Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:29 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:24 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:22 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:14 pm
Reality check.
We've just been beaten 2-0 by last season's 17th place League One.
We still have no owner, officially.
Parkinson, with a full set of malleable and enthusiastic youngsters still has no idea of what "Attack" means.

All praise the team, and the travelling fans.
Boo fxcking hiss to David Rubin & Partners, F fxcking V tosspots, the EFL, and bloody Parkinson.
We had no pre season, no striker of any description and kids who did themselves proud.

And none of those people are enemies. Parkinson is unpaid for 5 months and still here trying to put a team out. Deserves a medal.

We aren’t here because of any of the aforementioned people in your post. We all know who the real villains are in this.
In your eyes ...
We actually had as pre-season as advertised. It just all took place behind closed doors. Still a fxcking pre-season though innit?
Three games cancelled, instead three played out of sight.
A full pre season is 7 or 8 games to allow players to gradually build minutes. Not 3 behind closed doors games. That’s not proper preparation and a number of the players didn’t even have that.

But let’s face it that team did brilliantly. It is way below the quality required for this division. But still can only be proud in the most ridiculous of circumstances any team has likely ever played in.
And did I ever doubt or question that?
I praised the team, and the fans.
They were let down by Parkinson, Appleton, Brittan, James, Jeavon and Taylor.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:36 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:32 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Reality check.
Parkinson, with a full set of malleable and enthusiastic youngsters still has no idea of what "Attack" means.

Boo fxcking hiss to David Rubin & Partners, F fxcking V tosspots, the EFL, and bloody Parkinson.
We had no pre season, no striker of any description and kids who did themselves proud.

And none of those people are enemies. Parkinson is unpaid for 5 months and still here trying to put a team out. Deserves a medal.

We aren’t here because of any of the aforementioned people in your post. We all know who the real villains are in this.
In your eyes ...
We actually had as many pre-season games as advertised. It just all took place behind closed doors. Still was a fxcking pre-season though innit?
Just stop.
Stop what?
Having an opinion on a football forum?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:38 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:33 pm
Matthews has an horrendous error in him almost every game, Wigan away last season, that today as well.

With everything stacked against us this season we need a much better goalkeeper than that.
If you are angry with the result I suggest you give your head a wobble.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:41 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:38 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Matthews has an horrendous error in him almost every game, Wigan away last season, that today as well.

With everything stacked against us this season we need a much better goalkeeper than that.
I've seen you post more virulent stuff after a loss than that.
We all do it. We get carried away. Sometimes, even you, were right in hindsight. We're not on here to hug each other. (At least I hope we're not...)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:44 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:38 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:

This is a quite ridiculous post - excuse me squire where on earth in my post does it suggest that I'm in anyway angry with the result - I'm simply saying that IMO Matthews is not good enough in goal, I thought that the young lads did excellent.

Is this a USSR type forum where everyone has to agree with the moderator ?

In your reply please point out where I'm in any way angry with the result.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:34 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:29 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Reality check.

In your eyes ...
We actually had as pre-season as advertised. It just all took place behind closed doors. Still a fxcking pre-season though innit?
A full pre season is 7 or 8 games to allow players to gradually build minutes. Not 3 behind closed doors games. That’s not proper preparation and a number of the players didn’t even have that.

But let’s face it that team did brilliantly. It is way below the quality required for this division. But still can only be proud in the most ridiculous of circumstances any team has likely ever played in.
And did I ever doubt or question that?
I praised the team, and the fans.
They were let down by Parkinson, Appleton, Brittan, James, Jeavon and Taylor.
They were let down by a bloke who has been unpaid for 5 months yet still rocks up with his staff some of whom are now only able to work part time as they can’t afford to come in? Honestly think that’s just not the case. We could have been panned today that was the likely outcome. We weren’t and they all did themselves proud. Nothing else to it.

If anyone let us down today it was Josh Magennis. And the crowd made sure everyone knew that too.

Oh and Ken. Cunty Ken.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:51 pm

And who hasn't paid him?
Your mate Paul Appleton.

Parkinson has had ample opportunity to piss off. He's hanging on because he has a rolling one year contract and is looking for compo.

We never were going to win this fxcking match. It's irrelevant. But the long term situation, if we ever get bought and aren't liquidated, is relevant: and Parkinson is a hindrance, not an asset.
Christ, if only you could get firms that come in and hindrance-strip, we'd be on cloud nine.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:54 pm

I'm going to bathe my head in salt water for a few hours.
We'll see next time I log in whether FV have bought us or not, huzzah!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:51 pm
And who hasn't paid him?
Your mate Paul Appleton.

Parkinson has had ample opportunity to piss off. He's hanging on because he has a rolling one year contract and is looking for compo.

We never were going to win this fxcking match. It's irrelevant. But the long term situation, if we ever get bought and aren't liquidated, is relevant: and Parkinson is a hindrance, not an asset.
Christ, if only you could get firms that come in and hindrance-strip, we'd be on cloud nine.
He paid players what he could from the business. I believe it involved borrowing too. Funny how the others managed to play.

As for Parky regardless the man is here and without him it would be worse behind the scenes. I personally do not think he will stay longer term so you will likely get your wish but we will see.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:05 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:26 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Reality check.

This 100% - saving grace is that Parkinson wont be here this time next week.

Well done the young lads today, you should be proud of yourselves - young Zouma outstanding.

I think you're going to be disappointed.

The only thing to take from today, is pride in the fight the youngsters put up and the backing we as supporters gave them.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:26 pm

Just having a well earned beer now. Possibly the proudest I've been watching us.

Very similar to lots of games last year where we were up against it but battled gamely. The kids were immense and I expect Politic, Weir and Zuma to see more first team action this year even if we sign a whole new side post takeover. Big shout out to White (?) the young lad that came on at left back after the early injury. Real cojones that lad.

Support was awesome. I got a bit choked at the end :cry:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:52 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:26 pm
Just having a well earned beer now. Possibly the proudest I've been watching us.

Very similar to lots of games last year where we were up against it but battled gamely. The kids were immense and I expect Politic, Weir and Zuma to see more first team action this year even if we sign a whole new side post takeover. Big shout out to White (?) the young lad that came on at left back after the early injury. Real cojones that lad.

Support was awesome. I got a bit choked at the end :cry:
Same. Must have been some dust in the air.

Or maybe I was intensely proud of a young team who showed fearlessness in the cause. The lad who came on at left-back - not even Boon who’d played pre-season - well his second touch was an attempt to take on his winger. They passed, they moved, they looked up, and they were applauded by positive fans who stayed behind to cheer to the rafters, applauded by Gareth Ainsworth and Akinfenwa as well as all the Bolton players. As one said outside, “I’ve never been so happy after a 2-0 defeat”.

Whether the feeling will last through a home game, I don’t know. But today was a special day, and I was proud to be a Wanderer.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:52 pm

The smile on Zouma's face at the end was a belter.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:45 pm

That starting XI should go down as heroes - the likes of Brockbank, Lowe, etc can comment themselves as legends this season with that commitment to the badge.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Just realised we’re now bottom on GD on account of Bury not playing, though they do have a points deduction in hand.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:15 pm

I'll take my bowler hat off to Sharon Brittan tonight, I seriously have doubts regarding FV and had a go at her last evening, but she seriously fronted up today & shook hands with Bolton fans before the game - I thought that showed some serious balls.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:45 pm

A bird with balls.

I've come unstuck there before!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:46 pm

Despite the result, today has to go down as one of my favourite ever away days. Immensely proud of a team of kids, strangers and a sprinkle of experience that never gave up, only tired. Proud of our supporters for getting behind the team from first minute to last and beyond! Today’s result matters not one iota. Today was about getting behind the team, thanking Wycombe for their support and looking forward. We are Bolton and slowly but surely we will be back!

As an aside, Zouma looks to be some player and Akinfenwa :pray:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:49 am

EBHovClXsAAJuLV.jpg
EBHovClXsAAJuLV.jpg (177.21 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
At least 37ft in the air there!

Proper beast mode.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:41 pm

Here's the BN take on it...

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/

Seems like wasn't only Magennis ready to throw his toys out of the pram then...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください