Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:11 pm

£4m you say? Bassini might have had access to that much!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:11 pm
Yeh, he migt have, though I doubt it. What he wouldn't have had is the rest of the necessary.
What I, personally, don't understand, is what is so criminal about financing a buy-out by the major means of selling off an asset to then rent it back. Balfour Beatty, Carillion, Bombardier, Serco, Hitachi, etc have all performed the same trick.
It's not exactly asset stripping, and it's certainly more morally acceptable.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:17 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:11 pm
Yeh, he migt have, though I doubt it. What he wouldn't have had is the rest of the necessary.
What I, personally, don't understand, is what is so criminal about financing a buy-out by the major means of selling off an asset to then rent it back. Balfour Beatty, Carillion, Bombardier, Serco, Hitachi, etc have all performed the same trick.
It's not exactly asset stripping, and it's certainly more morally acceptable.
Of course, if David Sullivan could be persuaded to lend Laurence Bassini the missing funds to plug the gap that Future Ventures have, so long as they are merely buying the UniBol to rent it back to themselves, in different names, with different companies registered, then all will be OK. Nirvana will fxcking reign, obviously, because all you need to run a fxcking football club is dosh, obviously...
Christ on a stick.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:32 pm

I'll give it 48 hours before we are told that it'll be 48 hours before the Next Big Announcement. That announcement will probably tell us that an announcement will be made next week, probably before Friday.

...but don't worry, the record length of time to sell a football club is up in the centuries: Vatican City FC have been in administration searching for an owner since 1478.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:48 pm

Admins have made 3 announcements. 1) Preferred bidder selected. 2) HoTs signed. 3) Preferred bidder formally named.

Not sure what other announcements have been promised and not made - the only thing left to announce is signing of SPA followed by completion. They might simply wait for change of control to complete before doing that. But nothing else has been promised.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:48 pm
Admins have made 3 announcements. 1) Preferred bidder selected. 2) HoTs signed. 3) Preferred bidder formally named.

Not sure what other announcements have been promised and not made - the only thing left to announce is signing of SPA followed by completion. They might simply wait for change of control to complete before doing that. But nothing else has been promised.
Who, apart from you, mentioned anything about promises?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:05 pm

I empathise with LLS's point: we're constantly told it's just round the corner.

But that's because the people involved seem to think it is, so the journalists they talk to repeat that, so the people who read the journalists prepare the party-poppers.

The alternative is a huge ongoing media silence, and I don't think people would react calmly to that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:12 pm

The administrators are not giving out timescales - because the issues that need resolving are not in their control. Hence they cannot make things happen any quicker. If the media report stuff in terms of "timings" its not coming from the administrators or certainly is an interpretation of what is being said. It is "close" is all that is being said behind closed doors- but has been this way for a week. Close is meaningless because the agreements required could be struck in a minute and the legal paperwork done in a couple of days or it could drag on ad-infinitum until agreements are reached. Nothing has been said about 48 hours or an announcement coming or anything.

When we went into administration I think I (or DSB) pointed out that no club had exited administration outside of pre-pack in under 3 months most going close to 6 months or more. As frustrating and ultimately disappointing it is to see this drag on - in reality this was always the likelihood as soon as administration was announced in the last week of May.

The fault with our current situation lies solely on the shoulders of Ken Anderson who knowing what he knew should have filed for admin in the first week of March. Avoiding a points deduction for next season, avoiding the close season being wiped out and avoiding this very situation. Because he didn't we are now where we are.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:05 pm
The alternative is a huge ongoing media silence, and I don't think people would react calmly to that.
Oh I don't know!

:wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:05 pm
I empathise with LLS's point: we're constantly told it's just round the corner.

But that's because the people involved seem to think it is, so the journalists they talk to repeat that, so the people who read the journalists prepare the party-poppers.

When the Sun is in ascendency
And The Times aligns with t'Mail
Then peace will guide the Telegraph
And the Grauniard will fail

This is the dawning of the Age of The Media
The Age of The Media
The Media! The Media!

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living…
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 pm

^^ Listen Spots, about those flowers in your hair mate.... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:32 pm

Screenshot_20190709-223000_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190709-223000_Twitter.jpg (562.67 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
People with very small genitalia may see this as BIG news. :lol:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:14 pm

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:57 am

Strangest thing around that (given the "number" isn't unadjacent to where people thought it might have been) is that our old friends Forest Green Rovers don't get any sort of mention. I assume somehow we'd got that to a "not debt" position...

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:56 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:57 am
Strangest thing around that (given the "number" isn't unadjacent to where people thought it might have been) is that our old friends Forest Green Rovers don't get any sort of mention. I assume somehow we'd got that to a "not debt" position...
Do they come under the umbrella term of ‘football creditors’?

It’s a pretty damning list and shows the cost to local businesses and services of our ineptitude. It also flies in the face of Ken’s relatively recent proclamations of our sound financial health.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 am

I imagine it would be the same at most championship clubs were owners to pull the plug.

The amount to Ken seems low?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:07 am

jimbo wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:56 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:57 am
Do they come under the umbrella term of ‘football creditors’?

It’s a pretty damning list and shows the cost to local businesses and services of our ineptitude. It also flies in the face of Ken’s relatively recent proclamations of our sound financial health.
I think he refers to his own bank balance. Everything else , to use your own description, seems total ineptitude. The man's a total charlatan. Not often I jump on these sort of band-waggons, but in his case....Again, lack of real information could prove me wrong....?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:13 am

I believe Ken and at least one other secured creditor are contesting the amounts they are owed - and people wonder why this takeover hasn't just "happened".

To further complicate it - much of the secured debt was against assets in BL - the club and hotel. So it is very difficult to accurately split some of those assets between the two administrations. Which means subsequently managing any challenges is very difficult.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:04 am

I'd love to know which of the creditors are football agents. You know? Every cloud and all that ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:35 am

Initial observations:

1.) KA much lower than expected £1.5m v £5m
2.) BW slightly higher £3m v £2.5m
3.) PBP secured debt not quantified presumably due to MJ being involved in the takeover,but that was reported to be £6.5m. Interesting that PBP also have £248k unsecured debt as well.
4.) Football creditors (£2.75m) are supposed to get paid in full so total unsecured based on 35p in the pound for the rest would be around £5.5m. Then whatever the individual secured creditors would be prepared to accept.
5.) Given the split between club and hotel it looks a hugely complex deal.