Onwards and Downwards: 2020 transfer speculation thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Onwards and Downwards: 2020 transfer speculation thread.

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:24 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:54 pm
How can playing in Scotland kick start anyone’s career?
It beats not playing?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:24 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:54 pm
How can playing in Scotland kick start anyone’s career?
It beats not playing?
Not sure 😂 Another one who should have gone to a championship club in my opinion!

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:00 pm

he likes a beer -- so a playing in a pub league should suit him perfectly
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Nixon claiming Norwich are going to spirit away young Dennis Politic for nowt.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:03 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:59 pm
We are going to be left with nowt. And rebuilding a whole side from whatever freebies and loans Cousins has managed to piece together.

To say next season is going to be (on the field) the worst in a long long long time is likely to be the biggest understatement in a long long time.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:15 pm

Heartening to see all our friends gathering round to support us. Gives one a warm glow.... :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:17 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:15 pm
Heartening to see all our friends gathering round to support us. Gives one a warm glow.... :|
I think the Romanians were on the other side in World War II... :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:17 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:15 pm
I think the Romanians were on the other side in World War II... :wink:
I was thinking more of Norwich Spots..... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:03 pm

If my understanding is correct, he's still signed to a professional contract with us. I haven't read any reports of him handing in his notice (which, admittedly, doesn't mean he hasn't), so if that's right he would presumably have to serve his notice period.

Now, I don't know if it's the case that players can hand their notice in and that's that, irrespective of whether they're paid in the interim or not, or if we have to pay players during the notice period in order for the contracts to remain valid. However, if it's the latter, then presumably he would either have been paid before the expiry of his notice period, in which case we can request a transfer fee, or we'll have been wound up and it all becomes an irrelevance anyway.

(Huge caveat to the above: it only applies if my understanding is correct)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:51 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:03 pm

If my understanding is correct, he's still signed to a professional contract with us. I haven't read any reports of him handing in his notice (which, admittedly, doesn't mean he hasn't), so if that's right he would presumably have to serve his notice period.

Now, I don't know if it's the case that players can hand their notice in and that's that, irrespective of whether they're paid in the interim or not, or if we have to pay players during the notice period in order for the contracts to remain valid. However, if it's the latter, then presumably he would either have been paid before the expiry of his notice period, in which case we can request a transfer fee, or we'll have been wound up and it all becomes an irrelevance anyway.

I thought (although it's all shrouded in mystery) that we'd also paid and were up to date with the youngsters' payments - that it was just the seniors who were currently missing out?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:51 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:03 pm

I thought (although it's all shrouded in mystery) that we'd also paid and were up to date with the youngsters' payments - that it was just the seniors who were currently missing out?
I'm not sure which youngsters we "paid" and to what extent. Under 18s perhaps?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Meanwhile, Nixon also says Billy Clarke is in on trial. He's a 31-year-old 5ft7in striker who's done the rounds in League One - we'd be the eighth club he'd represented at that level - including Parky's last two years at Bradford (13 in 36, then a worrying 4 in 29).

Not exactly a name to get the heart racing but at the moment we need players on a teamsheet. What a mess.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:58 pm

Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:06 pm
Meanwhile, Nixon also says Billy Clarke is in on trial. He's a 31-year-old 5ft7in striker who's done the rounds in League One - we'd be the eighth club he'd represented at that level - including Parky's last two years at Bradford (13 in 36, then a worrying 4 in 29).

Not exactly a name to get the heart racing but at the moment we need players on a teamsheet. What a mess.
5ft 7? He doesn't sound like a Parky type to me!

Heartening to know that we are definitely looking at potential new players. Worrying that we're now so poor we can't afford big lumps with poor scoring records, just short chaps who couldn't hit a fresians behind with a 5 stringed instrument
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:34 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:58 pm

Heartening to know that we are definitely looking at potential new players. Worrying that we're now so poor we can't afford big lumps with poor scoring records, just short chaps who couldn't hit a fresians behind with a 5 stringed instrument
Get the feeling that when we play our first game - and for some reason I'm confident we still will - it's not going to be so much of a Who's Who as a Who's He?

But! (and it's a big but!) If! (and it's a big if!) we can get admin cleared, we might start appealing to at least some decent players, on loan at least. If we make a fist of it on the pitch and prove ourselves off the pitch, January might see us improve our squad again. I'm not a hopeless optimist but neither am I ready to write off a season. Long way to go yet.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:34 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Get the feeling that when we play our first game - and for some reason I'm confident we still will - it's not going to be so much of a Who's Who as a Who's He?

But! (and it's a big but!) If! (and it's a big if!) we can get admin cleared, we might start appealing to at least some decent players, on loan at least. If we make a fist of it on the pitch and prove ourselves off the pitch, January might see us improve our squad again. I'm not a hopeless optimist but neither am I ready to write off a season. Long way to go yet.
'kinell DSB, that's the most gung-ho speech since Tango posted his last COYWM. You're not just a glass half full person, you're a raving I've still got a glass in my fist and I don't care if it has no bottom sort of person. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:40 pm
'kinell DSB, that's the most gung-ho speech since Tango posted his last COYWM. You're not just a glass half full person, you're a raving I've still got a glass in my fist and I don't care if it has no bottom sort of person. :D
Seen a lot of strange things in football. Read about a whole lot more.

I wouldn't back us for promotion, put it that way, but neither would I put money on relegation. I'm intrigued to see the bounce effect from the sheer relief around the place. I'm not sure I believe in miracles but I do believe in momentum.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:53 pm

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:43 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I wouldn't back us for promotion, put it that way, but neither would I put money on relegation. I'm intrigued to see the bounce effect from the sheer relief around the place. I'm not sure I believe in miracles but I do believe in MOMENTUM.
Now now, no politics on this thread...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:53 pm
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:43 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I wouldn't back us for promotion, put it that way, but neither would I put money on relegation. I'm intrigued to see the bounce effect from the sheer relief around the place. I'm not sure I believe in miracles but I do believe in MOMENTUM.
Now now, no politics on this thread...
He's a Scottish winger. Mo Mentum.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:11 pm

Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:02 pm
He's a Scottish winger. Mo Mentum.
:D
I think we'd be better signing his half brothers - Mo Shun, and V. Locity
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

DSB first team coach and Tango director of football. YHIHF! :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!