Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 17, 2019 11:48 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:51 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 am
We probably need to move on from coulda, shoulda. We didn't. So we just have to deal with what's in front of us. Since the cut off was introduced, 14 have gone in before the cut-off (quite a few early in the season - Sept/Oct although Jan/Feb/March seem to be the most likely). 8 have gone in after the cut-off...so it's about 2:1. The average length of time seems to be around 6 months (which seems to remain constant when you remove a couple of outliers from both ends)..
6 months would be very bad wouldn't it? I realise you've already accepted next season as a write off but not sure many of our fans have yet.
Where did I write off next season? What I accept is we're in a process (which there's no guarantee will have a happy ending) which I have zero control over, so it's pretty pointless me being worried about "what bad is". I think bad is, don't manage to rescue club. Good is probably all done end Jun/mid July...six months which looks to be "average" puts us in November, but outside the process, I really just have to accept what will be.

What our fans expect is up to them, if they want to remain blissfully ignorant that we could still go bump and the most important thing we're trying to achieve is "save the club", there ain't a whole lot I can do about that either...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri May 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Does Administration prevent us from signing free agents, agreeing new contracts? I presume it doesn't otherwise we'd pretty much already know we couldn't fulfill our fixtures next season.

I realise we'll be shopping in the bargain basement aisle anyway but I guess with admin we'd be even further restricted on what we can offer? 《Seeks out boots and dubbing from the shed》
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 17, 2019 1:40 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:32 pm
Does Administration prevent us from signing free agents, agreeing new contracts? I presume it doesn't otherwise we'd pretty much already know we couldn't fulfill our fixtures next season.

I realise we'll be shopping in the bargain basement aisle anyway but I guess with admin we'd be even further restricted on what we can offer? 《Seeks out boots and dubbing from the shed》
Under league rules it wouldn't prevent us signing frees (though each deal would have to be signed off by league as we're under embargo). But in practical real terms - unless there is sufficient cash flow into the business to cover the expenditure and ongoing commitments the administrator cannot allow it. And I suspect the administrator will leave progressing anything like that to as late as possible in the hope he can conclude business before that point.

Should we get to the first week in August he may be forced to allow the club to sign some very short term contracts in order to fulfill fixtures. But remember the league will allow us to play with the U18s if necessary to complete games (as they said re Brentford) so it may be that is the route to starting the season if things haven't been sorted.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri May 17, 2019 1:48 pm

Ah right. Cheers

Just when we thought we couldn't have a worse pre season than last year..
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:32 pm
《Seeks out boots and dubbing from the shed》
You going to kick them to death whilst DJing?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 17, 2019 2:03 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:48 pm
Ah right. Cheers

Yep - its unlikely to be pretty. It might change if the administrator sees a clear course where we're still in admin in August/September - if he starts to believe that to be the case he may have to allow Parky to start work on short term deals to get players in.

But it won't be ideal for the admin process. Another one I wonder is about season tickets. Surely they will have to go on sale soon and well before admin can conclude. Who will make the decision on pricing etc..?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 17, 2019 2:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:03 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Ah right. Cheers

Yep - its unlikely to be pretty. It might change if the administrator sees a clear course where we're still in admin in August/September - if he starts to believe that to be the case he may have to allow Parky to start work on short term deals to get players in.

But it won't be ideal for the admin process. Another one I wonder is about season tickets. Surely they will have to go on sale soon and well before admin can conclude. Who will make the decision on pricing etc..?
Who the fxck do you think made the decision on pricing last year? And if you say Ken, I'll scream................
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:34 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Ah right. Cheers

Who the fxck do you think made the decision on pricing last year? And if you say Ken, I'll scream................
Ken signed off on everything - whether he formulated the pricing structure himself or not is neither here nor there. Ultimately he "made the decision".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 17, 2019 2:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:40 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:34 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Ah right. Cheers

Ken signed off on everything - whether he formulated the pricing structure himself or not is neither here nor there. Ultimately he "made the decision".
You'll be telling me next he ordered some ovens...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Ah right. Cheers

Unless there's a new owner, I think admins will take that decision... Given there's coppering up going on, I'd expect that it's not escaped their notice...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm

No expert on admin but as their aim is to protect the business as a going concern they'll have to get some players in, as they are fairly essential component! God knows what standard they'll be though. Every year players get slagged off for not being good enough and then we buy worse. We'll end up with someone who makes Donaldson look like heskey!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 17, 2019 4:41 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm
No expert on admin but as their aim is to protect the business as a going concern they'll have to get some players in, as they are fairly essential component! God knows what standard they'll be though. Every year players get slagged off for not being good enough and then we buy worse. We'll end up with someone who makes Donaldson look like heskey!
Depends - they keep the business going. We might be able to do that with existing kids without spending anymore.

Administrator ideally will sell before it gets to the point of having to negotiate playing contracts. Because they are responsible for the business continuing but not for having a competitive team necessarily.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 17, 2019 4:52 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm
:lol:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:25 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48282292

^^Interesting article on Watford. Covers Bassini, winding up petitions, hidden debts, new owners, FA cup finals. Hopefully even though KA outdid Bassini and we have gone further into the abyss, we might eventually have a similar outcome, and that doesn't mean starting with Bassini taking over!! Wasn't he supposed to be submitting his extra large bag of Minstrels with a pouch of Hoola Hoops bid just about now?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 17, 2019 7:17 pm

It’s one thing saying play the kids. But a lot of them are also out of contract:

Harry Brockbank (pro, 26/09/98, centre-back)
Liam Edwards (pro, 02/10/96, centre-back)
Chiori Johnson (pro, 05/10/97, right-back/defender)
Joe Muscatt (pro, 15/12/97, left-back)
Jack Earing (pro, 21/01/99, central midfielder)
Joe Pritchard (pro, 10/09/96, midfielder)
Dennis Politic (pro, 05/03/00, winger)
Stephen Duke-McKenna (pro, 17/08/00, forward)

...and that’s just the older ones. Youth academies are predicated on a pyramidal structure in which players get discarded every year.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri May 17, 2019 7:56 pm

Also season tickets - what the fck is happening about them?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 17, 2019 8:16 pm

Darcy is one linked elsewhere. Don't know if he's contracted.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 pm

Anyone know why we owe Macron our old stadium sponsor money ?
Surely the relationship should have been the other way round with them giving ££ to us
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 18, 2019 7:34 am

nelson66 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:37 pm
Anyone know why we owe Macron our old stadium sponsor money ?
Surely the relationship should have been the other way round with them giving ££ to us
Speculation alert. All the branded kit we sell, I assume they're due a cut of, somewhere along the line as supplier?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat May 18, 2019 8:52 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:25 pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48282292

^^Interesting article on Watford. Covers Bassini, winding up petitions, hidden debts, new owners, FA cup finals. Hopefully even though KA outdid Bassini and we have gone further into the abyss, we might eventually have a similar outcome, and that doesn't mean starting with Bassini taking over!! Wasn't he supposed to be submitting his extra large bag of Minstrels with a pouch of Hoola Hoops bid just about now?

Pour yourself a stiff drink, sit down and take a deep breath. I've got some shocking news: there was no bid by Bassini yesterday. I am crushed.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!