Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:19 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:55 pm
^^This is significant if true. Tom Morris is a billionaire. Michael James backed by Tom Morris, and prepared to invest in BWFC, was always the dare not dream best case scenario I had in mind when this ridiculousness began. Of course we don't know whether he is just a backstop to get the deal done, rather than an active financial supporter of the club going forward.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Morris_(businessman)
If Tom Morris was interested, he wouldn't need a consortium. So I'm not convinced it's very significant (albeit welcome)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:34 pm

Could he be shoring it up until FV got someone else on board? Doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who wants to piss cash into the wind??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:52 pm

Not sure on TM. Sounds like someone putting two and two together to me. He’s been around long enough if he really wanted to pump money in. As above I suspect if there is anything in it at all, it will be a small amount to patch a temporary hole. Be great if we were wrong and suddenly we were bonkers rich... like...one can dream.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 pm

Is that Old Tom Morris, or the boy?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:04 am

Nixon saying it is not Tom Morris (young or old but both would be very, very old by now).
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:33 am

Please, can we stop quoting Nixon? It's like a game of Absolute Bollocks Bingo. The BBC get the weather forecast correct more often than that prick churns out anything that actually goes on to happen.
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:28 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:33 am
Please, can we stop quoting Nixon? It's like a game of Absolute Bollocks Bingo. The BBC get the weather forecast correct more often than that prick churns out anything that actually goes on to happen.
I see Parky's latest comments call him out as a bullshitter on the reasons for the strike.
Plus the 'mass walkout' claims seems to be somewhat undermined by the fact they are still training. Sensationalist bellend!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:33 am

Also he's avoiding questions on Bassini after being made to look a right mug with some of his supposed 'insight' on that one.
Clearly has contacts in the game and gets plenty of genuine info but his arrogance and narcissistic Twitter behaviour makes it satisfying when he's proved wrong! 😁

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:34 am

In fairness to Nixon everyone says he’s very well connected football wise. But as admins say he’s completely and utterly out of his depth on the process of administration and understanding when sources are reliable on a business process. He’s relying on football sources mainly as clueless as him. And one or two in the business world who have agendas. To have been sucked in by Bassini and then Fawaz takes a special kind of naivety!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:15 am

As ever, with Nixon it’s confirmation bias: if you hate him you remember the wrong ‘uns, if you don’t you might notice things he’s got right. I can’t be arsed to pick through and rate his rights vs wrongs but he was certainly saying a long time before most that the takeover wasn’t going as swimmingly as some seemed to think.

Also, it’s the usual thing with rumours. If you don’t trust them, pay them no heed. But in the long summer of far too little actually happening, some folks are interested.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:15 am
As ever, with Nixon it’s confirmation bias: if you hate him you remember the wrong ‘uns, if you don’t you might notice things he’s got right. I can’t be arsed to pick through and rate his rights vs wrongs but he was certainly saying a long time before most that the takeover wasn’t going as swimmingly as some seemed to think.

Also, it’s the usual thing with rumours. If you don’t trust them, pay them no heed. But in the long summer of far too little actually happening, some folks are interested.
Agreed. I think he's on the money football wise. I just shake my head though when he claimed Bassini was about to pay off every creditor in full - or when he reckoned that a new bid that hadn't even been made yet could magically save us with two weeks to go till the season start. And I don't know very much about administration but I know both of those statements sounded ridiculous! His lack of understanding about the process has been clearly demonstrated by people on twitter - many of whom have absolutely no insider sources.

Iles approach of saying "I don't know" has been better I think rather than pretending you understand complex insolvency processes then looking a bit stupid!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:43 am

He's miles off on the football most of the time anyway though. And once your wrongs outnumber your rights to that extent it doesn't really matter whether you're right sometimes. It's useless.

But some people just want something to talk about, which is fine.

Except he's a prick about it. All this wanky "reluctant Nicko" protected Twitter 'oh you've twisted my arm' when he's just a gossip hack. Pick one, dickhead.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:45 am

Nixon claims Keith Morris is the new FV backer - insurance guy. Worth a bob or two I think. Not Tom Morris levels of wealth though - mind I was always dubious about that as I believe TM has been approached before and never been interested!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:47 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:43 am
He's miles off on the football most of the time anyway though. And once your wrongs outnumber your rights to that extent it doesn't really matter whether you're right sometimes. It's useless.

Except he's a prick about it. All this wanky "reluctant Nicko" protected Twitter 'oh you've twisted my arm' when he's just a gossip hack. Pick one, dickhead.
See I don't think he is. I think he's pretty good at that. But you know - it doesn't really matter - a million twitter accounts do the same thing to varying degrees of success - if you want gossip - you can pick and choose.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:51 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:43 am

Is the nub of it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:18 am

For Brucie - Creditors have allegedly voted overwhelmingly in favour of the Offer for Club...
Hearing that creditors have voted overwhelmingly in favour of the administrator's proposal (i.e. Football Ventures). Doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things - but another box ticked.
Whilst Iles suggests it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things - surely it means that the main secured creditors are as happy as they're going to be with the plan, so there's no continuing "blockage" with EDT and Anderson?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:18 am
For Brucie - Creditors have allegedly voted overwhelmingly in favour of the Offer for Club...
Hearing that creditors have voted overwhelmingly in favour of the administrator's proposal (i.e. Football Ventures). Doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things - but another box ticked.
Whilst Iles suggests it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things - surely it means that the main secured creditors are as happy as they're going to be with the plan, so there's no continuing "blockage" with EDT and Anderson?
Hasn't been for a while on the club side....

Hotel has been where blockage sits!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:45 am
Nixon claims Keith Morris is the new FV backer - insurance guy. Worth a bob or two I think. Not Tom Morris levels of wealth though - mind I was always dubious about that as I believe TM has been approached before and never been interested!
So... It's a Morris Minor we've got then. Is he half timbered?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:22 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 am
Worthy4England wrote:

^^ Ok so "further confirms" what we'd suspected then. :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:25 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:22 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:19 am
Worthy4England wrote:

^^ Ok so "further confirms" what we'd suspected then. :-)
Yep.