Onwards and Downwards: 2020 transfer speculation thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Onwards and Downwards: 2020 transfer speculation thread.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 23, 2019 9:42 am

piesrus wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:58 am
A pair of Balls available from Rotherham. No need to grow a pair, just sign for free.
:lol:
Perhaps we could team them up with Ferencvaros anchorman Julian Koch.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 23, 2019 10:07 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:42 am
piesrus wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:58 am
A pair of Balls available from Rotherham. No need to grow a pair, just sign for free.
:lol:
Perhaps we could team them up with Ferencvaros anchorman Julian Koch.
Perhaps then "Leroy Fer Balls and Wilfred Bony Koch".

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Thu May 23, 2019 11:47 pm

Good news! We may have a skeleton squad after all.

Luca Connell, Ronan Darcy (W), Jordan Boon (CB) and Eddie Brown (ST) have all signed on for another year

Ben Alnwick, Remi Matthews, Jason Lowe, Luke Murphy, Josh Magennis and Erhun Oztumer are expected to stay at Bolton unless they seek to have their deal terminated mutually.

GK: Alnwick, Matthews, Turner?
RB: Brockbank?
CB: Boon
LB: Chiori ?
DM: Lowe, Connell, Murphy,
AM: Pritchard?, Earing?
RW: Darcy
LW: Oztumer
ST: Magennis, Brown

Could probably stave off relegation with that lot
What could've happened; did.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 24, 2019 8:33 am

mullayo wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:47 pm

Luca Connell, Ronan Darcy (W), Jordan Boon (CB) and Eddie Brown (ST) have all signed on for another year

Ben Alnwick, Remi Matthews, Jason Lowe, Luke Murphy, Josh Magennis and Erhun Oztumer are expected to stay at Bolton unless they seek to have their deal terminated mutually.

Not without significant additions.

I also think its highly unlikely that Connell will be here. See his comments about his agent "sorting his future out soon".

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri May 24, 2019 9:45 am

Really going to be interesting who take on our leavers.

Hearing the likes of Peterborough in for Beevers.

I know we are no better but maybe it will hit home to both the fans and the players that they aren't as good as they thought.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri May 24, 2019 9:50 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:33 am
mullayo wrote:

I also think its highly unlikely that Connell will be here. See his comments about his agent "sorting his future out soon".
Administrators have made the decision to extend the contracts as they know they are valuable assets. It will be on the new owners to sort their contracts out.

I think we need to wait for the sale before worrying about youngsters leaving.

That said.. Otzumer and Connel with Jason Lowe mopping up behind doesn't sound that bad.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 24, 2019 10:13 am

Well, it's been confirmed that the immovable object has moved.

Beevers completes transfer to Peterborough.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 24, 2019 10:20 am

DJBlu wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:50 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:33 am
mullayo wrote:

Administrators have made the decision to extend the contracts as they know they are valuable assets. It will be on the new owners to sort their contracts out.

I think we need to wait for the sale before worrying about youngsters leaving.

That said.. Otzumer and Connel with Jason Lowe mopping up behind doesn't sound that bad.
The contracts had an automatic option for another year on scholarship...I think all it does is add a few hundred thousand to the fee. Perhaps new owners can intervene and persuade him to stay but his comments on Wednesday on his way to Ireland very much suggested he was likely to go to me.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 24, 2019 10:20 am

Fri May 24, 2019 10:13 am
Well, it's been confirmed that the immovable object has moved.

Its a shame for me. One of our better players these last 3 years. Will be a big miss.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 24, 2019 10:32 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:20 am
Its a shame for me. One of our better players these last 3 years. Will be a big miss.
I agree he's been solid, even if the Wheavers partnership was always susceptible to pace and direct running, and frequently outclassed in the second tier. Pair him with a whippet and he might be alright in that division, but I note he's not gone there. Good luck to him except against us.

As for us, I suspect Big Dave will still be around next year so this is part of the reboot.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 24, 2019 10:50 am

Fri May 24, 2019 10:32 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:20 am
I agree he's been solid, even if the Wheavers partnership was always susceptible to pace and direct running, and frequently outclassed in the second tier. Pair him with a whippet and he might be alright in that division, but I note he's not gone there. Good luck to him except against us.

As for us, I suspect Big Dave will still be around next year so this is part of the reboot.
Hope so, but I'm far from certain.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 24, 2019 11:00 am

BWFCi wrote:
DSB wrote:I suspect Big Dave will still be around next year
Hope so, but I'm far from certain.
Oh, I'm not certain at all. But as with Beevers, I suspect his only (other) offers will come from third-tier teams, so he won't move for ambition. Furthermore, the Wheaters seem very settled and happy in Bolton: see various social posts from Dave and Laura, not to mention Dave's quote after the Forest 3-2 when he said he was thinking about the need to move the kids if we went down. I suspect they would dearly love a contract extension; he's proved before he'll hang around to get one (in Parky/Anderson's first summer); he's well-regarded at the club; it would be continuity; it's hardly like we're swimming in options, what with summer rolling on and our embargo presumably limiting us to free transfers.

Against that, obviously, is financial uncertainty. But any new owner will presumably have enough to give him a year, and I suspect it will be in all parties' interest to do so.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri May 24, 2019 11:12 am

Beevers was one of the ringleaders in the none playing protest wasn’t he? So if/when we get a further points deduction he will benefit at a league rival.

As much as I sympathise re the Ken situation, that does leave a bit of a raw feeling. Most of these players who caused the issue won’t be here to face up to it...I might be unpopular but he won’t be getting a round of applause from me. feck em, BWFC get my support.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri May 24, 2019 1:11 pm

^ I know what you mean Dibble but I tend not to agree. The players had put up with a lot of messing around and in the end had to make a stand imo.

3 seasons ago he was an excellent league 1 player and it was a surprise to me how quickly he floundered at championship level. I think he's a good fit for Peterborough right now and he'll get my applause when he returns
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun May 26, 2019 11:40 am

Start with younger players, build from that. Keeping Joe Muscatt and Harry Brockbank would be essential. Add Sam Stubbs (CB) and Nat Phillips(CB) with Wheats here to add experience.
Pfffft.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:05 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:40 am
Start with younger players, build from that. Keeping Joe Muscatt and Harry Brockbank would be essential. Add Sam Stubbs (CB) and Nat Phillips(CB) with Wheats here to add experience.
didn't Nat Phillips jump ship a couple of years back and joined Liverpool ??
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue May 28, 2019 10:27 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:05 pm
TKIZ! wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:40 am
didn't Nat Phillips jump ship a couple of years back and joined Liverpool ??
Sort of. He was released by BWFC and he comes with a decent reputation at Liverpool. He is also out of contract there
Pfffft.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Wed May 22, 2019 8:06 pm
Most Championship clubs have now submitted their retained list, thereby also announcing which players are leaving at the end of their contracts. Assuming we're put under the usual rules of transfer embargo and not permitted to spend fees, these free-transfer players listed below are the market we'll be "shopping" in when we're eventually allowed to start building again. (I'll do the League One list when I can be arsed.)

So, in lieu of anything else to do but wait, which of these players (realistically) would you be trying to bag? I'm surprised Millwall are junking Jordan Archer, who always impressed me, but then they preferred Ben Amos so either they're mad or he's bad. Also at Millwall, Heywood lad Ryan Tunnicliffe (ex rags, Bury and Wigan) would presumably consider us, although whether we'd consider him is another thing. But, again, beggars and choosers...

ASTON VILLA tba
BIRMINGHAM Tomasz Kuszczak, Greg Stewart, Cheikh Ndoye
BRENTFORD Yoann Barbet, Lewis Macleod, Josh McEachran, Jack Bonham, Moses Odubajo
BRISTOL CITY Frank Fielding, Eros Pisano
DERBY tba
HULL Ondrej Mazuch, Callum Burton, Adam Curry, Evandro, Will Keane, James Weir, Liam Ridgewell
IPSWICH Dean Gerken, Jordan Spence, Grant Ward, Tom Adeyemi, Simon Dawkins, Jonas Knudsen, James Collins
LEEDS tba
BORO tba
MILLWALL Jordan Archer, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Sid Nelson, Conor McLaughlin, Tom King
NORWICH Steven Naismith, Matt Jarvis, Yanic Wildschut
FOREST Jamie Ward, Stephen Henderson
PRESTON Andy Boyle, Ben Pringle, Marnick Vermijl, Michael Howard, Tom Stead, Tommy Spurr
QPR Alex Baptiste (!), Jake Bidwell, Jordan Cousins, Joel Lynch, Pawel Wszolek
READING Paul McShane, Anssi Jaakkola, Joey van den Berg, George Legg, Danzell Gravenberch, Callum Harriott
ROTHERHAM David Ball, Dominic Ball, Darren Potter, Alex Bray, Emmanuel Onariase
SHEFF U Paul Coutts, Martin Cranie, Conor Washington, Daniel Lafferty, Caolan Lavery (also transfer-listed seven contracted players: Leon Clarke, Jake Wright, Ched Evans, Samir Carruthers, Nathan Thomas, Ben Heneghan and Ricky Holmes)
SHEFF WED George Boyd, Gary Hooper, Almen Abdi, David Jones, Marco Matias, Daniel Pudil
STOKE Charlie Adam, Darren Fletcher, Jakob Haugaard
SWANSEA Wilfried Bony, Leroy Fer, Martin Olsson, Luciano Narsingh, Wayne Routledge
WBA tba
WIGGIN tba
Said I'd get round to League One releasees, so here it is.

Missed this interesting fact: "The transfer deadline for League One and League Two clubs will be extended into September. Teams in the third and fourth tiers have until 17:00 on Monday, 2 September to register permanent or loan deals. However, Championship clubs must still complete their transfer business by the same time on Thursday, 8 August, before the start of the Premier League season." https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48255312

Hopefully by early August we’ll have go-ahead new owners, a sparky new manager and a feelgood factor... Anyway, here’s the freebies released by League One clubs, including former fancy Josh Morris (still only 27...) and one club releasing three ex-Wanderers...

AFC WIMBLEDON Tom Soares, Andy Barcham, Deji Oshilaja, Joe McDonnell, Alfie Egan, Osaze Urhoghide, James O'Halloran, Kane Crichlow
ACCRINGTON Danny Williams, Will Wood and Liam Nolan
BARNSLEY Lloyd Isgrove, Zeki Fryers, Adam Jackson
BLACKPOOL Max Clayton, Mark Cullen, Donervon Daniels, Chris Long, John O’Sullivan, Scott Quigley, Fin Sinclair-Smith, Chris Taylor
BRADFORD Paul Caddis, Adam Chicksen, Billy Clarke, Alex Jones, Nat Knight-Percival, Ryan McGowan, Ben Wilson, Calum Wood
BRISTOL ROVERS Chris Lines, Adam Smith, Sam Slocombe, Daniel Leadbitter, Alfie Clarke, Stuart Sinclair (since signed by Walsall), Connor Jones, Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist, James Spruce
BURTON Damien McCrory, Harry Campbell, Will Miller and Kyle McFadzean
CHARLTON tba
COVENTRY Lee Burge, Liam O'Brien, Jack Grimmer, Tom Davies, Tony Andreu, Chris Camwell, Reece Ford, Billy Stedman, Stuart Beavon
DONCASTER Marko Marosi, Alfie Beestin, Tyler Garratt, Luke McCullough, Liam Mandeville
FLEETWOOD Ryan Taylor, Paul Jones, James Wallace, Joe Maguire
GILLINGHAM Luke O'Neill, Alex Lacey, Billy Bingham, Ryan Huckle, Tom Hadler, Louie Catherall (Tom Eaves is out of contract but not released: they’ve offered him terms, but likely to go to Champo)
LUTON Alan McCormack, Luke Gambin, Jack Senior, Aaron Jarvis, Jack James
OXFORD Scott Shearer, Charlie Raglan, Fiacre Kelleher, Jon Obika, Jonte Smith
PETERBOROUGH Ryan Tafazolli, Lewis Freestone, Morgan Penfold, Darren Lyon
PLYMOUTH Jamie Ness, Lionel Ainsworth, Paul Anderson
PORTSMOUTH Dion Donohue, Dan Smith
ROCHDALE Bradden Inman, Jordan Williams
SCUNTHORPE Josh Morris, Byron Webster, Jonathan Flatt
SHREWSBURY Mat Sadler, Doug Loft, John McAtee, George Hughes, Christos Shelis
SOUTHEND Michael Turner, Ben Coker, Amadou Ba, Josh Bexon, Norman Wabo, Renei Batlokwa, Stephen Hendrie, Ted Smith
SUNDERLAND tba
WALSALL Joe Edwards, Kieron Morris, Luke Leahy, Jon Guthrie, Zeli Ismail, Chris Dunn, Jordon Sangha, Tobias Hayles-Docherty, Isaiah Osbourne, Cameron Peters, Omar Mussa
WYCOMBE Marcus Bean, Paris Cowan-Hall, Michael Harriman, Darius Charles, Yves Ma-Kalambay, Nathan Tyson

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed May 29, 2019 2:04 pm

If there was an Oscar category for longest post, I'd obviously have to nominate that one! :wink:
Do you suffer from thumbache?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:04 pm
If there was an Oscar category for longest post, I'd obviously have to nominate that one! :wink:
Do you suffer from thumbache?
I'm on a computermabob