2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16677
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:46 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:27 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:33 pm
Ok - York was a blip. Back to winning ways today with a 2-1 win against Bradford. We're going to rock this Division.
How shit must Bradford be? :shock:
Not as good as they were in about 2014-2016...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35420
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:48 pm

So, regarding possible players in. I see that Sheffield Utd have transfer listed Ched Evans. He seemed to have a very decent season last time out at Fleetwood. If T'Blades can't shift him I wonder if they'd let us borrow him?
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16677
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:48 pm
So, regarding possible players in. I see that Sheffield Utd have transfer listed Ched Evans. He seemed to have a very decent season last time out at Fleetwood. If T'Blades can't shift him I wonder if they'd let us borrow him?
I heard his name mentioned earlier this summer by someone who would have a reasonably reliable idea. Whether it's still the same now remains to be seen.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:58 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:55 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:48 pm
So, regarding possible players in. I see that Sheffield Utd have transfer listed Ched Evans. He seemed to have a very decent season last time out at Fleetwood. If T'Blades can't shift him I wonder if they'd let us borrow him?
I heard his name mentioned earlier this summer by someone who would have a reasonably reliable idea. Whether it's still the same now remains to be seen.
You two, just stop it right now.
Pretending Ched Evans is coming here ain't normal.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35420
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:02 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:58 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:55 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:48 pm
So, regarding possible players in. I see that Sheffield Utd have transfer listed Ched Evans. He seemed to have a very decent season last time out at Fleetwood. If T'Blades can't shift him I wonder if they'd let us borrow him?
I heard his name mentioned earlier this summer by someone who would have a reasonably reliable idea. Whether it's still the same now remains to be seen.
You two, just stop it right now.
Pretending Ched Evans is coming here ain't normal.
It has indeed come to summat when we're aspiring to take Ched Evans on loan :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19771
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:09 pm

Indeed. The glory days when we ruled out bang-average sex-pests for moral reasons rather than because we didn't think we could get them!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8002
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:27 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Indeed. The glory days when we ruled out bang-average sex-pests for moral reasons rather than because we didn't think we could get them!
I think he should be considered a high-end sex pest.
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35420
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:27 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Indeed. The glory days when we ruled out bang-average sex-pests for moral reasons rather than because we didn't think we could get them!
I think he should be considered a high-end sex pest.
At a Premier Inn? Good God, man!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:40 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:27 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Indeed. The glory days when we ruled out bang-average sex-pests for moral reasons rather than because we didn't think we could get them!
I think he should be considered a high-end sex pest.
At a Premier Inn? Good God, man!
It is LE you're talking with, Brucie!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35420
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:41 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:40 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:27 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:09 pm
Indeed. The glory days when we ruled out bang-average sex-pests for moral reasons rather than because we didn't think we could get them!
I think he should be considered a high-end sex pest.
At a Premier Inn? Good God, man!
It is LE you're talking with, Brucie!
True enough ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8002
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:11 pm

feck off, just cos you lord it in Travelodge.
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23081
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:18 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:11 pm
feck off, just cos you lord it in Travelodge.
:lol:

Enoch
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3966
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Enoch » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:18 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:11 pm
feck off, just cos you lord it in Travelodge.
:lol:
I booked into a Travelodge on Ramsgate harbour a few years back and was impressed to see there was a bottle opener screwed on the side of the dressing table.

Class.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35420
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:14 pm

:lol: Lion of Vienna reporting that the remote possibility I suggested earlier that we sign Ched Evans on loan as 'transfer gossip'. Batman says he feels morally conflicted. feck off, Chris. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bertie Wooster
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:14 pm
:lol: Lion of Vienna reporting that the remote possibility I suggested earlier that we sign Ched Evans on loan as 'transfer gossip'. Batman says he feels morally conflicted. feck off, Chris. ;)
He would be a decent signing for us in League 1

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35420
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:19 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:14 pm
:lol: Lion of Vienna reporting that the remote possibility I suggested earlier that we sign Ched Evans on loan as 'transfer gossip'. Batman says he feels morally conflicted. feck off, Chris. ;)
He would be a decent signing for us in League 1
Indeed. That was my point originally.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3966
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Enoch » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:14 pm
:lol: Lion of Vienna reporting that the remote possibility I suggested earlier that we sign Ched Evans on loan as 'transfer gossip'. Batman says he feels morally conflicted. feck off, Chris. ;)
Don't ya just love t'internet.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35420
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:29 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:21 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:14 pm
:lol: Lion of Vienna reporting that the remote possibility I suggested earlier that we sign Ched Evans on loan as 'transfer gossip'. Batman says he feels morally conflicted. feck off, Chris. ;)
Don't ya just love t'internet.

Occasionally ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8002
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:43 pm

I think Evans has more than paid the price for his indiscretions, especially as they don't include rape.
Joining us is a punishment too far.
Oh, but surely just for one day, we could fight and we could win
And if only for a little while, we could insist on the impossible...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19771
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: 2019 pre-season chat - let’s pretend it’s all normal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:21 pm

Can he appeal?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest