Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm sort of less than shocked. I figured that they might have found a way to keep ticking whilst they resolved things, but the "legal position of various parties" altering sounds murkily mysterious.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:39 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:16 pm
I'm sort of less than shocked. I figured that they might have found a way to keep ticking whilst they resolved things, but the "legal position of various parties" altering sounds murkily mysterious.
Not according to Insano, he claims to know exactly what it is...
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:25 pm
I know what the legal issue is........I don't fully understand it - but I know what it is.
Which would imply it isn't Bassini, otherwise he would fully understand it. He's probably talking ITK Bingo Bullshit mind.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:38 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:30 pm
how can he (MJ) sit silently and allow this charade to go on, its unbelievable.
Maybe he can't afford the higher price.

Maybe he thinks the other bidders have overbid, in an attempt to take it out of his reach.

Maybe he genuinely fears for the future of the club if the other bidders win.

Maybe he's ringing round all the rich folks he knows, trying to raise the funds.

Maybe we don't know.

Maybe it's a bit more complicated than winning an eBay auction. Just as football's a bit more complicated than "play the kids, they can't do any worse."

I'm confident that MJ is hurting as much as you are. Probably more, because (1) he's seen where the bodies are buried and (2) he's come oh so close to taking over.

As has been said, we're all hurting, we're all worried, we're all angry. But taking it out on MJ seems unreasonably harsh.
Amen to this. Michael James is a fan, like me and you.

Can’t see how any legal issue is unrelated to Ken / Bassini but what do I know huh?

Certainly not panning put as planned this.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:42 pm

This is going to end in tears. I was confident we'd find ourselves out of this (in a fairly painful way, struggling etc.) but I'm getting more jittery that we may have come to the endgame for our beloved team.

In a weird way the Supporters Trust CVA-ing the stadium makes it an even bitter reminder, stadium can't be used for anything other than it's original purpose. No flats, no Amazon shed, just a big empty stadium doing nowt
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:47 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:42 pm
This is going to end in tears. I was confident we'd find ourselves out of this (in a fairly painful way, struggling etc.) but I'm getting more jittery that we may have come to the endgame for our beloved team.

In a weird way the Supporters Trust CVA-ing the stadium makes it an even bitter reminder, stadium can't be used for anything other than it's original purpose. No flats, no Amazon shed, just a big empty stadium doing nowt
The ACV is level chocolate teapot useful. It gives our supporters trust (BIGLOLZ) first bite at a purchase for 6(?) months.

Most useful thing in the event of liquidation is planning policy. I’ll need to read up a bit (hope not) but I suspect sport England will have a big say in keeping the land within football/sports use - an application for a new commercial/retail use (particularly out of centre) is far from a given. Sport England a massive pain for developers in these situations.

Having said that without a team what use is a ground?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:10 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:47 pm
TKIZ! wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:42 pm

The ACV is level chocolate teapot useful. It gives our supporters trust (BIGLOLZ) first bite at a purchase for 6(?) months.

Most useful thing in the event of liquidation is planning policy. I’ll need to read up a bit (hope not) but I suspect sport England will have a big say in keeping the land within football/sports use - an application for a new commercial/retail use (particularly out of centre) is far from a given. Sport England a massive pain for developers in these situations.

Having said that without a team what use is a ground?
As I've said before, Sisu at Coventry thought the same in their fight with the local authority. It turned out a Rugby club was only too willing to step in and use it... It doesn't have to be a football club, it could be any sports organisation: rugby, cricket, athletics, baseball, velodrome, speedway, etc etc
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:06 pm

All this is depressing the shxt out of me. Just thought I'd mention it....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Just don't understand the Khamani interest -when us fans can feck over their online business if they get our backs up...
We need to send em a clear message ... leave our club alone or reap what you sow
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:39 pm

#FACEPALM

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:53 pm

We are unknowing participants in a new film; Carry On Takeover. Sponsored by Ringbinders@WHSmith.

Laurence Basssini = Bernard Bresslaw
Ken Anderson = Sid James
Sharon Brittan = Barbara Windsor, the more cerebral version.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:57 pm

I’m now at a loose end tomorrow night.

Is it worth two hours in the car to come over and show this c#nt what I think of him using our statue of Nat as a meeting place for the mentally unstable?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:58 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Just don't understand the Khamani interest -when us fans can feck over their online business if they get our backs up...
We need to send em a clear message ... leave our club alone or reap what you sow
If the Geordies can't shift Ashley or affect his business, I'm sure Boohoo would think they could put up with a little inconvenience before carrying on as normal.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:06 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:57 pm
I’m now at a loose end tomorrow night.

Is it worth two hours in the car to come over and show this c#nt what I think of him using our statue of Nat as a meeting place for the mentally unstable?
Thinking the same. The shear audacity of the man. If I was the administrator I'd be seeking a restraining order keeping him away. Just for his safety. He is so far detached from reality it's frightening.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:57 am

Anyone nearer unzipping their pockets or purse yet? I've seen quite a few moths about and thought something was imminent.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:39 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 pm
By the way, their market capitalisation is £2.69bn
(£2,690,000,000) - good luck with trying to influence that.

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-sear ... rdinary-1p
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:42 pm

^ and apropos of that, I believe a better approach may be to send a begging letter to anybody named Kamani pleading with them to take over the football club once they've bought the hotel... Just Mentioning It.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:47 pm

Well Ashley never had a good name to lose but we might find that the Khamanis think differently about riding roughshod over the dreams of thousands

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:50 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:47 pm
Well Ashley never had a good name to lose but we might find that the Khamanis think differently about riding roughshod over the dreams of thousands
I'm struggling to understand this "riding roughshod over the dreams of thousands". If Football Ventures (Whites) Limited are struggling to buy a hotel in which they are the major secured creditor they are hardly Dreamweavers now are they?

And they are called Kamani by the way, no relation to the Ayatollahs.
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:54 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:57 am
Anyone nearer unzipping their pockets or purse yet? I've seen quite a few moths about and thought something was imminent.
I was rather hoping you'd put in a bid Hobes - get them young whippersnappers up and down Winter Hill dragging a tractor tyre. That'll show 'em.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:35 pm

the dream of bolton wanderers -- if they buy the hotel and not the ground/team/business then we're stuffed