Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:50 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 am
Blimey guys, as most of you know I’m a gooner but have some good friends amongst you and have been to several matches over the last 10 years or so. Certainly got a soft spot for you lot and the checking news on this has felt never ending to me at times so I can’t imagine what you fans are going through. Really hoping and praying for a huge turnaround and the club to be saved. Would be an absolute travesty if the worst happened. :(

Thanks GG. Feel so helpless right now. I feel sick to the pit of my stomach, as i'm sure does everyone else on here. There won't be much work going on in this office today, that's for sure! :roll:
No change there then tbf ;) but hopefully this is the rock bottom and things are only going to get better. People will make good decisions and do the right thing surely?!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:51 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:39 am
This is my non - ITK reckon inferred from the bits we do know. It is also pretty positive so would appreciate if nobody came along pointing out the flaws.

Seems like the hitch is the EDT loan which I think we know wasn't too the club, but to KA who then loaned it to the club secured against something. So from the club (and so FV and the admins POV, it is KA who is owed cash, as a secured creditor).

I suspect FV have offered to pay less than 100% of that back (let's say 80%) and that is all they can afford and everyone accepts that.

For Ken, he doesn't really care, because ultimately it is EDT who are owed money. As long as they are happy to take 80% as well from KA, sure.

However, EDT trustees have a duty to beneficiaries of the EDT to basically get them the most money. It's at least arguable that on this loan the football club's problems are irrelevant, and as long as KA can pay the full whack, they should not accept less.

That would obviously be bad for KA. So I imagine the trustees are saying that they will also accept the eg 80% from KA but there is negotiation over some sort of indemnity for the trustees if they get sued down the line (i.e. Ken, MJ, FV, someone picks up the tab).

Add in the KG and MJ emnity and people are playing silly buggers.

The reason I'm hopeful is it sounds there was a point at which EDT were satisfied (and given its the "Eddie Davies" Trust I think they'll do what they can to save the club, as will MJ and FV) which only leaves Ken. At the end of the day, if it's liquidation he's f*cked. He'll get much less in the £ and still owe EDT full whack.

I wouldn't trust him to save the club even if it only cost him a fiver to do so, but I don't think he'd pay to ruin us. As long as KA is the only major hiccup, and the deal going through is in his interests, I think it'll be reet.

As above, this is wild conjecture but it's keeping me sane.
I think that’s all reasonable to assume. I’m not sure anyone WANTS us to be liquidated. My main concern is it happens by accident - the business is insolvent, so any delays from now mean we’re pretty much fecked. I worry there’s not enough time to sort things out.

I also think we’re now a much less attractive proposition than when this whole process started.
Relegation is now almost guaranteed, meaning buyers are paying £25m for a league 2 club, with it being a long way back towards making any money from us. There must be a point that however well intentioned FV are, they feel the deal really isn’t viable for them anymore - we know their pockets aren’t the deepest.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:54 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:50 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 am
Blimey guys, as most of you know I’m a gooner but have some good friends amongst you and have been to several matches over the last 10 years or so. Certainly got a soft spot for you lot and the checking news on this has felt never ending to me at times so I can’t imagine what you fans are going through. Really hoping and praying for a huge turnaround and the club to be saved. Would be an absolute travesty if the worst happened. :(

Thanks GG. Feel so helpless right now. I feel sick to the pit of my stomach, as i'm sure does everyone else on here. There won't be much work going on in this office today, that's for sure! :roll:
No change there then tbf ;) but hopefully this is the rock bottom and things are only going to get better. People will make good decisions and do the right thing surely?!

Quiet you. Don't go telling everyone about my skiving! :mrgreen:

You'd hope that people would make good decisions, but we've been hoping for that for months. We just need one group (or individual), whether it be FV or this latest group to be rumoured, to save 145 years of history!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:23 am
Just throwing this out there...
Sounds more plausible than the Kamanis that’s for sure.

The problem I have is that if they want the club they need to make a bid. Quickly. Yet haven’t even seen the books supposedly. So not sure how that works in timeframe. We will see. If someone wants to rock up with a load of cash to save us I won’t say no.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:58 am

I'll get the wheelbarrow out

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:02 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:57 am
Worthy4England wrote:

The problem I have is that if they want the club they need to make a bid. Quickly. Yet haven’t even seen the books supposedly. So not sure how that works in timeframe. We will see. If someone wants to rock up with a load of cash to save us I won’t say no.
This cash will be needed this week though, as the club urgently needs an injection of cash to pay the August salaries this week.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:07 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:02 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:57 am
Worthy4England wrote:

This cash will be needed this week though, as the club urgently needs an injection of cash to pay the August salaries this week.
Indeed. That’s the problem. We haven’t got a lot of time here. Unless admins are being dishonest. And as someone pointed out if they were that’s very serious in their line of business.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:07 am

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august ... anderers6/

Following my statement of yesterday morning, I am glad to report there is continuing dialogue between the parties whose positions will ultimately decide the fate of the club.

Myself and my team will continue to do everything possible to facilitate a deal and we will work tirelessly to get this finalised for the club, fans, staff and wider community.

The future of Bolton Wanderers is still in doubt but I have to believe there can be a positive outcome before today’s 5pm deadline set by the EFL.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:09 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:07 am

Following my statement of yesterday morning, I am glad to report there is continuing dialogue between the parties whose positions will ultimately decide the fate of the club.

Myself and my team will continue to do everything possible to facilitate a deal and we will work tirelessly to get this finalised for the club, fans, staff and wider community.

The future of Bolton Wanderers is still in doubt but I have to believe there can be a positive outcome before today’s 5pm deadline set by the EFL.
Glimmer of hope! 🤞🏼

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:10 am

Worthy4England wrote:

Lets see who blinks first

:whack:
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:11 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:09 am
Worthy4England wrote:

Glimmer of hope! 🤞🏼
I suspect when push comes to shove, we'll get through this GG. :-) Last mile and all that. Darkest before dawn etc.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:17 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:09 am
Worthy4England wrote:

Glimmer of hope! 🤞🏼
That reads as listen, we've given em a kick up the arse and they are finally talking. I'm at work at 2pm and can't check the news until after 5pm, I control aeroplanes for a living and I'm expected to maintain 100% concentration. People's lives are on the line here, please announce all is fine before then.

*I am obviously joking and I never let external problems influence the safety of fare paying passengers.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:41 am

Faith and hope, never give either up. None of this is about financial wanabees, but about our football club. A resolution about all else is immaterial...We will win....COME ON YOU WHITES...... :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

Remember Ben Stokes......! :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Brian O'Neil? The bloke out of Love Story?
#OneForTheTeenagers

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:58 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
There won't be much work going on in this office today, that's for sure! :roll:
As opposed to what? :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:07 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:58 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
There won't be much work going on in this office today, that's for sure! :roll:
As opposed to what? :)

Don’t you start as well. :spank:

IT have just taken all of the servers down, so i’m now reliant on my phone. Where’s the bloody charger? :shock:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:11 am

Be reet this.
Somebody needed the balls to put a deadline on it.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:19 am

Jim White on TalkSport said he'd had a 3word text from KA: Ongoing talks. Optimistic.

Read into that what you will.....

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:24 am

dave the minion wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:19 am
Jim White on TalkSport said he'd had a 3word text from KA: Ongoing talks. Optimistic.

Read into that what you will.....
Marc Iles has tweeted similar.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:26 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:11 am
Be reet this.
Somebody needed the balls to put a deadline on it.
Absolutely, and Cunto Kenny will take it right to the wire.
May the bridges I burn light your way