Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
Super Dave
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 11:07 am

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Super Dave » Wed May 15, 2019 6:10 pm

Has the possibility of the existing owner continuing under a creditors agreement been shelved already?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:48 pm
Honk! Parp!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rers-offer

"I didn't want to do it after administration, I wanted to prevent the damage that has caused, however it wasn't possible and not of my making. I will be speaking with the people at the club on Friday and they will have my offer."
Baldrick with another cunning plan....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8192
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by LeverEnd » Wed May 15, 2019 6:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:37 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:23 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:55 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:01 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:34 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 pm
Has Paul Aldridge left the building? 🐍
Some people say Aldridge was trying to do right by the club....others say he was a complete wanker...
Know very little about him. However on the basis that he is a close associate of Ken Anderson's, when presumably a man of his background could earn a decent crust elsewhere, I'm going for 'complete wanker'.
Jesus Christ... And one wonders why some innocent people get burnt to death on the steps of a Mexican police station by an angry mob?
Slightly odd comparison.
Sorry. Stressed. But, nevertheless, condemning people you don't know for things you have no idea about does kinda lead to that sort of comparison...
No it doesn't. I'm basing it on the shit show he's been part of. He chose to work for Ken Anderson. He helped this situation along, delivered lie after lie for his boss for a long period of time.
If we're doing hysterical comparisons to atrocities then I don't buy that he was 'just following orders'.
Ergo he's a c*nt.

Ps I'm not advocating burning him.
...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8192
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by LeverEnd » Wed May 15, 2019 6:28 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:48 pm
Honk! Parp!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rers-offer

"I didn't want to do it after administration, I wanted to prevent the damage that has caused, however it wasn't possible and not of my making. I will be speaking with the people at the club on Friday and they will have my offer."
Baldrick with another cunning plan....
At least Baldrick was funny!
But if Bassinirick fails with his bid but gets the catering contract, don't order the filet mignon in sauce bearnaise.
...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:33 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:28 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:11 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:48 pm
Honk! Parp!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rers-offer

"I didn't want to do it after administration, I wanted to prevent the damage that has caused, however it wasn't possible and not of my making. I will be speaking with the people at the club on Friday and they will have my offer."
Baldrick with another cunning plan....
At least Baldrick was funny!
But if Bassinirick fails with his bid but gets the catering contract, don't order the filet mignon in sauce bearnaise.
And the tea will be fine as it is, no milk nor sugar thank you :)

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3554
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by malcd1 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:16 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:50 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:48 pm
Honk! Parp!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rers-offer

"I didn't want to do it after administration, I wanted to prevent the damage that has caused, however it wasn't possible and not of my making. I will be speaking with the people at the club on Friday and they will have my offer."

So, it will all be sorted in 48 hours?

I hope only for the administrators to tell him to piss off.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8192
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by LeverEnd » Wed May 15, 2019 8:48 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:16 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:50 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:48 pm
Honk! Parp!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rers-offer

"I didn't want to do it after administration, I wanted to prevent the damage that has caused, however it wasn't possible and not of my making. I will be speaking with the people at the club on Friday and they will have my offer."

So, it will all be sorted in 48 hours?

I hope only for the administrators to tell him to piss off.
If they're busy, I can pop round and tell him. Delusional fecking amateur.
...

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8597
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by officer_dibble » Wed May 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:48 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:21 pm
Was he paid as a consultant or was he salaried staff?
Not sure we know fo sho.
rightly or wrongly that will conform my opinion. I reckon he’s been employed as a consultant by Ken’s inner circle mob. I’m really interested to see (someone cleverer than me analyse) the accounts and see what cash has gone where, who was paid when etc.

As for Bassini; surely that clown can’t be the only show in town now?

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38532
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Lovely touch from Preston North End sending two grands worth of food vouchers for the staff at the club. "Cometh the hour" etc....thanks and well done Preston.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20094
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 15, 2019 11:42 pm

Re: Preston, yep fair f*cks to them. Lovely touch indeed.

I said previously that admin wasn't good but looked like the least worst option. That was on the assumption that someone normal took over.

Bassini in charge as well as minus 12 points, we may have a new worst worst option!*

*Ok, probably other than liquidation.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26135
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administr ... _football)

Looking at administration of all football clubs is not very encouraging. Taking the "pre-packs" out which are now banned by the EFL - most are in for at least 4 months. Many in for far longer.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8240
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Enfield

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu May 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:48 pm
Honk! Parp!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rers-offer

"I didn't want to do it after administration, I wanted to prevent the damage that has caused, however it wasn't possible and not of my making. I will be speaking with the people at the club on Friday and they will have my offer."
Oh brilliant! I was going to put a bid in on Friday too but I've got NO chance now this financial Behemoth has scaled the horizon......... :roll:

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8597
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 16, 2019 8:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administr ... _football)

Looking at administration of all football clubs is not very encouraging. Taking the "pre-packs" out which are now banned by the EFL - most are in for at least 4 months. Many in for far longer.
4months takes us past any transfer window signings. Next season could be a bigger shambles than this one.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2102
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:27 pm
Location: Sarf East London

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm

Next season could be a bigger shambles than this one.

That, my friend, is nailed on.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8192
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 16, 2019 9:54 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm
Next season could be a bigger shambles than this one.

That, my friend, is nailed on.
Same circus, different clowns! feck it, if Ken's definitely gone then it'll be a start and I'll be there. Just drove past, it's an impressive place and at some point will host an impressive team again.
...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7259
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu May 16, 2019 10:41 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administr ... _football)

Looking at administration of all football clubs is not very encouraging. Taking the "pre-packs" out which are now banned by the EFL - most are in for at least 4 months. Many in for far longer.
4months takes us past any transfer window signings. Next season could be a bigger shambles than this one.
When have other sides gone into administration? I'd assume that most went into it during the close season and faced the same issues we're facing no?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Walkley_owl
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 10:43 am

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Walkley_owl » Fri May 17, 2019 2:53 am

Bates put Leeds in admin and got the club back however that led the FL to change the rules, particularly the points deduction as Bates did it on the final day after relegation to nullify any impact.

As for Paul Aldridge, always struck me as decent, Mandaric had him as his right hand man at ours and he did his job, sadly with you lot he couldn't polish the big turd Ken has dropped, though the flies may have seen of Bassini.....

I genuinely wish you all the best, hope as a club you come out of it in the best possible place you can, as fans we endure what the money men will never get, we have a loyalty that sees us turn up in all weathers, in whatever leagues despite being served up shite all for the brief hope that we can shock the world and upset the apple cart.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26135
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 17, 2019 8:49 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:41 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administr ... _football)

Looking at administration of all football clubs is not very encouraging. Taking the "pre-packs" out which are now banned by the EFL - most are in for at least 4 months. Many in for far longer.
4months takes us past any transfer window signings. Next season could be a bigger shambles than this one.
When have other sides gone into administration? I'd assume that most went into it during the close season and faced the same issues we're facing no?
Most seemingly had the sense to go into admin during the season....

Our delay could be very costly in terms of next season and potentially (depending how long it drags on) the season after that.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23447
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 am

We probably need to move on from coulda, shoulda. We didn't. So we just have to deal with what's in front of us. Since the cut off was introduced, 14 have gone in before the cut-off (quite a few early in the season - Sept/Oct although Jan/Feb/March seem to be the most likely). 8 have gone in after the cut-off...so it's about 2:1. The average length of time seems to be around 6 months (which seems to remain constant when you remove a couple of outliers from both ends)..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26135
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 17, 2019 10:51 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:31 am
We probably need to move on from coulda, shoulda. We didn't. So we just have to deal with what's in front of us. Since the cut off was introduced, 14 have gone in before the cut-off (quite a few early in the season - Sept/Oct although Jan/Feb/March seem to be the most likely). 8 have gone in after the cut-off...so it's about 2:1. The average length of time seems to be around 6 months (which seems to remain constant when you remove a couple of outliers from both ends)..
6 months would be very bad wouldn't it? I realise you've already accepted next season as a write off but not sure many of our fans have yet.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests