Trying to sue directors? Done. Failed.
Had directors sue him? Done. Successful.

He didn’t ‘leave’ Watford ready for the PL. Don’t expect or even hope for the same for Bolton. My suspicion is that he is in this to somehow sell off the stadium and the land it’s on - if that’s possible.

And the last bit is merely just my opinion - but I feel sorry for him...to an extent. I believe he is ill. He’s a fantasist. And Anderson is playing him like a fiddle. But he literally has nothing to back up his claims. Why does he suddenly have a rich family which he didn’t have whilst at Watford? Why would his brother send him £1m at the drop of a hat when Bassini has been declared bankrupt twice? How has he managed to build up a supposed pot of millions so soon after being declared bankrupt? When he lost in court against 2 WFC directors, why did his rich family not bail him out then?

Too many questions, not enough answers.
I really feel for you. But Bassini is not the answer. And if you get him, I fear the worst.

He has no sense of care for your club. He said the same to us. No one believed him then and you’d be fools to now. You only have to google ‘Bassini texts Watford Observer’ to see the character of the man. He sent gloating texts to the local sports editor when we lost the playoff final wishing for the club’s demise. He quotes that your club has ‘wonderful people’. Believe me when I say he has none of your interests at heart. Or even in mind.

I don’t say this lightly and I know it’s easy to say after the event of being saved by our current owners and our subsequent success - but if they hadn’t come along, I would rather have gone to the wall and supported a new Phoenix iteration of Watford than support a Watford he was involved with. He’s that bad. There is nothing positive he will bring you.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bassini - A Watford viewpoint....

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:06 pm

Ta for that - I think we're pretty much in the same place as you folks. I personally keep coming back to the word "fruitloop".

As it happens, there isn't a single thing we can do other than watch it play out...

beakybee
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by beakybee » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Very insightful post.
Have to say the response so far saying nothing can be done ... !!! There is always something that can be done ?
So glad I'm not associated with Bolton and my heart is elsewhere
EFL have a lot of shortcomings here.

BTW ...when is our game going to be played ?!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:20 pm

WatfordBurnsy wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:48 pm
Hi to you all,
I hope you don’t mind me infiltrating your forum but felt almost compelled to do so after watching Mr Bassini’s SSN interview.
I cannot speak too much about Ken Anderson. I don’t know all the ‘ins and outs’ of what he has done to your club, except from what I have read from on this forum. He sounds like a very unsavoury character indeed...

But what I can speak about is Laurence Bassini. And I will try and say nothing libellous but rather just what is known by us Watford fans, what had been proved by courts of law and the general outlook of the man by our fans.

He is simply not to be trusted. Can I say he will be worse than Anderson? No. Because I don’t know Anderson’s every action. But I can assuredly tell you he won’t be better. He’s no ‘white knight’, he’s not even a ‘grey knight’. He is 100% a very dark cloud waiting to loom over your club. Shaun Harvey is a disgrace to even allow him back in football. The man willingly took us to the wall and then complained when the club was forcibly taken from him to save its future.

Saying he’s had bids of £20m already? He said that to us. It was false.
Saying he had funds ready? False.
Shirts with names on? Done already.
Trying to sue directors? Done. Failed.
Had directors sue him? Done. Successful.

He didn’t ‘leave’ Watford ready for the PL. Don’t expect or even hope for the same for Bolton. My suspicion is that he is in this to somehow sell off the stadium and the land it’s on - if that’s possible.

And the last bit is merely just my opinion - but I feel sorry for him...to an extent. I believe he is ill. He’s a fantasist. And Anderson is playing him like a fiddle. But he literally has nothing to back up his claims. Why does he suddenly have a rich family which he didn’t have whilst at Watford? Why would his brother send him £1m at the drop of a hat when Bassini has been declared bankrupt twice? How has he managed to build up a supposed pot of millions so soon after being declared bankrupt? When he lost in court against 2 WFC directors, why did his rich family not bail him out then?

Too many questions, not enough answers.
I really feel for you. But Bassini is not the answer. And if you get him, I fear the worst.

He has no sense of care for your club. He said the same to us. No one believed him then and you’d be fools to now. You only have to google ‘Bassini texts Watford Observer’ to see the character of the man. He sent gloating texts to the local sports editor when we lost the playoff final wishing for the club’s demise. He quotes that your club has ‘wonderful people’. Believe me when I say he has none of your interests at heart. Or even in mind.

I don’t say this lightly and I know it’s easy to say after the event of being saved by our current owners and our subsequent success - but if they hadn’t come along, I would rather have gone to the wall and supported a new Phoenix iteration of Watford than support a Watford he was involved with. He’s that bad. There is nothing positive he will bring you.
Thank you. I doubt he's going to be involved in our club. Anderson has given him until the end of today to come up with the money and I can't see that happening in the next couple of hours or so. Given their war of words over the weekend, I'd be extremely surprised if Kenny extended that deadline or compromised on the terms of the "in principle" deal. Even if he did, there's still the EFL hurdle to get over, though I get the impression that won't be particularly tricky even for someone with Bassini's track record.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:25 pm

beakybee wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:15 pm
Very insightful post.
Have to say the response so far saying nothing can be done ... !!! There is always something that can be done ?
So glad I'm not associated with Bolton and my heart is elsewhere
EFL have a lot of shortcomings here.

BTW ...when is our game going to be played ?!
Realistically there's little we can do at this stage. What would you suggest?

Current grapevine suggests game will be Wednesday - but I think people are seeing what pans out today - we might not be able to get safety certificate for Weds...