Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:48 pm
Or I thought it was done...
I don't even know how to edit a thread title....
That looks edited to me! :-)

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:58 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:48 pm
Or I thought it was done...
I don't even know how to edit a thread title....
That looks edited to me! :-)
Tis now, :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:55 am

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Branagan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:02 am

Yeah I'm really nervous about this now. Got this bad feeling having to deal with the club and hotel separately is going to scupper us.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:23 pm

There are people out there, genuine people, who are worried about the lack of a new kit they can buy their sproglets. Are you listening to this Shazza?
Finger, out pull.
List of things to do:
New season kit.
Season tickets.
Stadium sponsorship.
Contract for half time pasties, etc.
Hotel Trivago ratings.
New Players. At least one.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35420
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:44 pm

^^^ Shirt and shorts sponsorship
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3966
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Enoch » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:52 pm

Get the f*cking bar open!

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:54 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:52 pm
Get the f*cking bar open!
Sorry, I missed that off. Mainly because I thought that was the obvious number one priority. Just goes to show not everybody thinks alike...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35420
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:52 pm
Get the f*cking bar open!
Rioja's Bar is always open, Enoch :drink: :pissed:
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 pm

I think, to put not too fine a point on it, you're all going bonkers.
You've gone Demob Happy - the definition of which is -
broadly applied to the feeling of relief at imminent release from a time-serving burden.
But the burden hasn't been lifted.
FV haven't bought us. Their millions (which probably don't actually exist: it's other people's millions, apart from the millions they've hoodwinked into 'existence') are not, as we speak, buying us. Why not? Everything is well apparently, happiness abounds, futures are secured, plans are in place, administrators want to fxck off into the sunset pocketing their wedge.
So what, exactly, is the fxcking hold-up?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37948
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 pm
I think, to put not too fine a point on it, you're all going bonkers.
You've gone Demob Happy - the definition of which is -
broadly applied to the feeling of relief at imminent release from a time-serving burden.
But the burden hasn't been lifted.
FV haven't bought us. Their millions (which probably don't actually exist: it's other people's millions, apart from the millions they've hoodwinked into 'existence') are not, as we speak, buying us. Why not? Everything is well apparently, happiness abounds, futures are secured, plans are in place, administrators want to fxck off into the sunset pocketing their wedge.
So what, exactly, is the fxcking hold-up?
We don't have enough pin-striped suits to go round... :)
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:12 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 pm
I think, to put not too fine a point on it, you're all going bonkers.
You've gone Demob Happy - the definition of which is -
broadly applied to the feeling of relief at imminent release from a time-serving burden.
But the burden hasn't been lifted.
FV haven't bought us. Their millions (which probably don't actually exist: it's other people's millions, apart from the millions they've hoodwinked into 'existence') are not, as we speak, buying us. Why not? Everything is well apparently, happiness abounds, futures are secured, plans are in place, administrators want to fxck off into the sunset pocketing their wedge.
So what, exactly, is the fxcking hold-up?
We don't have enough pin-striped suits to go round... :)
The one post that shows your age is that one Tango. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8002
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:19 pm

They've probably given the EFL the classic 'he's just coming down your street, guv' to buy time.
Sadly I don't believe in or trust this lot at all.
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

Enoch
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3966
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Enoch » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:19 pm
They've probably given the EFL the classic 'he's just coming down your street, guv' to buy time.
Sadly I don't believe in or trust this lot at all.

So it's not in the post?

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:28 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:19 pm
They've probably given the EFL the classic 'he's just coming down your street, guv' to buy time.
Sadly I don't believe in or trust this lot at all.

So it's not in the post?
No doubt somefxcker will be posting something.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3966
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Enoch » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:28 pm
Enoch wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:19 pm
They've probably given the EFL the classic 'he's just coming down your street, guv' to buy time.
Sadly I don't believe in or trust this lot at all.

So it's not in the post?
No doubt somefxcker will be posting something.
:D

Another fantasy in bubble wrap?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:43 pm

Every time they've been ready to sign, some bugger has pointed out they have circularities and holes in their finances, which they've had to go and investigate... If only it'd stop.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:43 pm
Every time they've been ready to sign, some bugger has pointed out they have circularities and holes in their finances, which they've had to go and investigate... If only it'd stop.
If only.......

...


...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25397
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm

It’s ok. Another 48 hours....then maybe another...but one of these 48 hours....

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37948
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:16 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:12 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 pm
I think, to put not too fine a point on it, you're all going bonkers.
You've gone Demob Happy - the definition of which is -
broadly applied to the feeling of relief at imminent release from a time-serving burden.
But the burden hasn't been lifted.
FV haven't bought us. Their millions (which probably don't actually exist: it's other people's millions, apart from the millions they've hoodwinked into 'existence') are not, as we speak, buying us. Why not? Everything is well apparently, happiness abounds, futures are secured, plans are in place, administrators want to fxck off into the sunset pocketing their wedge.
So what, exactly, is the fxcking hold-up?
We don't have enough pin-striped suits to go round... :)
The one post that shows your age is that one Tango. :wink:
As a teenager my dad actually offered to lend me his demob suit one night as I was off to the Palais. I hastily refused because as it was chucking stair rods down, I already looked like Mickey Spillane in his trench mac and trilby....Dedicated follower of fashion me......lol:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Will the sun ever rise on the Brittas Empire?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:55 pm
It’s ok. Another 48 hours....then maybe another...but one of these 48 hours....
...which would take us into the position whereby Administrators are running the club in the season. Which you said they wouldn't do.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest