Who's the naked woman on the white horse? H v Coventry 10/Aug/19

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Who's the naked woman on the white horse? H v Coventry 10/Aug/19

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:19 pm
Enoch wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:57 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:37 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:33 pm
I think he meant not sure any of us are going to the game.

But, if it is on, who will take the no. 10 shirt in your absence?
My dog could, if she set out now. Collie of the Wanderers - newspaper headlines worldwide, rags to riches story.

Worked for Billy the Fish!
We've already had The Invisible Striker from Fulchester United ;)
Looks like he's in every week at the moment. :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:50 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:39 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:30 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:16 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:04 pm
Well that's made my mind up about whether to go or not.
Useless bunch of fxcking windup merchants.
Not sure any of us are... :cry:
FV, you divvy... :D
Would you pay to get the game on before you owned us? They've already done that once. They've put money into the club - and still people mess around. Has to be a point where anyone would say - enough is enough.
That's not the point, imminently. The point right now was they were to make a statement about ticket sales, this morning, and they haven't.
Some of us need to plan ahead, it's not in the slightest helpful not knowing whether it or isn't going ahead. If itsn't they need to say so. If it is they need to pull their finger out of somebody's arse.
I agree but it wasn't FV to make a statement was it? They don't own it - not their place to say anything.

The administrators have to update the ticket office staff so an update on tickets can be made.
Hang on a goddam second... I thought it was FV paying the costs upfront. It was supposed to be Nick Mason's company organising the ticket sales. It was FV who cancelled the ticket sales at 8:50 am yesterday. It was supposed to be Sharon Brittan who was reported to be making a statement on ticket sales this morning...
No it wasn't. A statement on tickets was promised by "@officialbwfc"

The administrator is running the club. They are responsible for any statements until such point as that changes. That is pretty obvious.

FV offering to fund or run ticket sales to ensure the game goes ahead (or refusing to do so) is inconsequential they still do not own the business and therefore cannot make a statement on its behalf.

FV didn't cancel the ticket sales. The club administrator did. That may be because FV said "we're not paying for it" but still obligation is not with them. As you well know.
Well that's not quite the take Marc Iles put on it is it, as you well know:
Quote "It is understood the delay is down to the Football Ventures consortium, who had agreed to underwrite the costs of the game going ahead even if their takeover had not yet been completed...

...The final say went to an external management company associated with Nick Mason, the Pink Floyd drummer, and known business partner of Sharon Brittan.

The same company sought to put sales on hold today – and their increasing influence on club affairs could be an indication that the takeover is finally drawing to a conclusion" unquote.
How is it different? Do they own the club - yes or no? When they do its up to them. Until then - it isn't their responsibility. They could pull out from any interest in BWFC any minute and that's it they are off. They'll lose money but that's their problem.

The ins and outs of what is going on behind the scenes - nobody knows. But the bottom line is FV have no responsibility to the football club or its fans or anyone else until the contracts are all signed and sealed. Like Bassini when he came mincing in promising a million quid to pay players and was texting the players about it - the money never arrived and Ken pulled the plug. But Bassini was not responsible anymore than FV are.
Appleton's a waste of space too. He is responsible, or rather, at the moment, completely irresponsible.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:50 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:46 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:39 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:35 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:30 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:16 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:14 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 pm
[quote="Lost Leopard Spot" post_id=1080374 time=1565262240 user_id=4530]
Well that's made my mind up about whether to go or not.
Useless bunch of fxcking windup merchants.
Not sure any of us are... :cry:
FV, you divvy... :D
Would you pay to get the game on before you owned us? They've already done that once. They've put money into the club - and still people mess around. Has to be a point where anyone would say - enough is enough.
That's not the point, imminently. The point right now was they were to make a statement about ticket sales, this morning, and they haven't.
Some of us need to plan ahead, it's not in the slightest helpful not knowing whether it or isn't going ahead. If itsn't they need to say so. If it is they need to pull their finger out of somebody's arse.
I agree but it wasn't FV to make a statement was it? They don't own it - not their place to say anything.

The administrators have to update the ticket office staff so an update on tickets can be made.
Hang on a goddam second... I thought it was FV paying the costs upfront. It was supposed to be Nick Mason's company organising the ticket sales. It was FV who cancelled the ticket sales at 8:50 am yesterday. It was supposed to be Sharon Brittan who was reported to be making a statement on ticket sales this morning...
No it wasn't. A statement on tickets was promised by "@officialbwfc"

The administrator is running the club. They are responsible for any statements until such point as that changes. That is pretty obvious.

FV offering to fund or run ticket sales to ensure the game goes ahead (or refusing to do so) is inconsequential they still do not own the business and therefore cannot make a statement on its behalf.

FV didn't cancel the ticket sales. The club administrator did. That may be because FV said "we're not paying for it" but still obligation is not with them. As you well know.
Well that's not quite the take Marc Iles put on it is it, as you well know:
Quote "It is understood the delay is down to the Football Ventures consortium, who had agreed to underwrite the costs of the game going ahead even if their takeover had not yet been completed...

...The final say went to an external management company associated with Nick Mason, the Pink Floyd drummer, and known business partner of Sharon Brittan.

The same company sought to put sales on hold today – and their increasing influence on club affairs could be an indication that the takeover is finally drawing to a conclusion" unquote.
How is it different? Do they own the club - yes or no? When they do its up to them. Until then - it isn't their responsibility. They could pull out from any interest in BWFC any minute and that's it they are off. They'll lose money but that's their problem.

The ins and outs of what is going on behind the scenes - nobody knows. But the bottom line is FV have no responsibility to the football club or its fans or anyone else until the contracts are all signed and sealed. Like Bassini when he came mincing in promising a million quid to pay players and was texting the players about it - the money never arrived and Ken pulled the plug. But Bassini was not responsible anymore than FV are.
Appleton's a waste of space too. He is responsible, or rather, at the moment, completely irresponsible.
[/quote]

He is responsible. But what can he do about the situation?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:38 pm

Statement from Coventry City FC, just now:

Quote" Coventry City is still awaiting a ticketing update from Bolton Wanderers regarding Saturday’s game.

We remain in regular contact with Bolton Wanderers and the EFL regarding Saturday.

While there unfortunately remains no ticket update currently, we have been assured by Bolton that the game will go ahead.

When we receive a ticketing update, we will let fans know as soon as possible.

Dave Boddy, Coventry City Chief Executive, said: “We understand the predicament that Bolton as a club, their staff and most importantly their fans are currently in.

“At the same time, we sympathise with the frustration of Sky Blues fans who want information for our first away game of the season and want to make plans to support the team at Bolton.

“This situation is one which is out of our control, but we continue to ask for ticketing information from Bolton, and we will update our fans as soon as we are able to do so and share any information we get with them.” unquote.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:54 am

Games ON!
£20!
BOOOOM

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:54 am

I heard Bassini has funded the discount 😉

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:01 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:54 am
Games ON!
£20!
BOOOOM
“Yeah but Parky’s still in charge and it’s all kids and we’re rubbish and the beer’s shit and it might rain and the club should listen to proper supporters like me.”

Seriously, though, I hope the reduced price makes up for the shortfall in ticket purchasing caused by (1) it being all-ticket and (2) no tickets being on sale for 50 crucial hours.

All we need to do is make sure those floating voters who wouldn’t pay £24 but would happily pay £20 suddenly get the urge to check for ticket news.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:59 am

Hmm I don't have a printer!

Does anyone know if we can buy today and pick the tickets up at Bolton Central tomorrow?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Jugs wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:59 am
Hmm I don't have a printer!

Does anyone know if we can buy today and pick the tickets up at Bolton Central tomorrow?

Yes.

The Print At Home functionality allows supporters to have their match ticket sent direct to their designated email address, which can then be printed at home or at work. This will enable supporters to gain entry at the University of Bolton Stadium turnstiles, without the need to queue to collect their ticket.

Tickets must be collected in person if the Print at Home delivery method is not selected.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:21 pm

Thanks

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:29 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:01 am
officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:54 am
Games ON!
£20!
BOOOOM
“Yeah but Parky’s still in charge and it’s all kids and we’re rubbish and the beer’s shit and it might rain and the club should listen to proper supporters like me.”

Seriously, though, I hope the reduced price makes up for the shortfall in ticket purchasing caused by (1) it being all-ticket and (2) no tickets being on sale for 50 crucial hours.

All we need to do is make sure those floating voters who wouldn’t pay £24 but would happily pay £20 suddenly get the urge to check for ticket news.
I moaned about the price. I mean, I'd still have payed it, but my gripe was more to do with the missed opportunity to get all and sundry down. However, the reason I'm now not going is that, with all the 4ucking about leading me to believe that the game wouldn't be on, I've made other arrangements. I doubt I'm alone.
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:30 pm

“It should be free to Season ticket holders cos of Brentford”
GET
TO
F U C K

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Nobody seems to begrudge paying £20 for a ticket, so riddle me this -

If there were club representatives outside the ground tomorrow, collecting for unpaid staff, who amongst us would baulk at sticking a couple of quid into the bucket? Who would be against putting in, say, a fiver?

If you'd be happy to stick that money in to help the club, then why moan at a £24 ticket? Why not just pony up in the first place?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:44 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:34 pm

If there were club representatives outside the ground tomorrow, collecting for unpaid staff, who amongst us would baulk at sticking a couple of quid into the bucket? Who would be against putting in, say, a fiver?

If you'd be happy to stick that money in to help the club, then why moan at a £24 ticket? Why not just pony up in the first place?
Because people love to piss and moan about anything. The tickets could be any price and like DSB says Parky is still in charge, I missed a game v Brentford... Insert whinge here.

I genuinely thought the fact we're close to extinction all these issues could have been put to one side. Obviously not.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:49 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:34 pm

I think its complex isn't it. If you're a dad taking your two kids and being asked to fork out best part of £50 for a game when you also would buy 3 STs if they were sold - you can see why people are feeling its a bit much. Esepcially when to some it literally is a "Saturday afternoon few hours out the house" and they don't think much of it beyond that.

To a hardened supporter sure its a few quid extra to help the club. But not everyone will think like that. I came round to that view after initially thinking "wow that's high" but it is also cos I rarely buy home matchday tickets these days so probably out of touch.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:59 pm

People now on twitter claiming they wouldn't go even if they are paid £20 to go.

Is it £20 for U23s or £10, the difference between going and not.

Gets my blood boiling when the press and supporters trust jump on the club to reduce the price when we know deep down people will not go regardless.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Four tickets purchased :oyea:

Those that know him won't be surprised but Bijou Bob, on being informed he owes me £20 for his, has offered me 20% up front and the rest over 2 years :whack:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Team news? How many signings can we announce with the team sheet? Hobbs for one?

Unfortunately I can’t see us scoring unless Oztumer unleashes a rocket. We are clearly lacking in the striker department.

A battling 0-0 will do.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:55 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:15 pm
Team news? How many signings can we announce with the team sheet? Hobbs for one?

Unfortunately I can’t see us scoring unless Oztumer unleashes a rocket. We are clearly lacking in the striker department.

A battling 0-0 will do.
I thought Hobbs had signed a contract but still was unregistered? I'm confused, and getting confuseder.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください