Thoughts going forward?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

newbwfc1874
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 3:55 pm

Thoughts going forward?

Post by newbwfc1874 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:21 pm

I think we all know the situation of our beloved Wanderers, and something that has gone on for the last couple of years. I remember living so many fantastic memories at Burden Park, and then our UEFA Cup days at Bayern Munich and more. The players over the years, some unbelievably talented footballers, and megastars.

What does it all come down to now? Administration and possibly liquidation.

When do we say enough is enough? Football is in most of our blood, and this is our club. Although many will stick by the club through thick and thin, we also want to be entertained, and enjoy football as it should be.

I am writing this with a serious head, some will shoot me down, but its time to act, and we need to take BWFC forward.

I've had various conversations in anticipation of what may come, and have the paperwork waiting to place with the Lancashire FA. I have also ear-marked potential grounds to ground share.

Let us fans take control of our beloved Bolton, under a different name. Various clubs have done the same, some successfully, and some like FC United who have recently been relegated, but the fans are all part of the club.

A fan owned club is a great way to give the fans hope, and something to look forward to. Watching great football, whilst paying so much less then these greedy owners make us pay. I would love to hear your thoughts as I know plenty of fans who are a little like me, tired of all this carrying on, and making a mockery of our club.

We might have a new name, but will still be part of the BWFC history as we know it.

Thoughts?

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3909
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by DJBlu » Wed May 08, 2019 4:26 pm

If this is Ken Anderson asking for fans thoughts on liquidation and a new club name then do one.

If not then, administration as the club has a deep rooted history with the town and deserves to be saved.

newbwfc1874
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 3:55 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by newbwfc1874 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Ken Anderson, I feel abused.

Of course we want Bolton to survive, but what are the chances seriously?

FC United support both them and Man Utd, can work exactly the same.

Football is so overpriced these days and for what? If Bolton survives, best case scenario. In the meantime we can setup a phoenix club that's ran by the supporters.

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:11 pm
Location: Naklua, Thailand

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by piesrus » Wed May 08, 2019 5:21 pm

Could be fat Larry.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3909
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by DJBlu » Wed May 08, 2019 5:32 pm

newbwfc1874 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:18 pm
Ken Anderson, I feel abused.

Of course we want Bolton to survive, but what are the chances seriously?

FC United support both them and Man Utd, can work exactly the same.

Football is so overpriced these days and for what? If Bolton survives, best case scenario. In the meantime we can setup a phoenix club that's ran by the supporters.
Phoenix club in Bolton?

Now you are taking the piss.

I don't suppose the 1st thing on the agenda would be to start a new club and I reckon it would be a decent shout. Just hope we don't have to.

newbwfc1874
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 3:55 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by newbwfc1874 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:39 pm

Haha just reading that back, Phoenix Club in Bolton, haha!

You know what I mean, but I like that, kinda catchy! Welcome to the Phoenix Club.

This is what this post was about, to get fans opinions. With Bolton being one of the founder members many, many years ago we have such a rich history. That will always be with every single one of us, no matter what age.

I don't think any Bolton fan would ever want the club to fold, if they do they ain't a real/proper fan. The purpose of this was to play devils advocate and see what fans would want to see should the worse case scenario plays out. I'm sure we would all want a club to support, but a phoenix type club could run alongside. What I would hate to happen is no Bolton next season, that would be heart-breaking, but with all this going on, I think some happy news for once could be what the doctor ordered.

The club alongside could even eventually play out to be a feeder should BWFC continue making history, then on away games, for those who don't travel away can support their second BWFC team. We hope a new BWFC will never become the fans number one club, but it would be there should the worse happen.

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:03 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Wed May 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Let’s do what Portsmouth did. They had it worse than us and managed to bounce back with the fans owning the club. I’m sure we can do the same if not better.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25837
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 08, 2019 6:22 pm

Worst thread ever.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20001
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 08, 2019 6:34 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:32 pm
newbwfc1874 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:18 pm
Ken Anderson, I feel abused.

Of course we want Bolton to survive, but what are the chances seriously?

FC United support both them and Man Utd, can work exactly the same.

Football is so overpriced these days and for what? If Bolton survives, best case scenario. In the meantime we can setup a phoenix club that's ran by the supporters.
Phoenix club in Bolton?

Now you are taking the piss.


I don't suppose the 1st thing on the agenda would be to start a new club and I reckon it would be a decent shout. Just hope we don't have to.

:lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23253
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Can we get that woman with the ping pong balls doing the half time show?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8151
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by LeverEnd » Wed May 08, 2019 7:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:54 pm
Can we get that woman with the ping pong balls doing the half time show?
She only had four!
...

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38459
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 08, 2019 7:36 pm

I've supported Bolton Wanderers for seventy years. I'll exit still doing that come what may.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23253
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 08, 2019 7:41 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:10 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:54 pm
Can we get that woman with the ping pong balls doing the half time show?
She only had four!
Right so she get's 10 points for hitting each corner flag from the centre circle!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7153
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 08, 2019 8:05 pm

The club in its current guise is still going and hopefully always will. I'll be getting season tickets again next season and trying to get to about a dozen aways.

If the club ever ceased to exist then I'd throw my weight behind any new outfit as I'm sure most Wanderers fans would
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8504
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed May 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Might as well go support Chorley. Whatever a new club is called, or wherever it is based, it wouldn't be Wanderers. For me it'd be the equivalent of a Disney club.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25837
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:12 pm
Might as well go support Chorley. Whatever a new club is called, or wherever it is based, it wouldn't be Wanderers. For me it'd be the equivalent of a Disney club.
Yep. If we disappeared I’d give football up I think.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8151
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by LeverEnd » Wed May 08, 2019 11:18 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:06 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:12 pm
Might as well go support Chorley. Whatever a new club is called, or wherever it is based, it wouldn't be Wanderers. For me it'd be the equivalent of a Disney club.
Yep. If we disappeared I’d give football up I think.
I disagree. Same fans (minus a lot obviously), same town and probably the same stadium. What else are they going to do with it?
A football club's identity is not decided in Companies House. Does anyone really think Rangers ceased to exist in 2012 and that the current entity is an entirely new club?
It would be a disaster if it happened, but what happened next would be an adventure and one I'd embrace.
...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20001
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 08, 2019 11:39 pm

I'm the same. No interest in any spin off FC United type thing. But if the club went bust and we had to reform. That would still be the Wanderers to me, and I'd still support them.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by Martin_Cruise » Thu May 09, 2019 8:26 am

It's too early yet, if BWFC were liquidated i would defintely follow the new Bolton town club but i doubt there is the interest in a rival club if BWFC survive.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8503
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Thoughts going forward?

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 09, 2019 9:07 am

I wouldn’t be making a two hour round trip to watch northern premier league or equivalent.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests