Onwards and Downwards: 2020 transfer speculation thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Onwards and Downwards: 2020 transfer speculation thread.

Post by LeverEnd » Sat May 11, 2019 7:03 pm

*Ps apart from Rob holding

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Rep: Onwards and Downwards: 2020 transfer speculation thread.

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 11, 2019 9:45 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:03 pm
Not seen much of him but we've lost many young players over the last decade and they've done bugger all. I'd love to see him develop with us but not sure it is as big a loss as some make out.
He’s a bloody good footballer and a Brentford or Preston would be commanding a few of £10 million. Losing for nowt or next to is an absolute EFL shaft.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat May 11, 2019 9:59 pm

If twitter is to be believed, then Vela will join Salford. They won the NL play off final today to gain promotion to Div 2 (at Wembley, in front of just 8,049).
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:10 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:59 pm
If twitter is to be believed, then Vela will join Salford. They won the NL play off final today to gain promotion to Div 2 (at Wembley, in front of just 8,049).

If this relates to the Marc Iles tweet about a certain Bolton midfielder joining Salford. I think he was talking about Dennis Politic who was on loan there this season. Josh Vela joked that they couldn't afford him.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:11 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:10 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:

If this relates to the Marc Iles tweet about a certain Bolton midfielder joining Salford. I think he was talking about Dennis Politic who was on loan there this season. Josh Vela joked that they couldn't afford him.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat May 11, 2019 11:32 pm

malcd1 wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:

Ah, I see. Though he meant Vela.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:50 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:32 pm
malcd1 wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:

Ah, I see. Though he meant Vela.

I could be wrong but that is what I presumed when I read it.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun May 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Politic is Romanian, not Salfordian, any more than Rob Holding is a Londoner.

Might need him ourselves.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:53 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:18 pm

I know Politic is Romanian. I was thinking he meant someone who had played for Salford.

I would be very surprised if Vela goes to Salford though. Marc Iles link or not. I think he will get better offers from Championship clubs.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:57 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 11:53 pm
Sun May 12, 2019 6:18 pm

I know Politic is Romanian. I was thinking he meant someone who had played for Salford. I probably should have read the tweet a bit more carefully.

I would be very surprised if Vela goes to Salford though. Marc Iles link or not. I think he will get better offers from Championship clubs.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Rep: Onwards and Downwards: 2020 transfer speculation thread.

Post by LeverEnd » Mon May 13, 2019 7:58 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:45 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:03 pm
Not seen much of him but we've lost many young players over the last decade and they've done bugger all. I'd love to see him develop with us but not sure it is as big a loss as some make out.
He’s a bloody good footballer and a Brentford or Preston would be commanding a few of £10 million. Losing for nowt or next to is an absolute EFL shaft.
I'll defer to the views of those who've watched him play then. I suppose you don't miss what you've not seen.
It's a shame that any young player in his position would see bwfc as a disaster they can't wait to get away from.

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Mon May 13, 2019 11:30 am

The Sun have Spurs down as favourites to sign Connell. I thought that there was a rule that the original club was entitled to a sell on clause for all future transfers, though I don't know the percentages involved.
If Spurs sell Connell to Barca in 5 years for £100 Mill we should be quids in.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue May 14, 2019 9:45 pm

Celtic favourites to sign youngster Ronan Darcy. Anyone seen him play? Chelsea also interested but they are affected by the 2 window ban
Pfffft.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed May 22, 2019 6:45 pm

Beevers to Peterborough according to our friend at the BN.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 22, 2019 8:06 pm

Most Championship clubs have now submitted their retained list, thereby also announcing which players are leaving at the end of their contracts. Assuming we're put under the usual rules of transfer embargo and not permitted to spend fees, these free-transfer players listed below are the market we'll be "shopping" in when we're eventually allowed to start building again. (I'll do the League One list when I can be arsed.)

So, in lieu of anything else to do but wait, which of these players (realistically) would you be trying to bag? I'm surprised Millwall are junking Jordan Archer, who always impressed me, but then they preferred Ben Amos so either they're mad or he's bad. Also at Millwall, Heywood lad Ryan Tunnicliffe (ex rags, Bury and Wigan) would presumably consider us, although whether we'd consider him is another thing. But, again, beggars and choosers...

ASTON VILLA tba
BIRMINGHAM Tomasz Kuszczak, Greg Stewart, Cheikh Ndoye
BRENTFORD Yoann Barbet, Lewis Macleod, Josh McEachran, Jack Bonham, Moses Odubajo
BRISTOL CITY Frank Fielding, Eros Pisano
DERBY tba
HULL Ondrej Mazuch, Callum Burton, Adam Curry, Evandro, Will Keane, James Weir, Liam Ridgewell
IPSWICH Dean Gerken, Jordan Spence, Grant Ward, Tom Adeyemi, Simon Dawkins, Jonas Knudsen, James Collins
LEEDS tba
BORO tba
MILLWALL Jordan Archer, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Sid Nelson, Conor McLaughlin, Tom King
NORWICH Steven Naismith, Matt Jarvis, Yanic Wildschut
FOREST Jamie Ward, Stephen Henderson
PRESTON Andy Boyle, Ben Pringle, Marnick Vermijl, Michael Howard, Tom Stead, Tommy Spurr
QPR Alex Baptiste (!), Jake Bidwell, Jordan Cousins, Joel Lynch, Pawel Wszolek
READING Paul McShane, Anssi Jaakkola, Joey van den Berg, George Legg, Danzell Gravenberch, Callum Harriott
ROTHERHAM David Ball, Dominic Ball, Darren Potter, Alex Bray, Emmanuel Onariase
SHEFF U Paul Coutts, Martin Cranie, Conor Washington, Daniel Lafferty, Caolan Lavery (also transfer-listed seven contracted players: Leon Clarke, Jake Wright, Ched Evans, Samir Carruthers, Nathan Thomas, Ben Heneghan and Ricky Holmes)
SHEFF WED George Boyd, Gary Hooper, Almen Abdi, David Jones, Marco Matias, Daniel Pudil
STOKE Charlie Adam, Darren Fletcher, Jakob Haugaard
SWANSEA Wilfried Bony, Leroy Fer, Martin Olsson, Luciano Narsingh, Wayne Routledge
WBA tba
WIGGIN tba

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 22, 2019 9:07 pm

^ a few big names and formerly big transfer purchases in that lot.

For me; Tunnicliffe, David Ball at Rotherham, Pringle at PNE, Ched Evans and Baptiste on the understanding we played him in his correct position for once!

God knows if we could afford the wages of the last 4.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Thu May 23, 2019 5:12 am

One we've missed? Sam Allardyce, an old style centre half, has moved from Bury to Oxford. He's Big Sam's grandson. Does that make anyone feel a bit older knowing that?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 23, 2019 8:01 am

piesrus wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:12 am
One we've missed? Sam Allardyce, an old style centre half, has moved from Bury to Oxford. He's Big Sam's grandson. Does that make anyone feel a bit older knowing that?
Not as old as knowing that Shaun Wright-Phillips’ son - and therefore Ian Wright’s grandson, name of D’Margio Wright-Phillips - has been training, aged 16, with Man City’s first team...

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu May 23, 2019 8:32 am

Mceachren released by Brentford. I remember him being the next big thing at Chelsea.

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Thu May 23, 2019 8:58 am

Wed May 22, 2019 8:06 pm
Most Championship clubs have now submitted their retained list, thereby also announcing which players are leaving at the end of their contracts. Assuming we're put under the usual rules of transfer embargo and not permitted to spend fees, these free-transfer players listed below are the market we'll be "shopping" in when we're eventually allowed to start building again. (I'll do the League One list when I can be arsed.)

So, in lieu of anything else to do but wait, which of these players (realistically) would you be trying to bag? I'm surprised Millwall are junking Jordan Archer, who always impressed me, but then they preferred Ben Amos so either they're mad or he's bad. Also at Millwall, Heywood lad Ryan Tunnicliffe (ex rags, Bury and Wigan) would presumably consider us, although whether we'd consider him is another thing. But, again, beggars and choosers...

ASTON VILLA tba
BIRMINGHAM Tomasz Kuszczak, Greg Stewart, Cheikh Ndoye
BRENTFORD Yoann Barbet, Lewis Macleod, Josh McEachran, Jack Bonham, Moses Odubajo
BRISTOL CITY Frank Fielding, Eros Pisano
DERBY tba
HULL Ondrej Mazuch, Callum Burton, Adam Curry, Evandro, Will Keane, James Weir, Liam Ridgewell
IPSWICH Dean Gerken, Jordan Spence, Grant Ward, Tom Adeyemi, Simon Dawkins, Jonas Knudsen, James Collins
LEEDS tba
BORO tba
MILLWALL Jordan Archer, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Sid Nelson, Conor McLaughlin, Tom King
NORWICH Steven Naismith, Matt Jarvis, Yanic Wildschut
FOREST Jamie Ward, Stephen Henderson
PRESTON Andy Boyle, Ben Pringle, Marnick Vermijl, Michael Howard, Tom Stead, Tommy Spurr
QPR Alex Baptiste (!), Jake Bidwell, Jordan Cousins, Joel Lynch, Pawel Wszolek
READING Paul McShane, Anssi Jaakkola, Joey van den Berg, George Legg, Danzell Gravenberch, Callum Harriott
ROTHERHAM David Ball, Dominic Ball, Darren Potter, Alex Bray, Emmanuel Onariase
SHEFF U Paul Coutts, Martin Cranie, Conor Washington, Daniel Lafferty, Caolan Lavery (also transfer-listed seven contracted players: Leon Clarke, Jake Wright, Ched Evans, Samir Carruthers, Nathan Thomas, Ben Heneghan and Ricky Holmes)
SHEFF WED George Boyd, Gary Hooper, Almen Abdi, David Jones, Marco Matias, Daniel Pudil
STOKE Charlie Adam, Darren Fletcher, Jakob Haugaard
SWANSEA Wilfried Bony, Leroy Fer, Martin Olsson, Luciano Narsingh, Wayne Routledge
WBA tba
WIGGIN tba
A pair of Balls available from Rotherham. No need to grow a pair, just sign for free.