League One 2019/20

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: League One 2019/20

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:10 pm
(slightly edited the below quote for facts we now know)
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:41 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:58 pm
Our next five league fixtures:

Sat 16/11 MK Dons (H)
Sat 23/11 Accrington Stanley (A)
Sat 7/12 AFC Wimbledon (H)
Sat 14/12 Peterborough United (A)
Sat 21/12 Southend United (H)
...with IMO the strong possibility of adding Lincoln back into that. The Imps tweeted on Friday that the clubs are actively discussing when to hold the rematch, and it looks to me to be in about a month's time. I've added the dates to your fixtures for ease...

At the moment it can't be:
• Wed 20/11 - held for FA Cup 1st Round replays - unless we both win or lose and they decide effectively nine days' notice is enough
• Tue 3/12 – the midweek scheduled for the first EFL Trophy knockout round.
• Tue 10/12 – FA Cup 2nd Round replays - but as with First Round, if we're both clear either way, then maybe

but it could be:
• Tue 26/11 (seems free to me)
• Sat 29/11 (FA Cup 2nd Round weekend - IF we both lose in FA1)
• Tue 10/12 (IF we both don't have FA2 replays)
Just to say that Burton and Doncaster both won their FA Cup replays last night, so we won't be playing them a week on Saturday (when we now have a free weekend because we went out of the FA Cup). Lincoln's replay, home to Ipswich, is tonight: don't be astounded, if they lose, to hear a quick announcement that we've rescheduled our rained-off game for that Saturday. Certainly if I were Keith I'd be trying to play them ASAP, while they're on a run of being dogshit. Equally, Appleton might want to wait awhile (and possibly reduce the size of support coming over the Pennines for an evening game), but I don't know what the arbitration is if one side drags its feet rearranging for non-logistical reasons. We could ask the "fixture arrangers" at the EFL, we might get a response by the time of the Paris Olympics :roll:

This assumes it will stop raining in Lincs sometime soon. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:01 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:54 pm
I saw Bristol Rovers scrape a very fortunate win in their cup replay at Bromley last night. If they are 5th in DSB's "spurious stats^ table above, then we should be top. They looked no more than a slightly-better-than-average National League side.
They'd be 4th if Rotherham didn't get to win every 11th game 6-1 :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:01 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:54 pm
I saw Bristol Rovers scrape a very fortunate win in their cup replay at Bromley last night. If they are 5th in DSB's "spurious stats^ table above, then we should be top. They looked no more than a slightly-better-than-average National League side.
They'd be 4th if Rotherham didn't get to win every 11th game 6-1 :D
:D
Afraid not - Brizzle are on target for 77.89, Rotherham 77.91... fine margins, certainly finer than 6-1...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:12 pm

Lincoln lost (in injury time - oof) and are now, like us, free a week Saturday. It’d be annoying if the game isn’t rescheduled - except perhaps for me, who bought a ticket for the first game but will be away.