Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 13025
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:35 pm

I have no idea what the F is going on
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:40 pm

What a bloody good business plan that is then, FV not arsed how long things take even if it means playing kids for the 1st 5 or 6 games, kids possibly getting badly injured (as I said this is a serious welfare issue being ignored by FV), so basically having a 40 game season whilst on -12 points (ok now -11).

So Football Ventures' plan involves getting relegated to League 2, losing 1000's of fans in the process (which they will regardless of this recent spike in the loyalist of fans paying to watch the youth's play), whilst they just sit back & hope (and I mean hope, that they get the hotel) - some business plan that is.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 27364
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:40 pm
What a bloody good business plan that is then, FV not arsed how long things take even if it means playing kids for the 1st 5 or 6 games, kids possibly getting badly injured (as I said this is a serious welfare issue being ignored by FV), so basically having a 40 game season whilst on -12 points (ok now -11).

So Football Ventures' plan involves getting relegated to League 2, losing 1000's of fans in the process (which they will regardless of this recent spike in the loyalist of fans paying to watch the youth's play), whilst they just sit back & hope (and I mean hope, that they get the hotel) - some business plan that is.
You know when you buy a house? And sometimes it takes a few months because the chain holds it up? And it might be that you really need to move in next week but can't. I think that's pretty much where things stand right now.

Its as good an analogy as I can come up with here. You aren't always able to influence things how you'd like even if you need to.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24875
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:24 pm
Worthy, I'm laying the blame at FV for the debacle of agreeing to buy the club (but with conditions that it depended on them also getting the hotel, but knowing that their were different admins for the hotel), knowing the impact that this would have on the club, supporters, players etc. - Paul Appleton keeps saying that its done as far as he's concerned but nothing from FV. Sharon Brittan turned up at Wycombe like the saviour in waiting - shaking hands, I'll comment next Sat etc....but still nothing.

At the same time these kids are trying their absolute bollocks, playing out of their skins risking injury by playing 3 games in a week, whilst Football Ventures play games with the club, I'm serious I'd rather have Bassini than these FV clowns.
I agree the "business plan" thing - that they couldn't complete on Club without Hotel - that's FV. Fact that Rubins and Quantuma started at the same time and the Club is a more complex SPA than "hotel", yet Quantuma still have at least "two" parties they're talking to - down to Quantuma. They need to get their finger out.

I'm not half as happy at the thought of FV as I was when the process kicked off, but I'm not punting them out of the park quite yet! :-)

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38818
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:30 pm

I honestly think we're going down and have been for quite a while in all likelihood.
Are you working on the assumption that if you say it often enough (like a magic spell mantra) it's bound to happen? As a Bolton supporter, you really are the most negative poster on here. Cheer up man...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:42 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:40 pm
What a bloody good business plan that is then, FV not arsed how long things take even if it means playing kids for the 1st 5 or 6 games, kids possibly getting badly injured (as I said this is a serious welfare issue being ignored by FV), so basically having a 40 game season whilst on -12 points (ok now -11).

So Football Ventures' plan involves getting relegated to League 2, losing 1000's of fans in the process (which they will regardless of this recent spike in the loyalist of fans paying to watch the youth's play), whilst they just sit back & hope (and I mean hope, that they get the hotel) - some business plan that is.
You know when you buy a house? And sometimes it takes a few months because the chain holds it up? And it might be that you really need to move in next week but can't. I think that's pretty much where things stand right now.

Its as good an analogy as I can come up with here. You aren't always able to influence things how you'd like even if you need to.
That's a terrible analogy.
Try, you know when you want a coffee and lunch but there are two queues one for coffee and one for lunch and you don't have enough people to stand in both queues, and both stores - the coffee shop and the fried chicken shop - are closing in two minutes...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24875
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:42 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:40 pm
What a bloody good business plan that is then, FV not arsed how long things take even if it means playing kids for the 1st 5 or 6 games, kids possibly getting badly injured (as I said this is a serious welfare issue being ignored by FV), so basically having a 40 game season whilst on -12 points (ok now -11).

So Football Ventures' plan involves getting relegated to League 2, losing 1000's of fans in the process (which they will regardless of this recent spike in the loyalist of fans paying to watch the youth's play), whilst they just sit back & hope (and I mean hope, that they get the hotel) - some business plan that is.
You know when you buy a house? And sometimes it takes a few months because the chain holds it up? And it might be that you really need to move in next week but can't. I think that's pretty much where things stand right now.

Its as good an analogy as I can come up with here. You aren't always able to influence things how you'd like even if you need to.
That's a terrible analogy.
Try, you know when you want a coffee and lunch but there are two queues one for coffee and one for lunch and you don't have enough people to stand in both queues, and both stores - the coffee shop and the fried chicken shop - are closing in two minutes...
Duh - you just get a coffee with your chicken. Dork. :-)

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:42 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:40 pm
What a bloody good business plan that is then, FV not arsed how long things take even if it means playing kids for the 1st 5 or 6 games, kids possibly getting badly injured (as I said this is a serious welfare issue being ignored by FV), so basically having a 40 game season whilst on -12 points (ok now -11).

So Football Ventures' plan involves getting relegated to League 2, losing 1000's of fans in the process (which they will regardless of this recent spike in the loyalist of fans paying to watch the youth's play), whilst they just sit back & hope (and I mean hope, that they get the hotel) - some business plan that is.
You know when you buy a house? And sometimes it takes a few months because the chain holds it up? And it might be that you really need to move in next week but can't. I think that's pretty much where things stand right now.

Its as good an analogy as I can come up with here. You aren't always able to influence things how you'd like even if you need to.
Its a shocking analogy as we are not just a fcuking house are we....its a fcuking historic, founder member football club that means a lot to a lot of people - my point is basically they (FV) have messed everyone about twice, got peoples hopes up twice, and are basically playing with the emotions of the supporters, and the whole of BWFC. When it became clear that they didn't give a shit about the club & it was all about needing the hotel business to make ends meet etc. they should have exited and let someone else take over.

And before anyone comes back with who else would have taken over, we were told that the admins received 5 or 6 bids of which we are never likely to find out who these were (plus Bassini) - the longer this goes on the more Football Ventures are shafting the town, club & supporters, and lets face it no one even knows what their long term plan is and whether its good for the club or not.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10132
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:55 pm

Ultimately none of us have got a bid in for the club.

The supporters trust and there quite laughable “High net worth individuals” haven’t got a bid in. Indeed despite them telling us all Admin was the way to sort this mess out at their public meeting they didn’t even stump up to see the books as far as I could see. They have even been openly critical of the only Bolton fan to stick his hand in his pocket (Michael James) rather than try to get him to the table on the takeover.

So if none of us can afford it. And our “Supporters trust” can’t afford it. We’ve got to hope somebody else can afford it. Else it gets liquidated. As far as I can tell FV are the only show in town for the club. Certainly the only ones who aren’t Lawrence Bassini.

So whether we like it or not, it’s them or no club. So we all just have to sit tight and hope they get on with it...whatever the hold up is.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10132
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:42 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:40 pm
What a bloody good business plan that is then, FV not arsed how long things take even if it means playing kids for the 1st 5 or 6 games, kids possibly getting badly injured (as I said this is a serious welfare issue being ignored by FV), so basically having a 40 game season whilst on -12 points (ok now -11).

So Football Ventures' plan involves getting relegated to League 2, losing 1000's of fans in the process (which they will regardless of this recent spike in the loyalist of fans paying to watch the youth's play), whilst they just sit back & hope (and I mean hope, that they get the hotel) - some business plan that is.
You know when you buy a house? And sometimes it takes a few months because the chain holds it up? And it might be that you really need to move in next week but can't. I think that's pretty much where things stand right now.

Its as good an analogy as I can come up with here. You aren't always able to influence things how you'd like even if you need to.
Its a shocking analogy as we are not just a fcuking house are we....its a fcuking historic, founder member football club that means a lot to a lot of people - my point is basically they (FV) have messed everyone about twice, got peoples hopes up twice, and are basically playing with the emotions of the supporters, and the whole of BWFC. When it became clear that they didn't give a shit about the club & it was all about needing the hotel business to make ends meet etc. they should have exited and let someone else take over.

And before anyone comes back with who else would have taken over, we were told that the admins received 5 or 6 bids of which we are never likely to find out who these were (plus Bassini) - the longer this goes on the more Football Ventures are shafting the town, club & supporters, and lets face it no one even knows what their long term plan is and whether its good for the club or not.
I’m pretty sure they said only FV paid the £25k to see the books (via data room) and they were the only bid. Bassini has the right to bid in admin rather than chase a contractual dispute with Ken.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:06 pm

The only plan is to save BWFC now. There are no long term plans. We are playing kids because we have no other way of fulfilling our fixtures. If we don't fulfill our fixtures the EFL gives us notice. The deal is clearly complex, and there are people involved for whom the continued existence of BWFC is not their top priority.

It is FV or liquidation. Liquidation as in no more BWFC, go and support Leigh or Chorley. As in 140 years of history, Nat Lofthouse, historic FA cup finals, JJ Okocha. Gone.

If FV prevail, there will be still be huge financial issues going forward. But we will be alive, not healthy, still needing regular treatment, but alive.

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:08 pm

As I've said earlier, I would now rather the apparent asylum escapee, mad man, deluded Bassini took the club on than these FV silent assassins. Everyone who keeps saying its FV or no one, how do you know that ?, 'eggs in one basket' is never a good scenario.

Serious question does anyone on here know what the FV strategy is for the club & what it involves and whether it will move the club forward or not ?, just because they paid £25k to see the books doesn't give any indication of whether they want to try and improve the club football wise over the next few years or just simply make some money by selling the stadium, hotel, car parks etc. and do sweet FA team wise.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:18 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:08 pm
As I've said earlier, I would now rather the apparent asylum escapee, mad man, deluded Bassini took the club on than these FV silent assassins. Everyone who keeps saying its FV or no one, how do you know that ?, 'eggs in one basket' is never a good scenario.

Serious question does anyone on here know what the FV strategy is for the club & what it involves and whether it will move the club forward or not ?, just because they paid £25k to see the books doesn't give any indication of whether they want to try and improve the club football wise over the next few years or just simply make some money by selling the stadium, hotel, car parks etc. and do sweet FA team wise.
I have publicly stated what I understand the FV so called plan is previously. In a nutshell it involves selling the stadium and renting it back, a very similar plan to that proposed by Sheffield Wednesday, and almost identical to the plan that has seen Coventry evicted from the Ricoh.
I know a lot are banging on about it being FV or bust, but honestly, FV equates equally to being bust too.
Us, Bury, Coventry, Macclesfield, and God knows how many others, the out of control "South Sea bubble" that was/is Premiership/TV rights is coming home to roost. And we are squarely in the firing line.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:08 pm
As I've said earlier, I would now rather the apparent asylum escapee, mad man, deluded Bassini took the club on than these FV silent assassins. Everyone who keeps saying its FV or no one, how do you know that ?, 'eggs in one basket' is never a good scenario.

Serious question does anyone on here know what the FV strategy is for the club & what it involves and whether it will move the club forward or not ?, just because they paid £25k to see the books doesn't give any indication of whether they want to try and improve the club football wise over the next few years or just simply make some money by selling the stadium, hotel, car parks etc. and do sweet FA team wise.
Bassini has failed at every step of this process. KA even sold him the club subject to proof of funds, he failed. He has never shown any proof of funds at any point.

He has a history of bankrupting himself, and would've bankrupted Watford had financial rescuers not arrived at the last minute.

As I said above, FV are literally trying to ensure BWFC continues to exist. Forget long term plans and strategy. This is an emergency, a crisis. A large crisis. You don't plan an extension, when your house is on fire...

Bertie Wooster
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:40 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Bassini has failed at every step of this process. KA even sold him the club subject to proof of funds, he failed. He has never shown any proof of funds at any point.

He has a history of bankrupting himself, and would've bankrupted Watford had financial rescuers not arrived at the last minute.

As I said above, FV are literally trying to ensure BWFC continues to exist. Forget long term plans and strategy. This is an emergency, a crisis. A large crisis. You don't plan an extension, when your house is on fire...
Please tell me you don't seriously believe this ?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:40 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Bassini has failed at every step of this process. KA even sold him the club subject to proof of funds, he failed. He has never shown any proof of funds at any point.

He has a history of bankrupting himself, and would've bankrupted Watford had financial rescuers not arrived at the last minute.

As I said above, FV are literally trying to ensure BWFC continues to exist. Forget long term plans and strategy. This is an emergency, a crisis. A large crisis. You don't plan an extension, when your house is on fire...
Please tell me you don't seriously believe this ?
I completely. utterly, 100%, seriously believe this...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24875
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:52 pm

Me too. I have no doubt about Michael James intention (that's not to say he has the cash to make it so). People are soon forgetting cash he put in previously...

nelson66
Promising
Promising
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by nelson66 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:58 pm

and me

Whats the alternative to FV -- oblivion ?
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:05 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:58 pm
and me

Whats the alternative to FV -- oblivion ?
Sometimes there isn't an alternative. After all the lifeboats had been launched the remaining passengers on Titanic didn't have two choices - stick with Captain Smith or face oblivion - it was the same choice.

It's not FV or Oblivion, it's oblivion with or without FV.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nelson66
Promising
Promising
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by nelson66 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:20 pm

disagree -- we have a match tomorrow - so we're still alive and kicking
A new board of directors - a new beginning - who knows what the future holds..... why is your glass half empty all the time ?
There is a future - its called The Kings Harmes - Dennis Politic - Ronan Darcey - Harry Brockbank et. al.
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abdoulaye's Twin, jmjhb, Prufrock and 11 guests