Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8170
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:45 pm

Last 10
Come on football gods, give our fans the spawniest equaliser known to man, fck me we deserve it

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8170
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:46 pm

Bollocks!

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:46 pm

Oh well.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください


TKIZ!
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7020
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:19 pm
Location: Simon Farnworth's glove bag

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:51 pm

Credit to this team. 13 out 18 are youngsters. By the sounds of it Zouma has had a game and a half. Stick him with an established CB, maybe that Thompson who was training with us, and we've got a decent spine. Like last season we need some sort of goal threat.
Pfffft.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1655
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:52 pm

Marc Iles has just typed the phrase "loud and proud". :evil:

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37948
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:53 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:44 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:41 pm
Come on the one and only wanderers, get back in it....you can do it....
Possibly. But despite our 60% possession the stats state that none of our three shots have been on target, compared to the False Wanderers four out of fifteen shots on target.
It's no good the defenders giving it all if the attackers are absent.
Ah, a normal match plan then? Parky's "Variations on a theme" by Rachmaninov with bassoon solos. :wink:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1856
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Jugs » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:54 pm

Ah well. Need a sharpshooter up front, pronto

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:53 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:44 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:41 pm
Come on the one and only wanderers, get back in it....you can do it....
Possibly. But despite our 60% possession the stats state that none of our three shots have been on target, compared to the False Wanderers four out of fifteen shots on target.
It's no good the defenders giving it all if the attackers are absent.
Ah, a normal match plan then? Parky's "Variations on a theme" by Rachmaninov with bassoon solos. :wink:
Yup.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:56 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:52 pm
Marc Iles has just typed the phrase "loud and proud". :evil:
About the first thing he's got right in a while...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:05 pm

Could've been a lot worse with team we had out. They should hold their heads high. All of them. Just hope it doesn't all drag on another week, before we can get the rest purported to be waiting, signed.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37948
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:05 pm
Could've been a lot worse with team we had out. They should hold their heads high. All of them. Just hope it doesn't all drag on another week, before we can get the rest purported to be waiting, signed.
Sort of just proving that the spirit of football doesn't live in a bank vault.....or something... :)
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:07 pm

Josh Meggennis if you see this you cowardly Cnut. I hope you rot in the reserves. Had he been on today that would have been a positive scoreline.

Everyone one of them lads played their hearts out.

Fans. Absolute legends.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Reality check.
We've just been beaten 2-0 by last season's 17th place League One.
We still have no owner, officially.
Parkinson, with a full set of malleable and enthusiastic youngsters still has no idea of what "Attack" means.

All praise the team, and the travelling fans.
Boo fxcking hiss to David Rubin & Partners, F fxcking V tosspots, the EFL, and bloody Parkinson.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25397
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:14 pm
Reality check.
We've just been beaten 2-0 by last season's 17th place League One.
We still have no owner, officially.
Parkinson, with a full set of malleable and enthusiastic youngsters still has no idea of what "Attack" means.

All praise the team, and the travelling fans.
Boo fxcking hiss to David Rubin & Partners, F fxcking V tosspots, the EFL, and bloody Parkinson.
We had no pre season, no striker of any description and kids who did themselves proud.

And none of those people are enemies. Parkinson is unpaid for 5 months and still here trying to put a team out. Deserves a medal.

We aren’t here because of any of the aforementioned people in your post. We all know who the real villains are in this.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:22 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:14 pm
Reality check.
We've just been beaten 2-0 by last season's 17th place League One.
We still have no owner, officially.
Parkinson, with a full set of malleable and enthusiastic youngsters still has no idea of what "Attack" means.

All praise the team, and the travelling fans.
Boo fxcking hiss to David Rubin & Partners, F fxcking V tosspots, the EFL, and bloody Parkinson.
We had no pre season, no striker of any description and kids who did themselves proud.

And none of those people are enemies. Parkinson is unpaid for 5 months and still here trying to put a team out. Deserves a medal.

We aren’t here because of any of the aforementioned people in your post. We all know who the real villains are in this.
In your eyes ...
We actually had as many pre-season games as advertised. It just all took place behind closed doors. Still was a fxcking pre-season though innit?
Three games cancelled, instead three played out of sight.
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bertie Wooster
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:14 pm
Reality check.
We've just been beaten 2-0 by last season's 17th place League One.
We still have no owner, officially.
Parkinson, with a full set of malleable and enthusiastic youngsters still has no idea of what "Attack" means.

All praise the team, and the travelling fans.
Boo fxcking hiss to David Rubin & Partners, F fxcking V tosspots, the EFL, and bloody Parkinson.
This 100% - saving grace is that Parkinson wont be here this time next week.

Well done the young lads today, you should be proud of yourselves - young Zouma outstanding.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25397
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:24 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:22 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:14 pm
Reality check.
We've just been beaten 2-0 by last season's 17th place League One.
We still have no owner, officially.
Parkinson, with a full set of malleable and enthusiastic youngsters still has no idea of what "Attack" means.

All praise the team, and the travelling fans.
Boo fxcking hiss to David Rubin & Partners, F fxcking V tosspots, the EFL, and bloody Parkinson.
We had no pre season, no striker of any description and kids who did themselves proud.

And none of those people are enemies. Parkinson is unpaid for 5 months and still here trying to put a team out. Deserves a medal.

We aren’t here because of any of the aforementioned people in your post. We all know who the real villains are in this.
In your eyes ...
We actually had as pre-season as advertised. It just all took place behind closed doors. Still a fxcking pre-season though innit?
Three games cancelled, instead three played out of sight.
A full pre season is 7 or 8 games to allow players to gradually build minutes. Not 3 behind closed doors games. That’s not proper preparation and a number of the players didn’t even have that.

But let’s face it that team did brilliantly. It is way below the quality required for this division. But still can only be proud in the most ridiculous of circumstances any team has likely ever played in.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by DJBlu » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:32 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:24 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:22 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:14 pm
Reality check.
We've just been beaten 2-0 by last season's 17th place League One.
We still have no owner, officially.
Parkinson, with a full set of malleable and enthusiastic youngsters still has no idea of what "Attack" means.

All praise the team, and the travelling fans.
Boo fxcking hiss to David Rubin & Partners, F fxcking V tosspots, the EFL, and bloody Parkinson.
We had no pre season, no striker of any description and kids who did themselves proud.

And none of those people are enemies. Parkinson is unpaid for 5 months and still here trying to put a team out. Deserves a medal.

We aren’t here because of any of the aforementioned people in your post. We all know who the real villains are in this.
In your eyes ...
We actually had as many pre-season games as advertised. It just all took place behind closed doors. Still was a fxcking pre-season though innit?
Three games cancelled, instead three played out of sight.
Just stop.

Bertie Wooster
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:33 pm

Matthews has an horrendous error in him almost every game, Wigan away last season, that today as well.

With everything stacked against us this season we need a much better goalkeeper than that.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest