Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:13 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:30 am
Apologies to all for the rants last evening, I simply dislike Tranmere & losing to them 5-0 really got to me yesterday (kids or no kids), I should however know better.

Regarding the apparent takeover what I can't fully understand is that apparently, as Parkinson said recently there was a supposed press conference to announce the sale on the Friday before the Coventry game, then came Bassini's injunction. Therefore people saying that its the hotel holding everything up surely cant be correct, as it must have been sorted if they were due to complete before the Coventry game. Why can't someone from either the club, admins, FV etc. just come out with a brief statement & explain what the latest delay is down to, perhaps then the supporters may be more understanding and show some patience.
I think when you listen to the Azitbeendun clip with Shazza, came across to me (opinion not fact) that she was expecting "party on" at the Coventry game with a done deal. I'm not at all sure that the hotel is holding everything up, but given that club was allegedly "ready to go" on the Thursday prior to the game and has allegedly been "ready to go" since mid-July, it's the only think I can think of, that might be still holding up the end to end deal up. If it's nothing to do with hotel, then clearly the Club isn't "ready to go" either...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:40 am

I don't think FV have a brass farthing to rub together. The longer this has gone on their ability to achieve some liquidity to service the (was it 35, or 15) pence in the £ at completion has evaporated. Their plan began to unravel as soon as the interconnected debts between club and hotel were revealed. I suspect that currently the hold up is them trying to get short term funding because they can't buy the club without the two million that MJ is owed from the hotel sale, and they can't buy the hotel because they don't have enough dosh and there is a rival bid so they cannot lower the asking price or the pence in the £ required, and they need both hotel and club to release funds they are borrowing on the back of their business plan, which isn't happening because they can't buy the club.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Jesus Christ!
Cutting Edge Journalism... Today in the Sunday Times, Sport section, page 8, column 5 (Rod Liddle):
Quote: "Bolton Wanderers, ... . The new owners are a firm called Football Ventures run by a local businessman, Parminder Basran."
No Rod, they are not new owners. Yes Rod, they are called Football Ventures. No Rod, they are not run by Parminder Basran. Yes Rod, he's a local businessman.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:52 pm

I believe they're called Football Ventures (Whites) Limited.

8)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:06 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:52 pm

8)
I did, really, think of putting "No Rod, they are called Football Ventures (Whites) Limited", but I couldn't resist allowing our OCD pedants in on the act. You can thank me, some time, with a pint. :drink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Enoch wrote:

8)

:lol:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:10 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:07 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:06 pm
Enoch wrote:

8)

I did, really, think of putting "No Rod, they are called Football Ventures (Whites) Limited", but I couldn't resist allowing our OCD pedants in on the act. You can thank me, some time, with a pint. :drink:

:lol:

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:42 pm

It was a stupid idea to build an expensive to maintain stadium in Horwich when we had a cheap one in Bolton. I can only think someone on the club's board was on the take.The future of the current club is so bleak in Horwich i'd be up for liquidation and starting a new club back in Bolton.
It would be a tough few years to start with ground sharing with Radcliffe or Leigh several divisions down but worth it in the long run in my opinion to get the town's club back in Bolton.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:42 pm
It was a stupid idea to build an expensive to maintain stadium in Horwich when we had a cheap one in Bolton. I can only think someone on the club's board was on the take.The future of the current club is so bleak in Horwich i'd be up for liquidation and starting a new club back in Bolton.
It would be a tough few years to start with ground sharing with Radcliffe or Leigh several divisions down but worth it in the long run in my opinion to get the town's club back in Bolton.
Horwich has certain strategic transport advantages... (at least for me it has). Just saying like.
And going for a piss at half time is more savoury.
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:
Not this bullshit again. Burnden was falling apart, there was no room for expansion, and offered no opportunity for progression. If we had stayed at Burnden there would have been no Allardyce, no 10-year PL stay, no Munich, no Okocha. We aren't in this situation because of the stadium. And moving to some shithole close to a decrepit and delapidated town centre isn't going to improve us.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:03 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:01 pm
Martin_Cruise wrote:
Not this bullshit again. Burnden was falling apart, there was no room for expansion, and offered no opportunity for progression. If we had stayed at Burnden there would have been no Allardyce, no 10-year PL stay, no Munich, no Okocha. We aren't in this situation because of the stadium. And moving to some shithole close to a decrepit and delapidated town centre isn't going to improve us.
I think we agree. Except I put it in more diplomatic terms!
There's always a first for something 8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:03 pm
truewhite15 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:01 pm
Martin_Cruise wrote:
I think we agree. Except I put it in more diplomatic terms!
There's always a first for something 8)
Must be a sign of the end-times. :twisted:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Love it when people accuse people on the board of companies with building projects as being on the take / dodgy. Always seems to be building projects!

There’s a point in there somewhere - grounds too big/expensive to maintain now which puts us behind our league one (and definitely league two) rivals. Needs to keep hosting concerts and challenge cup semis etc!

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:55 pm

A stadium like ours -- next to a train station and a motorway -- should be a money spinner for non football events etc
Sadly -- our stadium management team have never been able to sort out the length of time it takes to leave the car parks etc at the end of these concerts and as a consequence tour managers/organisers (like my sister) won't touch it with a barge pole.

She's written/emailed/spoken to BWFC on numerous occasions about this, and the actions they could take to create solutions but one appears to be interested.

Maybe new owners might be keen to sort it out - as the market is definately there
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:34 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:55 pm
A stadium like ours -- next to a train station and a motorway -- should be a money spinner for non football events etc
Sadly -- our stadium management team have never been able to sort out the length of time it takes to leave the car parks etc at the end of these concerts and as a consequence tour managers/organisers (like my sister) won't touch it with a barge pole.

She's written/emailed/spoken to BWFC on numerous occasions about this, and the actions they could take to create solutions but one appears to be interested.

Maybe new owners might be keen to sort it out - as the market is definately there
Interesting. What actions are being suggested? As I understand it the club have repeatedly asked for traffic light and road control and been refused.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Not sure it's any less easy to get out of Redshite after a gig. I went for three pints after one gig, at a boozer a bus ride away and when I ambled back our driver was still on the car park.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Indeed. Try getting away from Woodstock, and that was fifty years ago...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Mainly around traffic management at the junction of Burnden Way and De Havilland Way

The cost of a couple of police doing some traffic control would be incomparable to the income generated if they could sort it out

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:45 pm

In not sure getting away from Woodstock was viewed as important by the attendees...

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:01 pm

anyway - we digress

Is it going to be done tomorrow ?
Any betting men want to give odds