Chester vs Bolton 19/07 ***OFF***

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Cestrian
Hopeful
Hopeful

Chester vs Bolton 19/07 ***OFF***

Post by Cestrian » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:34 am

Hi all, I’m a Chester season ticket holder who’s been living in Bolton the last couple of years. I’ve been to the Macron a few times, usually when Chester have been playing miles away.
I’m sorry to see what’s happened to you, we were wound up by the high court in 2010 after not even managing to get into positive points by Xmas. We were relegated, not only out of the conference but down to the Evostik Div 1 North, four divisions below the football league. We then won three league titles in a row. Keep the faith, you have the fans, the ground & the history.

Now the reason I started this thread was to ask whether there’s likely to be many going to Chester for the pre-season game on Friday & whether there’s any transport as it’d be nice to be able to have a beer at a home game for a change.

Best of luck for the forthcoming season.

EDIT - Game is now off following the statement released by BWFC today.
Last edited by Cestrian on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Chester vs Bolton 19/07

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:44 am

Slightly better attempt at thread title. But lacking in punnage. 3/10.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Chester vs Bolton 19/07

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Welcome Cestrian. My last visit to the Deva stadium brings back happy memories. A 2-2 draw after us being two down. It was the catalyst for Bruce Riochs side to kick on and win promotion that season and a certain John McGinlay scored his first ever goal in Bolton colours.

As for next week's game. I find pre season games to be even duller than check a trade and carabao cup games, so it's a no from me.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Chester vs Bolton 19/07 ***OFF***

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Preston game unsurprisingly cancelled!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:42 pm

Oldham off as well apparently, cancelled by them (so we can pretend that isn't our fault!).

This is all fine
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:47 pm

"This is at the request of the Latics, who will now take on alternative opposition."

Tell you what, it comes to something when you're being passive-aggressively dumped in advance by feckin' Oldham. (Nothing against them as a club historically, but it's been a three-ring circus of late. Mind you, it'd be nice to have a ring...)