How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

How many?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:58 pm

None
0
No votes
Less than 12
1
3%
12
14
39%
More than 12
21
58%
 
Total votes: 36

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23086
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 14, 2019 3:20 pm

I reckon 35, when they uncover what's been going on (like they did at Luton) and because we're Bolton and just so news outlets can used the word "unprecedented".

Might get some "internet legs" for this one!

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38213
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 14, 2019 3:21 pm

When you think about it, clubs aren't run by managers and teams anymore. Hedge fund managers, investors, money launderers, greed mad agents, bookies and the lot that Jesus threw out of the temple, the money-lenders are all priorities over a simple game of football. Oh for the simple days of Bolton Wanderers Nil playing Bury, Preston and Tranmere without world war III in the background. What's football got to do with it?
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19869
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Got to do with it (got to do with it)
Whaaaaats football, but a second hand emooootion.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3720
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by DJBlu » Wed May 15, 2019 9:13 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:44 pm
Got to do with it (got to do with it)
Whaaaaats football, but a second hand emooootion.
:pray:

TonyDomingos
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1947
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:10 pm
What ever score the UK achieves in next week's Eurovision is the number of points we'll have deducted.
Fxckin'ell! You're optimistic!!!

16 points.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun May 19, 2019 1:01 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:10 pm
What ever score the UK achieves in next week's Eurovision is the number of points we'll have deducted.
Fxckin'ell! You're optimistic!!!

16 points.
Ummmm, divination by Eurovision points. Better than chicken entrails.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:12 am
Location: Shivering in the Shaky Isles Godzone NZ

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by mullayo » Mon May 20, 2019 2:44 am

I put 12 points it seems to be stock standard and does the job of stuffing you up for the season

SOOOOO promotion is pretty much out of the picture...
but how real is the danger of 'doing a Leeds' with another relegation?

Sunderland did it and were a lot bigger than us

We have a 1 or 2 players and -12 points...
What could've happened; did.

nelson66
Promising
Promising
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by nelson66 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:56 am

seems such a cruel punishment on the fans -- a whole season paying the price of the previous regimes mistakes
next season could be soul destroying
The EFL could do us all a favour - just dump us down into league two with no point deduction
At least we would have something to play for
The Whites Are Going Up 2020 :pissed: :grin:

Super Dave
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 11:07 am

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by Super Dave » Mon May 20, 2019 11:35 am

mullayo wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:44 am
I put 12 points it seems to be stock standard and does the job of stuffing you up for the season

SOOOOO promotion is pretty much out of the picture...
but how real is the danger of 'doing a Leeds' with another relegation?

Sunderland did it and were a lot bigger than us

We have a 1 or 2 players and -12 points...
When Leeds went down to League 1 with a -15 point deduction they managed to turn round the deduction and hit the playoffs in the first season down. They also hit the playoffs the next year. Went up finally via automatic promotion in the third season.

Bolton's woes are no near over, but you've got a big crowd for that level and therefore a pull on players that will do OK in that League. It won;t be a walkover but there is plenty enough low hanging fruit for a club of your size to survive and probably prosper.

I guess you future all depends on how much shithousery went on in your finances that no one knows about yet.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16846
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Point of order that Super Dave has somewhat addressed. "Doing a Leeds" isn't relevant in this instance as their double relegation was from first tier to third, not second to fourth, and also wasn't instant - they dropped from the Prem in 2004 and the Champo on 2007 (in fact in 2006 they reached the play-off final).

Since 2010, four teams have suffered successive relegations from the second to fourth tier: Plymouth (2010+11), Portsmouth (2012+13), Yeovil (2014+15) and Blackpool (2015+16). Those are the warnings from history, although it might also be noted that three of them have been promoted again since (the exception being Yeovil, who completed the unwanted treble last month).

It might also be noted that in the same cohort (ie teams relegated from Champ since 2010 inclusive), there have been eight instances of instant repromotion, plus three more of instant reaching the playoffs unsuccessfully.
• After two seasons, another four clubs bounced back up, with another two playoff failures and two "second relegations".
• In the five completed seasons since, there have been three more teams repromoted, five more playoff failures and two more "second relegations".
• So in all, there have been 15 promotions, 10 playoff failures and eight "second relegations".

All of which will be skewed by our points punishment (and ongoing financial/rebuilding uncertainty) but the point is that there's still a large gulf between t3 and t2. You're more likely to leave via the helipad than the basement.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25554
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:16 pm
Point of order that Super Dave has somewhat addressed. "Doing a Leeds" isn't relevant in this instance as their double relegation was from first tier to third, not second to fourth, and also wasn't instant - they dropped from the Prem in 2004 and the Champo on 2007 (in fact in 2006 they reached the play-off final).

Since 2010, four teams have suffered successive relegations from the second to fourth tier: Plymouth (2010+11), Portsmouth (2012+13), Yeovil (2014+15) and Blackpool (2015+16). Those are the warnings from history, although it might also be noted that three of them have been promoted again since (the exception being Yeovil, who completed the unwanted treble last month).

It might also be noted that in the same cohort (ie teams relegated from Champ since 2010 inclusive), there have been eight instances of instant repromotion, plus three more of instant reaching the playoffs unsuccessfully.
• After two seasons, another four clubs bounced back up, with another two playoff failures and two "second relegations".
• In the five completed seasons since, there have been three more teams repromoted, five more playoff failures and two more "second relegations".
• So in all, there have been 15 promotions, 10 playoff failures and eight "second relegations".

All of which will be skewed by our points punishment (and ongoing financial/rebuilding uncertainty) but the point is that there's still a large gulf between t3 and t2. You're more likely to leave via the helipad than the basement.
That's assuming you have your squad in tact - which we will not...so any quality gap is largely irrelevant to us. We're starting behind in both points and preparations. And our best kids are about to fly the nest it seems too.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Retaining Parkinson will be the equivalent of an additional minus twelve points.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25554
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:54 pm
Retaining Parkinson will be the equivalent of an additional minus twelve points.
Needs an owner to make that decision first. Though looking at where we'll be - and given his record in league one - will we get any better manager in reality? I seriously doubt it. There is a need for a change and a fresh start and I think Parky has done his time here now. BUT I suspect whoever we get will likely be worse.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12968
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by boltonboris » Tue May 21, 2019 12:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:57 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:54 pm
Retaining Parkinson will be the equivalent of an additional minus twelve points.
Needs an owner to make that decision first. Though looking at where we'll be - and given his record in league one - will we get any better manager in reality? I seriously doubt it. There is a need for a change and a fresh start and I think Parky has done his time here now. BUT I suspect whoever we get will likely be worse.
Thumbs up emoji
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:01 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:10 pm
What ever score the UK achieves in next week's Eurovision is the number of points we'll have deducted.
Fxckin'ell! You're optimistic!!!
I'm


16 points.
Ummmm, divination by Eurovision points. Better than chicken entrails.
Very Good news Monsieur Domingos: voting blunder led to UK recieving five extra points. So we only got 11 points.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1947
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:01 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:10 pm
What ever score the UK achieves in next week's Eurovision is the number of points we'll have deducted.
Fxckin'ell! You're optimistic!!!
I'm


16 points.
Ummmm, divination by Eurovision points. Better than chicken entrails.
Very Good news Monsieur Domingos: voting blunder led to UK recieving five extra points. So we only got 11 points.

Yes, I was wondering how that would work with my prediction. I've decided that (a), as you say, there won't be a points deduction for the Brentford game and (b) we'll get one returned as recompense for the EFL's assertion that we had sufficient funds to see out the season. YHIHF.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 24, 2019 7:00 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:01 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:10 pm
What ever score the UK achieves in next week's Eurovision is the number of points we'll have deducted.
Fxckin'ell! You're optimistic!!!
I'm


16 points.
Ummmm, divination by Eurovision points. Better than chicken entrails.
Very Good news Monsieur Domingos: voting blunder led to UK recieving five extra points. So we only got 11 points.

Yes, I was wondering how that would work with my prediction. I've decided that (a), as you say, there won't be a points deduction for the Brentford game and (b) we'll get one returned as recompense for the EFL's assertion that we had sufficient funds to see out the season. YHIHF.
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1947
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri May 24, 2019 7:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:00 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:01 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:10 pm
What ever score the UK achieves in next week's Eurovision is the number of points we'll have deducted.
Fxckin'ell! You're optimistic!!!
I'm


16 points.
Ummmm, divination by Eurovision points. Better than chicken entrails.
Very Good news Monsieur Domingos: voting blunder led to UK recieving five extra points. So we only got 11 points.

Yes, I was wondering how that would work with my prediction. I've decided that (a), as you say, there won't be a points deduction for the Brentford game and (b) we'll get one returned as recompense for the EFL's assertion that we had sufficient funds to see out the season. YHIHF.
:lol:

PS I went to Wreckless Eric last Friday. Better than you might expect.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 24, 2019 7:15 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:12 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:00 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:01 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:10 pm
What ever score the UK achieves in next week's Eurovision is the number of points we'll have deducted.
Fxckin'ell! You're optimistic!!!
I'm


16 points.
Ummmm, divination by Eurovision points. Better than chicken entrails.
Very Good news Monsieur Domingos: voting blunder led to UK recieving five extra points. So we only got 11 points.

Yes, I was wondering how that would work with my prediction. I've decided that (a), as you say, there won't be a points deduction for the Brentford game and (b) we'll get one returned as recompense for the EFL's assertion that we had sufficient funds to see out the season. YHIHF.
:lol:

PS I went to Wreckless Eric last Friday. Better than you might expect.
Is he not dead?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1947
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: How Many Points Will We Be Deducted?

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri May 24, 2019 8:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:15 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:12 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:00 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:01 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:10 pm
What ever score the UK achieves in next week's Eurovision is the number of points we'll have deducted.
Fxckin'ell! You're optimistic!!!
I'm


16 points.
Ummmm, divination by Eurovision points. Better than chicken entrails.
Very Good news Monsieur Domingos: voting blunder led to UK recieving five extra points. So we only got 11 points.

Yes, I was wondering how that would work with my prediction. I've decided that (a), as you say, there won't be a points deduction for the Brentford game and (b) we'll get one returned as recompense for the EFL's assertion that we had sufficient funds to see out the season. YHIHF.
:lol:

PS I went to Wreckless Eric last Friday. Better than you might expect.
Is he not dead?

:D He turned 65 last Saturday. 10 years older than me to the day.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests