Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm
It’s ok. Another 48 hours....then maybe another...but one of these 48 hours....
...which would take us into the position whereby Administrators are running the club in the season. Which you said they wouldn't do.
They say they cannot without funding in place. But yes. I suspect first game would be suspended if takeover not done. Which would carry further penalty. So I think it will have to be well before then. Whatever that means.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm
It’s ok. Another 48 hours....then maybe another...but one of these 48 hours....
...which would take us into the position whereby Administrators are running the club in the season. Which you said they wouldn't do.
They say they cannot without funding in place. But yes. I suspect first game would be suspended if takeover not done. Which would carry further penalty. So I think it will have to be well before then. Whatever that means.
I think that means we've got 48 hours... No more, no less.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:51 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm
It’s ok. Another 48 hours....then maybe another...but one of these 48 hours....
...which would take us into the position whereby Administrators are running the club in the season. Which you said they wouldn't do.
They say they cannot without funding in place. But yes. I suspect first game would be suspended if takeover not done. Which would carry further penalty. So I think it will have to be well before then. Whatever that means.
I think that means we've got 48 hours... No more, no less.
You think the EFL will give us that long? Remember their concern is us having a proper squad for the season opener. So they will want it done in time to register a lot of players. I’d have thought....Once we play an u18 then they found against a squad place in our 23. So EFL don’t want us having a bunch of kids all season and ruining the integrity of their league.

nicholaldo
Promising
Promising
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:51 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm
It’s ok. Another 48 hours....then maybe another...but one of these 48 hours....
...which would take us into the position whereby Administrators are running the club in the season. Which you said they wouldn't do.
They say they cannot without funding in place. But yes. I suspect first game would be suspended if takeover not done. Which would carry further penalty. So I think it will have to be well before then. Whatever that means.
I think that means we've got 48 hours... No more, no less.
You think the EFL will give us that long? Remember their concern is us having a proper squad for the season opener. So they will want it done in time to register a lot of players. I’d have thought....Once we play an u18 then they found against a squad place in our 23. So EFL don’t want us having a bunch of kids all season and ruining the integrity of their league.

I don't think under-18s count for squad restriction purposes, and in any event, if we did fulfill the fixture whilst still in administration, that kind of transfer embargo wouldn't actually be in place at that stage.

But I agree, if nothing is sorted by Friday morning at the very latest I expect our fixture will also be suspended. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if that happened.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8009
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:01 pm

No, I don't believe that whatever has been spun to the EFL is true. I think it'll be off.
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19776
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:28 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:57 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:51 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:22 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm
It’s ok. Another 48 hours....then maybe another...but one of these 48 hours....
...which would take us into the position whereby Administrators are running the club in the season. Which you said they wouldn't do.
They say they cannot without funding in place. But yes. I suspect first game would be suspended if takeover not done. Which would carry further penalty. So I think it will have to be well before then. Whatever that means.
I think that means we've got 48 hours... No more, no less.
You think the EFL will give us that long? Remember their concern is us having a proper squad for the season opener. So they will want it done in time to register a lot of players. I’d have thought....Once we play an u18 then they found against a squad place in our 23. So EFL don’t want us having a bunch of kids all season and ruining the integrity of their league.

I don't think under-18s count for squad restriction purposes, and in any event, if we did fulfill the fixture whilst still in administration, that kind of transfer embargo wouldn't actually be in place at that stage.

But I agree, if nothing is sorted by Friday morning at the very latest I expect our fixture will also be suspended. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if that happened.
Aye think squad places are fluid until the transfer window ends, and as you say U18s don't count. I think we'd get away with playing a few on sat if it just a case of waiting for the paperwork. Especially the 17 year-olds. Plenty of them in first team squads.

What's the latest on players actually under contract (assuming they haven't validly cancelled it): Alnwick, Matthews, Lowe, Murphy, Oztumer, Magennis, Hall?

Then presumably an email/fax waiting to hit send on in roughly decreasing order of probability: Wheater, Hobbs, Brockbank, Pringle, Conway, Lafferty, Buckley.

Add in Boon, maybe Politic, Darcy. They're all maybe squad players. Enough to play a game.

I think we'll lose Sat, but I'm very tempted by 9s as well. In any football game that's tempting.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:35 am

Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do

Champo, here we come!

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37981
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:44 am

Gordon Taylor throws in a few sobering thoughts.. https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... on-opener/
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:14 pm

Maybe soon.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16680
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:15 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:14 pm
Maybe soon.
Darkest hour is before the dawn. Especially if you ain't got ten bob for the leccy.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:12 pm

I doubt it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Even if they take us over, they haven't a fxcking clue...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 am

I thought there was supposed to be announcement at 9am?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3584
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by DJBlu » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:16 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 am
I thought there was supposed to be announcement at 9am?
"We will issue a further update on ticket sales tomorrow morning."

They didn't stipulate which time zone though.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:51 am

DJBlu wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:16 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 am
I thought there was supposed to be announcement at 9am?
"We will issue a further update on ticket sales tomorrow morning."

They didn't stipulate which time zone though.
Ahhh, I thought I read 9am somewhere. Just my fevered imagination then.
Still, just an hour and eleven minutes to go to know what's going on.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25401
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:52 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:51 am
DJBlu wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:16 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 am
I thought there was supposed to be announcement at 9am?
"We will issue a further update on ticket sales tomorrow morning."

They didn't stipulate which time zone though.
Ahhh, I thought I read 9am somewhere. Just my fevered imagination then.
Still, just an hour and eleven minutes to go to know what's going on.
The update was about "tickets" so not sure how illuminated you will be even if it arrives.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:44 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:52 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:51 am
DJBlu wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:16 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 am
I thought there was supposed to be announcement at 9am?
"We will issue a further update on ticket sales tomorrow morning."

They didn't stipulate which time zone though.
Ahhh, I thought I read 9am somewhere. Just my fevered imagination then.
Still, just an hour and eleven minutes to go to know what's going on.
The update was about "tickets" so not sure how illuminated you will be even if it arrives.
Yeah, I know the update was about tickets. It may well contain a sub plot for those can read between the lines, or not as the case may be.
Whatever it's about, as usual they'll leave it to the last minute or beyond to get it together. Tardy bunch of no hopers.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest