Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:32 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:29 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:28 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm
Still no announcement on Coventry tickets? Anyone else starting to feel like this match might be in jeopardy?
A feeling which started yesterday and has gathered apace today.

Without crashing the club server tomorrow, I think they'll have to offer pay-on-the-gate on Saturday too.
Are they allowed?
Not sure. Why wouldn't they be?
Think it will depend on police view - I imagine a relatively large following from Coventry and usually they would try to avoid selling on the day in those circumstances. I don't know. It comes down to notice police need to have appropriate cover for the match - usually based on sales. If you're selling on the day with potentially a large away following - the police might need considerable notice and it might also attract a hefty bill. We're good with those....
Yeah, good point. If the game does go ahead I've absolutely no idea what the attendance might be - anywhere between 7,000 and 14,000
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:57 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:32 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:29 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:28 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm
Still no announcement on Coventry tickets? Anyone else starting to feel like this match might be in jeopardy?
A feeling which started yesterday and has gathered apace today.

Without crashing the club server tomorrow, I think they'll have to offer pay-on-the-gate on Saturday too.
Are they allowed?
Not sure. Why wouldn't they be?
Think it will depend on police view - I imagine a relatively large following from Coventry and usually they would try to avoid selling on the day in those circumstances. I don't know. It comes down to notice police need to have appropriate cover for the match - usually based on sales. If you're selling on the day with potentially a large away following - the police might need considerable notice and it might also attract a hefty bill. We're good with those....
Yeah, good point. If the game does go ahead I've absolutely no idea what the attendance might be - anywhere between 7,000 and 14,000
If it goes ahead now I imagine 4000 Bolton fans and ~2000 Coventry fans being there.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:04 pm

This silence doesn't make sense. Feels like there are bigger issues than just the game?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:01 pm

If it goes ahead now I imagine 4000 Bolton fans and ~2000 Coventry fans being there.
Well, I won't be amongst them, having just accepted an offer of food and alcohol. 4uck 'em. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:11 pm

I'm presuming then that the following is occurring:

Nick Mason, "known business partner of Sharon Brittan and owner of external management company" tasked with selling tickets has turned round and said fxck this Shazza I'm not getting involved.

Shazza is pleading desperately with Michael James to pull his finger out and find alternative sourcing for the funds he's supposedly injecting into the joke that the FV consortium is.

Michael James is saying, whoa, hold on Shazza, you know we blagged this deal on the basis I get some cash out of the hotel deal. Wait until tomorrow!

Paul Appleton is on the blower back to David Rubin panicking about what to do, and David Rubin is giving the classic lawyerly advice of keep shtum and admit nothing.

Debbie Jevan is having to cancel a blow-dry session at her local hairdressers and is ringing David Rubin & Partners but getting a recorded message.

Coventry City are ringing the EFL but getting an engaged phone because Debs is a) trying to rearrange her hair appointment and b) keeps on getting a recorded message from Paul Appleton.

Meanwhile Martin Ellis is about to announce tomorrow that Mahmud Kamani is preferred bidder for the hotel...

Have I missed anything?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Struggling to see how a hotel attached to a derelict football stadium, or a severe loss making football club attached to a hotel fits into the Kamani portfolio. I'm inclined to believe their denial.

Can definitely see FV scrambling around trying to find some more money, because they don't have enough. Can definitely see complications with them being announced preferred bidder for the hotel.

If the next update is anything better than FV pulling out and us being served notice by the EFL I will be happy...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Let's face it, we're not Championship any longer and a trailing chancer in League One right now with no players. I have to believe the hotel and it's success will be dependent on the club moving on and becoming a money making business. Can we see that happening realistically? That's about it as I see it. Something still smells like a waggon-load of Fleetwood kipper boxes. Hope I'm very wrong. .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:08 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:01 pm

Well, I won't be amongst them, having just accepted an offer of food and alcohol. 4uck 'em. ;)

Where's that ears perked up emoji!

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:09 pm

I said it yesterday, if this game does go ahead it will be behind closed doors. I wouldn't mind betting it's Ken that's putting spokes in the wheels, barsteward.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Reports that Bassini has gained an injunction preventing the sale.

WtF?!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Bassini has applied for an injunction I could believe. Rumours that he's got one I would take with a humongous pinch of salt.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:36 pm
Bassini has applied for an injunction I could believe. Rumours that he's got one I would take with a humongous pinch of salt.
It's another Jewish Telegraph exclusive. According to LoV
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:57 pm

On the bbc now...

How come it’s not been picked before? It surely had to be on a court listings?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:58 pm

https://bit.ly/2YNZKKZ

Another day, another fecking twist!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:59 pm

I think Saturday might be off now!

All those mongtards who gave him time of day outside nats statue can get to feck as well!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Bassini is insane, isn't he?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:08 pm

I must say I'm slightly skeptical on Aldridge's statement that this happened "just as the deal was about to be completed"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:14 pm

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august ... wanderers/

It is with a combination of outrage and disgust that I have to inform Bolton Wanderers fans that the deal to sell the club to Football Ventures has been temporarily suspended in the last hour.

Late this afternoon, we were informed by lawyers acting for Laurence Bassini that he had been awarded a court order attempting to prevent the sale of Burnden Leisure Limited, part of an action against a company owned by Ken Anderson.

It beggars belief that Mr Bassini, a man who publicly professed to care passionately for the club, has now, through his actions, threatened its very existence.

Despite a long and hugely complex process of negotiation, we were finally on the brink of completion this afternoon when Bassini’s order was served.

Our lawyers are now in conversation with Counsel in a bid to overturn the order immediately.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:19 pm

Jugs wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:05 pm
Bassini is insane, isn't he?
He’s genuinely mentally ill. I actually feel bad using such terminology to describe him. But he’s shitting on my club. How is he allowed to do this in his condition?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:08 pm
I must say I'm slightly skeptical on Aldridge's statement that this happened "just as the deal was about to be completed"
Ha I thought that too
Got to keep the pretence up though for the EFL!