Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:18 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:17 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Quiet, innit?
Deathly...
They've lost the party poppers...ITK
Bloke at EFL HQ (4:59pm): "I need to sign for a delivery of what? Thirty three thousand and seventy two ring binders?"
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:27 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Quiet, innit?
Deathly...
Bloke at EFL HQ (4:59pm): "I need to sign for a delivery of what? Thirty three thousand and seventy two ring binders?"
EFL statement in respect of the above...."We've requested further information from Bolton Wanderers"...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:29 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:27 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Quiet, innit?
Deathly...
EFL statement in respect of the above...."We've requested further information from Bolton Wanderers"...
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Five o’clock came and went...
Six o’clock came and went...
Seven o’clock came and went...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:10 pm

Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:04 pm
Five o’clock came and went...
Six o’clock came and went...
Seven o’clock came and went...
I think everyone's gone home Dave.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Iles with an update

"Big meeting today and - as you'd expect - some peeved players at one stage. Session was ended early but there is no talk of refusing to train for the rest of the week, as I understand it. Happy for anyone to correct me."

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:24 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:16 pm
Iles with an update

"Big meeting today and - as you'd expect - some peeved players at one stage. Session was ended early but there is no talk of refusing to train for the rest of the week, as I understand it. Happy for anyone to correct me."
Jesus Fxcking Christ!
Finger-on-the-pulse man or what?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:27 pm

After gibbering through the day with stomach in an uproar and nerves shredded after weeks/months of stress and heartache, I have come to a decision. Much as I love the club, the piss-takers and toss potters pretending to buy it and jerking everyon'e chains should be told to xxxx off and the club sold to Christ Church to start all over again at Pikes Lane or put up as a raffle to the public. I'm heartily sick of money, power grabbing and all associated non-football crap that pretends it cares about Bolton Wanderers FOOTBALL Club. Ken Grabsworth should be sentenced to work as a galley slave for life on a Swiss Quinquereme operating off Somalia and Lawrence Corleone jailed as an imposter. Me, I'll have to settle for watching D.V.Ds of Bolton Wanderers as an alternative to even hearing about Bury, Chorley, Preston, Rochdale or Wigan without puking. :evil:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:31 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:24 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:16 pm
Iles with an update

Jesus Fxcking Christ!
Finger-on-the-pulse man or what?
Think he's on his jollies, but that looks to be tempering Nixon's "strike" story from a couple of hours back...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:37 pm

I'm off to bed. Fxck Iles, Fxck Nixon, Fxck FV, Fxck James, Fxck Bassini, Fxck Anderson, Fxck the EFL, Fxck David Rubin & Partners, Fxck Quantuma, and especially Fxck Shazza.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:35 pm

@MarcIles
One (hopefully) final update tonight. I understand the FV consortium has agreed to loan money from the PFA to settle with all football creditors.
I think this will roll into tomorrow, assuming EFL give blessing. #bwfc
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:41 pm

Is it wrong part of me hopes Clayton Donaldson gets feck all out of this? 🤣

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:45 pm

FV borrowing money already before the takeover is even complete, doesn't bode well IMO

If this ever goes through they will need a very good PR strategy to get fans on side, as some of the fans have lost faith with them already. I know that we don't know the facts & what has gone on behind the scenes (apart from Insane) but I don't think that FV have handled this well at all - but saying that lets hope its finally sorted tomorrow.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:48 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:35 pm
@MarcIles
One (hopefully) final update tonight. I understand the FV consortium has agreed to loan money from the PFA to settle with all football creditors.
I think this will roll into tomorrow, assuming EFL give blessing. #bwfc
Not in through the door and taking loans from PFA. If they were buying all the secured creditors out, you'd have thought they'd have collateral (assets) to lend some cash off the bank, bearing in mind football creditors were only around £2m...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:53 pm

I genuinely think this is a measure to free up funds to sort out a team for next season due to Basran doing one.
They have asked the players to accept a payment plan and have been given a resounding no.
PFA loan allows new owners to pay off residual secured debt from previous regime whilst freeing up capital for investment in the squad.
Other option is to pay off players and then have no funds for the squad.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:57 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:53 pm
I genuinely think this is a measure to free up funds to sort out a team for next season due to Basran doing one.
They have asked the players to accept a payment plan and have been given a resounding no.
PFA loan allows new owners to pay off residual secured debt from previous regime whilst freeing up capital for investment in the squad.
I think it’s more likely because the hotel has cost way more than initially budgeted. But either way let’s hope they have money for squad building.

Either way better than the other option. Look at it this way once they’ve bought us most of the debt is gone and assuming they are hard headed in a year or so we might be more attractive to a buyer with more means. Famous last words. But at least we’d have a chance...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:00 pm

DJBlu wrote:
I don't think that's probably far off the mark. Bit I can't work out is Basran reportedly walked after their abortive attempt in Jan/Feb... So wouldn't have been part of their £24m offer recieved by the Administrators in June...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:57 pm
DJBlu wrote:
I think it’s more likely because the hotel has cost way more than initially budgeted. But either way let’s hope they have money for squad building.

Either way better than the other option. Look at it this way once they’ve bought us most of the debt is gone and assuming they are hard headed in a year or so we might be more attractive to a buyer with more means. Famous last words. But at least we’d have a chance...
I'm less convinced "most of the debt is gone"... If that was case they'd have assets and could probably lend off a commercial lender.. Fact they're looking at PFA suggests to me they don't hold the assets...all feels a bit "cheque's in the post"...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:22 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:05 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:57 pm
DJBlu wrote:

I'm less convinced "most of the debt is gone"... If that was case they'd have assets and could probably lend off a commercial lender.. Fact they're looking at PFA suggests to me they don't hold the assets...all feels a bit "cheque's in the post"...
We started at 40M debt. Admin cut that to 25M as unsecured creditors get less. FV will be paying likes of KA off. So debt will be less. Cost of buy in will be less. In theory at least. We’ve said this before and it’s not worked out. But god I want us to live another day to find out.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 pm

I imagine the PFA lending us money to facilitate squad building could be... controversial.

I don't care really if they've got the money to build a full squad now, I just want them to have the money to run it solvently. If it takes a couple of years of footballing pain to get us in the straight and narrow and living within our means, I'll take that.

*I mean obviously it would be better if they had a bit of cash for the here and now, but you know what I mean.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.