Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Enoch » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Adios dafkaren?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:36 pm

Am I right in saying season tickets details havent been announced yet? We’re 5 weeks from the start of the season with 5 outfield players, a transfer embargo, minus 12 points and 0 season ticket sales. That’s a lot of ground to make up for the new owners.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:38 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:27 pm
Adios dafkaren?
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:42 pm

jimbo wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:36 pm
Am I right in saying season tickets details havent been announced yet? We’re 5 weeks from the start of the season with 5 outfield players, a transfer embargo, minus 12 points and 0 season ticket sales. That’s a lot of ground to make up for the new owners.
I believe season ticketing would be a step too far in the present circumstances. Unless you were prepared to sign a waiver that you might be buying a season ticket to a series of hustings and a Rollerblade park (and a concert by Status Quo :grin: ).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:55 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:42 pm
jimbo wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:36 pm
I believe season ticketing would be a step too far in the present circumstances. Unless you were prepared to sign a waiver that you might be buying a season ticket to a series of hustings and a Rollerblade park (and a concert by Status Quo :grin: ).
It’s 8 weeks since the last game of last season, and just 5 until the new season starts. It seems like time is of the essence. We’ve a hell of a lot to get through, when ideally we need to hit to ground running to overcome the points deficit.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:56 pm

In short I’ve jumped from a 1 to a 4 in the last 24hrs.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:27 pm

Heads of Terms agreed with preferred bidder, to be named formally on Monday.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Good news but they now need to get on with SPA. Bit surprised it's taken this long to get to Heads and find it somewhat strange that they can't formally name our proposed owners until Monday..

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:32 pm

Heads of Terms is a non-binding agreement. For the administrators to claim that this is some huge leap forward is absolute bollocks. Sure, it's a step in the right direction, but for it to have taken so long just to get an 'in principle' nodding agreement in place, five weeks ahead of the season starting with, as Jimbo attests, no players, no tickets sold, no training done and a 12+ points deduction to live with, means that these are deeply worrying times.
May the bridges I burn light your way

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:32 pm
Heads of Terms is a non-binding agreement. For the administrators to claim that this is some huge leap forward is absolute bollocks. Sure, it's a step in the right direction, but for it to have taken so long just to get an 'in principle' nodding agreement in place, five weeks ahead of the season starting with, as Jimbo attests, no players, no tickets sold, no training done and a 12+ points deduction to live with, means that these are deeply worrying times.
Can I ask if you're available for an inspirational after dinner speech I'm planning.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:03 pm

:wink:

Intention all along has been to complete within a week of heads of terms being signed. I suspect they are aiming for Weds or Thurs but of course who knows. I also know that HoTs were signed with one outstanding issue still to be resolved....I do not know what it is, just that it has been ignored for sake of progress but I assume will need resolving before the SPA is signed.

Whilst the timescale is dreadful with regard to next season the bigger picture is that if football ventures cannot or will not complete this deal the administrators will seek liquidation. So getting this over the line is so important. I hope FV can get this done quickly and come ready to get on with things. They better had.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:03 pm

Intention all along has been to complete within a week of heads of terms being signed. I suspect they are aiming for Weds or Thurs but of course who knows. I also know that HoTs were signed with one outstanding issue still to be resolved....I do not know what it is, just that it has been ignored for sake of progress but I assume will need resolving before the SPA is signed.

Whilst the timescale is dreadful with regard to next season the bigger picture is that if football ventures cannot or will not complete this deal the administrators will seek liquidation. So getting this over the line is so important. I hope FV can get this done quickly and come ready to get on with things. They better had.

You, seemingly.

Where are you getting all this from?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Agree. Really hoping that by getting to Heads, they've ironed out all the real stumbling blocks with nothing too contentious left to resolve and they can now get a motor on to completion.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:54 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:58 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Can I ask if you're available for an inspirational after dinner speech I'm planning.
You can ask. :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:18 pm

To quote Bradley Walsh..."I'm losing the will to live"... ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:23 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:21 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:03 pm

You, seemingly.

Where are you getting all this from?
Seconded.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:30 pm

I've still got an aunt lives up Bromley Cross. Her milkman told the window cleaner there's a good chance the deal will be done soon.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:42 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:30 pm
I've still got an aunt lives up Bromley Cross. Her milkman told the window cleaner there's a good chance the deal will be done soon.
Is the window cleaner Mexican?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:20 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:42 pm
Enoch wrote:
One of my colleagues has a black window cleaner. He calls him Chamois Davis Junior :)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:46 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:20 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:42 pm
Enoch wrote:
One of my colleagues has a black window cleaner. He calls him Chamois Davis Junior :)
:D

Is his milkman's horse called Trigger?