League One 2019/20

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: League One 2019/20

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:32 am

Sounds like Pompey picked up a couple of injuries too. Hopefully that result, which will have really hurt them, leaves them still flat for Saturday.

In other news, what seemed an unlikely story anyway, Henrik Larrsson may not be taking charge at Southend.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:02 am

Dunno, think I'd have preferred a Portsmouth win. How often do you see it: "They battered a Premier league side but then fell to the side bottom of their table a few days later."

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:40 pm

Jugs wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:02 am
Dunno, think I'd have preferred a Portsmouth win. How often do you see it: "They battered a Premier league side but then fell to the side bottom of their table a few days later."
Apparently never :D
battered.JPG
battered.JPG (24.53 KiB) Viewed 343 times
More seriously, AFC Wimbledon - the Alpha Centauri to our sun in the League One universe, a mere 12 points distant - have suspended manager Wally Downes; he has been charged by the FA over betting. "Saturday’s match with Peterborough United will be managed by Glyn Hodges and the coaching staff."

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/201 ... statement/

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:13 pm

:D

Lol Downes has so much baggage, it's crazy they hired him in the first place.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:57 pm

While I may be losing a smidgen of faith in our inevitable heroic parade to safety, it's worth noting a couple of interesting battles above us tomorrow: both our fellow drop-zone dwellers face teams in that gormless clump just above them: Wombletown (3pts) host Rochdale (10pts) while Southend (4pts) presumably charter a tug across the murky Thames Estuary to Gillingham (10pts). Difficult to judge the best outcome: wins for the clubs near us would be a blow (as opposed to helping us haul them in) but wins for the upper clubs would put them 20+ clear of us going into Monday's game. They can't both win, though, and that clump also includes Accy (10pts), Tranmere (9) and Pompey (9).

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:57 pm
While I may be losing a smidgen of faith in our inevitable heroic parade to safety, it's worth noting a couple of interesting battles above us tomorrow: both our fellow drop-zone dwellers face teams in that gormless clump just above them: Wombletown (3pts) host Rochdale (10pts) while Southend (4pts) presumably charter a tug across the murky Thames Estuary to Gillingham (10pts). Difficult to judge the best outcome: wins for the clubs near us would be a blow (as opposed to helping us haul them in) but wins for the upper clubs would put them 20+ clear of us going into Monday's game. They can't both win, though, and that clump also includes Accy (10pts), Tranmere (9) and Pompey (9).
I hope they ALL lose.

TonyDomingos
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:09 pm
I hope they ALL lose.

With points deducted for fielding ineligible players.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:18 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:13 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:09 pm
I hope they ALL lose.

With points deducted for fielding ineligible players.
...and a dose of crippling syphillis

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:34 pm

...with John Aldridge getting bitten by a black mamba