Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:42 pm

Might be over the top, but the thought occurs that businesses and suppliers to the club may be a little hesitant extending any credit our way due to current affairs er, cosa nostra? Might take a while to get it all back on that level playing field.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Game is on still.

The EFL are happy with what the club have sent them.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/july/efl- ... -bury-fc2/

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:03 pm

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:05 pm

For those that doubted my thinnest grape vine links

"Good news at last for Bolton. I'm told that the PFA are to lend the club's prospective new owners around £2m to settle outstanding debts with football creditors (players etc). Paves the way for takeover to go through at last. Saturday's game is on. More
@MailSport
shortly. #bwfc"

Oh and Fluck Nixon!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:09 pm

If it happens, FV should start off in a seriously positive light imho. This wait has been worrying and frustrating, but none of that negative emotional energy should be loaded onto FV. They have simply been the only group willing to prize Ken Anderson's greasy hands off this club. The fact that he is still involved, squeezing as much out of of the deal for himself as possible, whilst the place rots away, days from liquidation says everything. He took a very ill patient and poisoned it, and then tried to suffocate it. That is where any ire should be directed.

That isn't to say the outlook is rosy, it isn't. FV don't appear to be wealthy enough to cover the huge losses this club will make over the next few years. Asset sales may be a necessity, and I guess the best option is if they can clean things up so it is more attractive for someone with greater wealth and large appetite for risk to take it off them at some point. However, if in two months time we are marooned at the bottom of the league, playing terrible football with terrible players, it will not be the fault of FV. Indeed, we should be thanking for them for a having a club to moan about.

Anyway hoorah :pissed: It's never boring :hang:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:12 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 pm
I imagine the PFA lending us money to facilitate squad building could be... controversial.

I don't care really if they've got the money to build a full squad now, I just want them to have the money to run it solvently. If it takes a couple of years of footballing pain to get us in the straight and narrow and living within our means, I'll take that.

*I mean obviously it would be better if they had a bit of cash for the here and now, but you know what I mean.
I'm with the man from the Pru. Very succinct
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:16 pm

This loan has to be as a result of the hotel going up. Which has to be a result of that c*nt Anderson. May he rot in the rottiest sh*tiest version of hell.

The PFA loan thing isn’t going to be popular. Yer man from Accrington will be apoplectic.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:19 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:05 pm

"Good news at last for Bolton. I'm told that the PFA are to lend the club's prospective new owners around £2m to settle outstanding debts with football creditors (players etc). Paves the way for takeover to go through at last. Saturday's game is on. More
@MailSport
shortly. #bwfc"

Oh and Fluck Nixon!
The thing is Nixon has been so so wrong it’s infuriating. But in a vacuum of anything official his stories are as good as anything. He still maintains the players are on strike even though they’ve put out a statement saying they aren’t. Embarrassing.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:24 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:05 pm

@MailSport
shortly. #bwfc"

Oh and Fluck Nixon!
Cue the numpties on the Bolton News website proclaiming that they aren't going to be going to the games, hate FV for spoiling their club (even though Anderson has again managed to somehow take us to the brink and walked away scott free )
Pfffft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:25 pm

Christ I'll be glad to get back to bitching about the football.

My (probably forlorn)hope now, is that sense of relief at what we've nearly lost, results in more bums on seats and a positive, supportive siege mentality amongst the fans
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:27 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:25 pm

My (probably forlorn)hope now, is that sense of relief at what we've nearly lost, results in more bums on seats and a positive, supportive siege mentality amongst the fans
Reading some of the stuff on Twitter, I doubt that. I'm with you Harry in that it will be good to talk about the football once again. However, prepare for the onslaught of BWFC fans to complain about anything that doesn't involve us signing Gareth Bale
Pfffft.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:34 pm

Jeff Thomas has resigned as a director from, as I understand it, the company set up to own the club and the company set up to own the hotel. But curiously not (yet?) from Football Ventures (Whites) Limited itself.

I have no idea what any of that means for the takeover, whether it's good news or bad news, however it would appear to my untrained eye to be significant.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:55 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:26 pm
nelson66 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:22 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:14 pm
Hearing on the finest grapiest grape vine that the deal is across the line. A massive amount of salt is to be taken with this information.
you've put your reputation on the line with this one lol
:oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:18 am

TKIZ! wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:27 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:25 pm

Reading some of the stuff on Twitter, I doubt that. I'm with you Harry in that it will be good to talk about the football once again. However, prepare for the onslaught of BWFC fans to complain about anything that doesn't involve us signing Gareth Bale
Are we signing Gareth Bale, really? That fxcking useless Welsh lump. I was hoping for Ronaldo.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:21 am

Pssst. By the way, have FV(W)ltd actually bought BWFC yet? :doh:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:21 am

What's the hurry? Give another 48 hours.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:30 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:21 am

What's the hurry? Give another 48 hours.
:pissed:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:32 am

nicholaldo wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:34 pm
Jeff Thomas has resigned as a director from, as I understand it, the company set up to own the club and the company set up to own the hotel. But curiously not (yet?) from Football Ventures (Whites) Limited itself.

I have no idea what any of that means for the takeover, whether it's good news or bad news, however it would appear to my untrained eye to be significant.
And then there were two, Brittan and James... Or is that three, Morris?
When did he resign Nicholo?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:13 am

nicholaldo wrote:

Whenever I hear or read the name Jeff / Geoff Thomas, I think only of one man and one incident.

May the bridges I burn light your way

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:53 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:32 am
nicholaldo wrote:

And then there were two, Brittan and James... Or is that three, Morris?
When did he resign Nicholo?

Last night, as per Companies House. He's due to be replaced according to Iles, though he remains, for now at least, a director of the parent company.